Fitz calls his shot -Update Signed w/Jets

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mmehtanydn

EXCLUSIVE: Ryan Fitzpatrick: "This whole process is something I wouldn't wish upon anybody"

"It wasn't easy": Fitz on his tough road back to the Jets

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/wasn-easy-ryan-fitzpatrick-details-tough-offseason-article-1.2729441?utm_content=buffer27a2f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter

Edited by YoloinOhio

Yea I'm confused.

How are the Jets all of a sudden garbage? What does that make us?

They went 10-6 last year and have pretty much the same roster. I don't expect Fitz to have another year like last year, but the Jets should be anywhere between 7-9 and 10-6, IMO. Not garbage by any means.

A lot of people around here would call the Bills garbage if they finish 7-9 or 8-8. Some even at 9-7.

Yea I'm confused.

How are the Jets all of a sudden garbage? What does that make us?

They went 10-6 last year and have pretty much the same roster. I don't expect Fitz to have another year like last year, but the Jets should be anywhere between 7-9 and 10-6, IMO. Not garbage by any means.

In part the Jets were a byproduct of their schedule & catching teams at the right times. They beat 2 teams with winning records last year & one was in week 1 when the Redskins didnt know what they had in Cousins yet. I see the Jets winning no more than 6 games this year.

This is really interesting.

Jets say the don't want Fitz for $12mil a year earlier this summer. Then on the eve of Training Camp they are looking at what they have a QB and realize they need a competent QB. This says the Jets know Geno isn't the answer, nor are any of the other QB's on staff ready(if ever).

We all know what Fitz is. Very good back up QB below average starting QB.

@mmehtanydn

EXCLUSIVE: Ryan Fitzpatrick: "This whole process is something I wouldn't wish upon anybody"

"It wasn't easy": Fitz on his tough road back to the Jets

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/wasn-easy-ryan-fitzpatrick-details-tough-offseason-article-1.2729441?utm_content=buffer27a2f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter

"Wouldn't wish it upon anybody"? For 12 million, sign me up. I'd somehow find a way to make it through

Fitz had his best season as a pro last year. I'm curious to see if he can repeat that success. He's always been a low completion percentage high pick guy so i'd expect him to come back to earth a bit. they could legit go 0-6 to start with that schedule and then what do they do?

"Wouldn't wish it upon anybody"? For 12 million, sign me up. I'd somehow find a way to make it through

Maybe it's the part where he offered this deal at the beginning of June and then had to put up with the Jets goofy FO and their not so subtle sh==t talking until, as nearly everyone knew they would, caved and took the deal he offered.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Maybe it's the part where he offered this deal at the beginning of June and then had to put up with the Jets goofy FO and their not so subtle sh==t talking until, as nearly everyone knew they would, caved and took the deal he offered.

So he had to wait. Poor baby.

Jets are going to be pretty tough.

They've probably improved what was already a very good defense and haven't really lost anything meaningful on offense except for Ivory. The biggest worry I'd have if I were a Jet fan is whether Fitz will be able to replicate, let along improve, on 2015-16. However, with Gailey as his OC and given how comfortable they are together I'd say the changes are good he won't totally fall off.

Here is why I think they will regress...

They lost Damon Harrison which is a huge loss in the middle of their defense. (pun intended)

They lost D'Brickashaw Ferguson who has been a mainstay for 10 years. They replaced him with an oft injured Ryan Clady.

Lost Cromartie and Revis is another year older after looking old last year.

Their schedule is much harder this year than last year.

So in short, they are worse at o-line, d-line, and secondary. They improved at rb and lb.

Here is why I think they will regress...

They lost Damon Harrison which is a huge loss in the middle of their defense. (pun intended)

They lost D'Brickashaw Ferguson who has been a mainstay for 10 years. They replaced him with an oft injured Ryan Clady.

Lost Cromartie and Revis is another year older after looking old last year.

Their schedule is much harder this year than last year.

So in short, they are worse at o-line, d-line, and secondary. They improved at rb and lb.

The opening six games is rough for them...they could be 0-6. they will implode after that.

Seriously. Such an insane ordeal, how did he survive ?

Hope the jets fans are booing him off the field by week 6 like the Texans fans.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Seriously. Such an insane ordeal, how did he survive ?

Hope the jets fans are booing him off the field by week 6 like the Texans fans.

Judging by the Jets' early schedule, that's a very distinct possibility.