2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

Probably Josh Jackson. Was supposed to be Dwayne Lawson, but he transferred after he lost the starting spot to Evans.

Jackson was a 4 star recruit and he was in the 180's on ESPN's top 300. He's also from Ann Arbor, so maybe you don't like him. Or maybe you do because he is from there and still didn't go to Michigan :lol:

the second one!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that they are alike at all. Watson is a big, accurate pocket passer with a big arm. He can run some but he is absolutely a pass first guy. He's a gunslinger.

TT is an elite athlete and a playmaker. He does damage as the play breaks down. He is risk averse.

I'm not saying that they are better of with one or the other but they play a totally different game.

Exactly...They're not the same...And you pointed out the differences well...

I think despite his tendency to stare down receivers at times, and his struggles with zone dropping defenders, Watson will come in to the NFL as a better passer than Tyrod already is...He can make every throw...And he does...

His early season film was SO iffy...I was thinking he could drop into the 2nd-3rd Round...And he's going to throw picks...He just does...But then he'll light it up when he needs to...And it seems like no moment is too big for him...For comparison purposes I really don't understand how anyone can say Jameis Winston is a better Pro prospect than Deshaun Watson...And I'm not trying to knock Winston...I liked him too...But I like Watson a little better...I really do...

Watson scares me some...But the kid has elite potential...No matter how much I try to stay critical about him (and he gives you enough to criticize for sure) from a scouting standpoint I can't help but like the kid...I like enough about him that I'm totally fine with the Bills taking a chance on him at #10...Because his upside is greatness...And I don't think the Bills should pass on that possibility... B-)

couldn't disagree more, Watson plays exactly the same except he throws a good slant.

but will have to agree to disagree as no amount debating this will change our minds.

You stop and I will say whatever I want. if you don't like it move a long.

Watson plays exactly the same except he can make every throw and isn't a big wuss. The only thing that's the same is that they can both run and have good arms. But that's not the "way they play". Watson takes chances and trusts his arm and his WRs. Tyrod never ever takes chances and will only throw to a WR if they're wide open. How is that playing the same? Do they have similar physical attributes? Absolutely. But that's "plays exactly the same".

Exactly...They're not the same...And you pointed out the differences well...

I think despite his tendency to stare down receivers at times, and his struggles with zone dropping defenders, Watson will come in to the NFL as a better passer than Tyrod already is...He can make every throw...And he does...

His early season film was SO iffy...I was thinking he could drop into the 2nd-3rd Round...And he's going to throw picks...He just does...But then he'll light it up when he needs to...And it seems like no moment is too big for him...For comparison purposes I really don't understand how anyone can say Jameis Winston is a better Pro prospect than Deshaun Watson...And I'm not trying to knock Winston...I liked him too...But I like Watson a little better...I really do...

Watson scares me some...But the kid has elite potential...No matter how much I try to stay critical about him (and he gives you enough to criticize for sure) from a scouting standpoint I can't help but like the kid...I like enough about him that I'm totally fine with the Bills taking a chance on him at #10...Because his upside is greatness...And I don't think the Bills should pass on that possibility... B-)

I don't think Watson is that accurate. Winston is just a naturally gifted passer. Watson has a highlight film full of dime throws from comfy pockets but he also throws a lot of WTF passes that just don't seem anywhere near as on target as they should be.

Winston and Mariotta were clearly better QB prospects IMO but I do like Watson.

I don't think Watson is that accurate. Winston is just a naturally gifted passer. Watson has a highlight film full of dime throws from comfy pockets but he also throws a lot of WTF passes that just don't seem anywhere near as on target as they should be.

I hear you...

And like I said I liked Winston too...

If you look at Winston and Watson's final two college seasons combined...their stats are REALLY similar...I mean...It's crazy how close they are...And of course there is much more to evaluation than statistics...But still...It's weird how close they are...

Which brings me to the point I was actually trying to make, but did a poor job of completing...If Winston was the clear cut #1 overall pick...Which he absolutely should have been...then I can't see how the Bills could pass on Watson if he get to #10 overall...You're gambling on greatness at the most important position in the NFL with a kid who not only has the tools, but has also come up really big in really big games...I'm not saying Watson is a lock or anything of the sort because he has some big holes in his game...Despite those holes he has consistently been a + 65% completion guy (yes including plenty of bubble screens... :lol: ) since his Freshman year...Which is the single stat I pay the closest attention to when looking at potential college QB's...

So...He's far from a sure thing...But if he lands in the right spot, with the right coaching and works his ass off he could be special...

The Bills need special at the QB position...Heck every team needs special...I'd take Watson at #10 and get to work on him... B-)

I hear you...

And like I said I liked Winston too...

If you look at Winston and Watson's final two college seasons combined...their stats are REALLY similar...I mean...It's crazy how close they are...And of course there is much more to evaluation than statistics...But still...It's weird how close they are...

