RD 1, Pick 19: DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson University

Beerball

:lol:

I thought it was worth pointing out since there was a fair amount of discussion as to whether or not a draft visit was a prerequisite for being selected by Buffalo

I know. Next year we'll rehash it again. (And also the great trade up/down debates)

I guess I don't understand the need for more information...he came in with a shoulder -- assume its that and the much maligned Shefty is correct. Depending on the extent of the injury take care of it ASAP and get him back with fresh legs for the stretch run...

All I meant by my comment was, while I respect that they came in and gave us some information, I'd prefer this information be shared "in context". If a report comes up saying Shaq may miss time, then yeah, this post makes sense even though it has minimal content. I never doubted the poster in the first place and I admit I am most happy on this board when i find information I wouldn't have found elsewhere, but at a certain point you have to realize these statement just start a firestorm of discussion and do more harm than good. That's my 2 cents.

Not sure why it's okay to declare he'll miss games but not why? The shoulder issue was already known and it's not like it would be a HIPAA issue.

perhaps emoulds could lose a friend or his job if it were to get back to the team.

Not sure why it's okay to declare he'll miss games but not why? The shoulder issue was already known and it's not like it would be a HIPAA issue.

just a guess, but while the shoulder issue was known, the need for surgery (at least now) was denied by the player and I believe Whaley as well. I think they were planning to let the season play out and possibly do next off-season. If they are electing to do it now it would indeed be big news not known by anyone yet. Schefter never even said it was going to be done now.

I am going to defend Emoulds because I've had the same situation a few times. It's probably something that he wasn't supposed to share at all. You want to share the news with the board but you can't tell them why you know it or more info. A lot of this type of info only gets exchanged through PM at this point to avoid the scrutiny.

The reality is it either comes true or it doesn't and that's how credibility is built on here. Emoulds has proven to have info.

I think that's b.s., Kirby. It's a "look at me" post -- he didn't do it because he "wants to share," he did it to make himself look important. It's a dick move.

I think that's b.s., Kirby. It's a "look at me" post -- he didn't do it because he "wants to share," he did it to make himself look important. It's a dick move.

I thought so as well, at first, then I looked up his post history and he has had a couple of pieces of inside info that proved out down the line. They were equally cryptic posts. Now I am worried.

Some people have done that here. If he hadn't given inside info before I'd maybe agree. A little more context would've been nice, "Lawson's shoulder is a little worse than originally thought" or something. Maybe it is something different though? Maybe it is a disease like Henderson or Glenn? Maybe it's a drug issue? Maybe it's a criminal issue? Maybe it's nothing?

I hope that it's nothing but I'm willing to take his words as a head's up. It will all play out at some point. I don't think that he'd intentionally come here and make something up. It would hurt the credibility that he has already established.

Some people have done that here. If he hadn't given inside info before I'd maybe agree. A little more context would've been nice, "Lawson's shoulder is a little worse than originally thought" or something. Maybe it is something different though? Maybe it is a disease like Henderson or Glenn? Maybe it's a drug issue? Maybe it's a criminal issue? Maybe it's nothing?

I hope that it's nothing but I'm willing to take his words as a head's up. It will all play out at some point. I don't think that he'd intentionally come here and make something up. It would hurt the credibility that he has already established.

Yeah, but what is the end game? If Lawson ends up missing time am I going to come on here and say, "wow, good job?" Hell no. I'll be thinking, "thanks, d-----bag, for not providing any context at all and letting us swing in the breeze until the report surfaced."

Again, I see no point in anyone sharing inside info if they can't provide context. I'd rather know nothing and make my own guesses than only get part of the story.

Yeah, but what is the end game? If Lawson ends up missing time am I going to come on here and say, "wow, good job?" Hell no. I'll be thinking, "thanks, d-----bag, for not providing any context at all and letting us swing in the breeze until the report surfaced."

Again, I see no point in anyone sharing inside info if they can't provide context. I'd rather know nothing and make my own guesses than only get part of the story.A

You couldn't make any guesses as you would think lawson is fine and ready to go for the season. It seems he has a contact inside the bills and if he gave too much info...his friend would lose his job, or he'd lose a job, and he'd lose a friend. You want all the details but don't need them. Arrests get out very quick as do failed drug tests. So make an educated guess and assume it's his shoulder. How much info do you need and where does it stop? If it comes out he does need the surgery then do you need to know his dr, blood type, hospital and rehab facility?

You couldn't make any guesses as you would think lawson is fine and ready to go for the season. It seems he has a contact inside the bills and if he gave too much info...his friend would lose his job, or he'd lose a job, and he'd lose a friend. You want all the details but don't need them. Arrests get out very quick as do failed drug tests. So make an educated guess and assume it's his shoulder. How much info do you need and where does it stop? If it comes out he does need the surgery then do you need to know his dr, blood type, hospital and rehab facility?

All that's needed is some simple context -- is it legal or medical? That's it.

What you've stated above is simply confirmation that eMoulds is just doing this to make himself look important, not because he "cares" about Bills fans or wants to share with us.

If what Emoulds says is true I don't expect Lawson to make much of an impact this season.

You are a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. As usual.

I will be keeping Emoulds previous success in mind, and also not forget that Leroi was the hot inside scoop for a while.

Lawson has gone on record that he's been playing through his injury since freshman year. Whaley said the Bills were aware of the issue and med staff cleared it. I don't see them taking Shaq in the 1st if they thought it was a serious issue.

All that's needed is some simple context -- is it legal or medical? That's it.

What you've stated above is simply confirmation that eMoulds is just doing this to make himself look important, not because he "cares" about Bills fans or wants to share with us.

What does it matter if he is trying to make himself important? How can you even tell that? He came on here and shared info on our player which he didn't have to do. He did it before as well. I think you're reaching a bit and just looking to shoot the messenger.

We would all know if he was arrested. that gets out immediately.

Edited by aristocrat

What does it matter if he is trying to make himself important? How can you even tell that? He came on here and shared info on our player which he didn't have to do. He did it before as well. I think you're reaching a bit and just looking to shoot the messenger.

We would all know if he was arrested. that gets out immediately.

Hey man, it's ok, we disagree. I don't appreciate the half-info and I won't be lining up to congratulate the messenger if his info is accurate. That's all.

Hey man, it's ok, we disagree. I don't appreciate the half-info and I won't be lining up to congratulate the messenger if his info is accurate. That's all.

Please block me. It will alleviate all your problems.

As far as I know, Lawson has had no problems off the field.

Please block me. It will alleviate all your problems.

As far as I know, Lawson has had no problems off the field.

I don't have any "problems" and I've only ever blocked one poster on this forum. I simply disagree with your tactics. Thanks for providing a bit of context.