Bears release Matt Slauson -Signed w/ San Diego

JM57

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills kicked the tires. If he leaves without a contract so be it. Slauson and his agent know there are going to be injuries in camp, someone will need his services. IF the Bills did not offer a deal Slauson thought was good enough he will wait.

I do not think the Bills should over pay for his services, I was ok with heading into camp with what the Bills have/ see what cuts are made later in the summer and camp. I think Slauson would provide nice depth and flexibility, but i trust Whaley and the Bills FO.

Regardless of what we think, Slauson will not be terribly interested in being a "depth" acquisition. He has played very well, so I'm sure in his mind he's looking for the best opportunity for him to be the starter, wherever on the line that may be, and wherever that gives him the best deal.

Ok I just got home. I don't understand. Why hasn't this happened? Did he not see Rex's truck? Rob's car? Ralph's Taurus?

This should have happened by now. Maybe checking out Chippewa on a Friday night? Ok then this happens tomorrow afternoon of course.

Somebody send him a pizza with his name written on it with pepperoni!

Thick cut? Just a little burnt around the edges? On a slightly greasy but deep bed of cheese? That offsets the WNY taxes!

I don't see how a 30-year old with short arms who hasn't played RT is an upgrade there.

I agree...He's an OG...My main thought concerning Slauson is that he's an upgrade from Urbik...Beyond that though...I don't know... B-)

Cue the deer

:lol: thanks

Exactly. I've slightly amended it. The rally call when we have a confirmed visitor is "release the deers"

There's a progression of Billsisims:

Release the deers

Fire up the Taurus

F5

Ground up in the freezer

Ralph is cheap

still haven't figured out F5 and ground up in freezer or the Taurus for that matter.

You do realise that on that depth chart Henderson is not there because he ended the season on IR?

If Henderson is not good to go the Bills will have to pick up help at offensive tackle. There is no way they go into the season with just Glenn, Mills and Kujo.

Well the original post I was replying to said if they get Slauson, who is a G, then they could free up room by cutting Kujo which is a silly thing to say considering that at this point Kujo is our only backup LT

Well the original post I was replying to said if they get Slauson, who is a G, then they could free up room by cutting Kujo which is a silly thing to say considering that at this point Kujo is our only backup LT

But they are allegedly looking at Slauson as a tackle and at this point the team has Henderson, so Kujo is not our only backup LT.

But they are allegedly looking at Slauson as a tackle and at this point the team has Henderson, so Kujo is not our only backup LT.

Henderson is still a big question mark at this point. I don't think they would be looking at Slauson at RT if Henderson was healthy. That's pretty telling. So until we here otherwise then Kujo is backup LT

That depth chart is old. It still lists Mario as starting at DE.

You do realise that on that depth chart Henderson is not there because he ended the season on IR?

If Henderson is not good to go the Bills will have to pick up help at offensive tackle. There is no way they go into the season with just Glenn, Mills and Kujo.

Henderson was the backup LT before being put on IR. Meaning if Glenn got hurt, Henderson would play LT and Kujo would play RT. Then when Mills was signed, they started him and made Kujo the backup at both spots.

Henderson is still a big question mark at this point. I don't think they would be looking at Slauson at RT if Henderson was healthy. That's pretty telling. So until we here otherwise then Kujo is backup LT

I believe Henderson is until we hear otherwise.

Regardless of what we think, Slauson will not be terribly interested in being a "depth" acquisition. He has played very well, so I'm sure in his mind he's looking for the best opportunity for him to be the starter, wherever on the line that may be, and wherever that gives him the best deal.

I'm pretty sure this is right on the mark, and that's why Rex was non-committal about him. He would be good depth, but if he sees himself as a starter... it's well, a non-starter.

:lol: thanks

still haven't figured out F5 and ground up in freezer or the Taurus for that matter.

common man! how long youse been around hear? you learn nuttin?