Which brings me to the point I was actually trying to make, but did a poor job of completing...If Winston was the clear cut #1 overall pick...Which he absolutely should have been...then I can't see how the Bills could pass on Watson if he get to #10 overall...You're gambling on greatness at the most important position in the NFL with a kid who not only has the tools, but has also come up really big in really big games...I'm not saying Watson is a lock or anything of the sort because he has some big holes in his game...Despite those holes he has consistently been a + 65% completion guy (yes including plenty of bubble screens... :lol: ) since his Freshman year...Which is the single stat I pay the closest attention to when looking at potential college QB's...

So...He's far from a sure thing...But if he lands in the right spot, with the right coaching and works his ass off he could be special...

The Bills need special at the QB position...Heck every team needs special...I'd take Watson at #10 and get to work on him... B-)

Odds are that Whaley will take the higher graded safety over the qb in this draft. It's a conservative mind-set that has kept this franchise mired in the mud. I get the sense that DW is very much intrigued with Cardale even though he is still a major project who is going to take at least a couple more years to smooth the rough edges.

Whaley made a bold move in acquiring Watkins, a receiver. He should repeat that aggressive approach in finding a long term solution at qb.

When I watch the Watson WTF throws I am not sure what I see is inaccuracy so much as bad decision making. I also think Winston and Mariota were better prospects but I have Watson 3rd behind them out of the last 3 classes. I have a higher grade on him than any QB in last year's class.

watson throws a real nice deep ball just like tyrod and he has a stronger arm. he does seem to have a nicer touch when throwing to the corners of the end zone. he throws over the middle but those can be off just like tyrod. he also runs a lot bigger than tyrod if that makes sense. it doesn't seem like he's much bigger than tyrod...1-2 inches and maybe 10 lbs but he just seems like he plays bigger. that said if you release tyrod you better be sure watson is there at 10. then we better use that cap space to help the defense...safety spot. the chiefs have the cap space to sign berry so he probably won't be available.

Some thoughts on QB draft options in 2017:

1) Mitch Trubisky - (6'3" 220 lbs - JR) would need to trade up. Hey we're willing to trade up for a WR, why not a QB?

2) DeShone Kizer - (6'4" 230 lbs - JR) I know he's a project but should be available to us at the #10 spot and we wouldn't have to tank to get a good QB in 2018. May be able to get him in the 2nd but highly doubtful.

3) Chad Kelly - (6' 2" 224 lbs - SR) probably able to snag in the 3rd rnd. - has the passion and heritage

4) Rush Cooper - (6'3" 220 lbs - SR) Should be able to grab in the 6th round.

5) Bradley Gustafson - (6' 6" 235 lbs - SR) - Should be able to snag in the 7th round.

Go Bills!!!!!

Odds are that Whaley will take the higher graded safety over the qb in this draft. It's a conservative mind-set that has kept this franchise mired in the mud. I get the sense that DW is very much intrigued with Cardale even though he is still a major project who is going to take at least a couple more years to smooth the rough edges.

Whaley made a bold move in acquiring Watkins, a receiver. He should repeat that aggressive approach in finding a long term solution at qb.

If Whaley takes a safety, it is likely that the top graded one will already have been drafted, ala 2006 when Levy turned down numerous trade down offers, scorned far better players, and drafted Donte Whitner.

Moves like this hobble a franchise for many years as you can see.

If Whaley takes a safety, it is likely that the top graded one will already have been drafted, ala 2006 when Levy turned down numerous trade down offers, scorned far better players, and drafted Donte Whitner.

What Levy did in 2006 has predetermined what happens in the 2017 draft with the Bills' pick at #10? :blink:

There is literally no reason to expect that.

What Levy did in 2006 has predetermined what happens in the 2017 draft with the Bills' pick at #10? :blink:

No, but it would appear that Levy went strictly for need. I was the happiest Bills Fan in America when the Raiders drafted Huff at 7. Then came Whitner at #8 in one of the dumbest moves in Bills history which is quite the distinction.

I guess so many dumb moves like this over the years have made me squeamish. I really hope Whaley doesn't give away more picks. Wouldn't it be great to GET extra picks instead?

No, but it would appear that Levy went strictly for need. I was the happiest Bills Fan in America when the Raiders drafted Huff at 7. Then came Whitner at #8 in one of the dumbest moves in Bills history which is quite the distinction.

I guess so many dumb moves like this over the years have made me squeamish. I really hope Whaley doesn't give away more picks. Wouldn't it be great to GET extra picks instead?

I wanted Ngata at #8 in that draft. Hated the Donte pick. At any rate, I'd like the Bills to take the best guy at 10 this year and I'm hoping for Hooker, Adams, or Williams. Possibly a QB there if they deem one worthy at that spot.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.