RD 1, Pick 19: DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson University

Beerball

If you watched Mario underperform this position last year to,the overall detriment of the defense, I am not sure how you can make this comment. It is a very important position. It was just not played very well (really at all) by Mario. They still have a hole at LB. however, I am confident they can find someone to outplay Bradham's horrible performance last year. Lawson is a great pick, great fit.

how did mario's poor play truly impact how ****ty we were on defense?

hint: it didn't.

teams still passed all over our middle. ran up the gut of the defense.

so, again, DE not needed. LB needed. we both agree. lawson may have been bpa or close but there were better picks considering his shoulder issue, his size and frame.

i am fine with this pick. he's going to be alright but i'd much rather have gone a different direction, like treadwell, lee (who would be ideal for safety and linebacker), butler or even jack based solely on positional value to this scheme.

Gruden, who "loves" everybody, was bagging on him.

Take this as a good sign. I will never forget Gruden just gushing over Spiller when the Bills took him "best player in the draft....blah...blah..." We know how that turned out for the Bills.

i am fine with this pick. he's going to be alright but i'd much rather have gone a different direction, like treadwell, lee (who would be ideal for safety and linebacker), butler or even jack based solely on positional value to this scheme.

I feel similarly, although I'm probably a little bit happier than you. Lee would have been huge for this D, same with Jack.

• He is excited to come to Buffalo
  • Fills a position of great need
  • Fits Rex system
  • An Athletic freak with tenacity (something Mario lost last season)
  • Didn't expect him to be there at 19
  • Played at Sammys College/Rexs sons College
  • Couldn't be happier with the pick, aside from the surgery he needs done after next season.

I think he should get the surgery now, he hurts it more he's done for next season at least

I'm guessing we see a lot of people that don't know his condition or risks post this this week despite our med team with access to him seeming to disagree