Fitz calls his shot -Update Signed w/Jets

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other family members (like BF4E) just left the board. I kind of respect EJ's mom for hanging on.

Speaking of EJ's relatives, where has his godfather Bruce Smith been in supporting him? Bruce said he would be actively supporting EJ but have not seen it recently.

Dude. Just wow. I have wanted EJ to be "the guy" as much or more than anyone. There is NO QUESTION Taylor is the better QB. And he's also better than Tannehill.

I don't know that I will ever understand where you are coming from with this Taylor stuff.

I'm crazy but I think EJ and Taylor are pretty comparable as passers. Taylor is much smarter at protecting the ball and running however.

Dude. Just wow. I have wanted EJ to be "the guy" as much or more than anyone. There is NO QUESTION Taylor is the better QB. And he's also better than Tannehill.

I don't know that I will ever understand where you are coming from with this Taylor stuff.

More people need to see his posts to really understand how radical this guy's opinions are when it comes to Taylor. It's really quite something. And startlingly, he's actually a pretty sensible guy when it comes to politics. He just has this grudge against Taylor that is beyond outrageous. My brother didn't believe me when I told him there was a guy on TBD who thinks that Manuel is better than Taylor. Edited by metzelaars_lives

You are close, but not really.

I think Tannehill is better than EJ, but EJ is better than Taylor.

Secondly, if you're trying to tell me that Taylor had a better 2015 (or career, for that matter) than Fitzpatrick, you are delusional.

Lastly, I don't intimate - I tell it like I see it. I did not, nor would I, say that the Jets ended up with the better record because of QB play. They had the better team. They had better coaches, QB and most importantly - defense. Defense is a huge reason the Bills went 8-8, just like it was a huge reason the Jets went 10-6.

So as much as you enjoy trying to make me out to be that guy who just hates Tyrod and blames everything bad on Tyrod ... I'm not. It's a team game and the Bills team sucked last year. The Jets were better.

End.

Yet the Bills beat the Jets both times

Yeah. That's what we're discussing here. Guess you think Trump's a winner too. :rolleyes:

it isn't? you'll have to excuse me because your point of "His career record as a starting QB is what? Yeah...winner. :lol:" after i stated fitz wins this against the Jets and is dancing?

you talking about fitz's past accomplishments was not what we were discussing, was it princess? no, we were discussing Fitz's circumstances with the current Jets situation calling his shot. fitz called his shot, knows his worth and has no craps given if he goes back to the jets or not. and with whom the jets have to play a qb at this point and likely what is likely to happen by the start of the season: fitz wins.

cute of you to bring up Trump, too. should be omitted, as this is football not politics. cb26...not winner.

Fitz lost some leverage too with Den drafting Lynch and coming out publically saying Sanchez will start for them.

fitz had next to no leverage with a vast majority of teams at this juncture, immediately before the draft or for the next few weeks.

in a month he'll have leverage. a qb will go down somewhere in the league. a backup will get hurt at some point by mid mini camp. at that point fitz is the first called.

Edited by Boyst62

it isn't? you'll have to excuse me because your point of "His career record as a starting QB is what? Yeah...winner. :lol:" after i stated fitz wins this against the Jets and is dancing?

you talking about fitz's past accomplishments was not what we were discussing, was it princess? no, we were discussing Fitz's circumstances with the current Jets situation calling his shot. fitz called his shot, knows his worth and has no craps given if he goes back to the jets or not. and with whom the jets have to play a qb at this point and likely what is likely to happen by the start of the season: fitz wins.

cute of you to bring up Trump, too. should be omitted, as this is football not politics. cb26...not winner.

fitz had next to no leverage with a vast majority of teams at this juncture, immediately before the draft or for the next few weeks.

in a month he'll have leverage. a qb will go down somewhere in the league. a backup will get hurt at some point by mid mini camp. at that point fitz is the first called.

The discussion I was having was not with you and you are simply not worth responding to. Have a great night.

The discussion I was having was not with you and you are simply not worth responding to. Have a great night.

i am sorry you feel that way. i was trying to discuss original content based upon a topic openly discussed. sorry i embarrassed you.

either way, politics has no place in this forum.

I'm crazy but I think EJ and Taylor are pretty comparable as passers. Taylor is much smarter at protecting the ball and running however.

Taylor was great at protecting the ball. Manuel was terrible

Indeed. The Jacksonville game alone was an epic meltdown.

is there a chance he went in to that game unprepared and not ready?

not saying this is blame rex situation, but what is the chance that the coaching staff and the playbook had no idea with how to use manuel properply?

is there a chance he went in to that game unprepared and not ready?

not saying this is blame rex situation, but what is the chance that the coaching staff and the playbook had no idea with how to use manuel properply?

Next to zero. Manuel doesn't know how to use Manuel properly.

I give EJ more credit for shaking it off and mounting the comeback. That throw to Easley was a thing of beauty. But of course, we all know EJ sucks and has no ability at all.

"A quarterback's greatest asset is leadership." -- Roger Staubach
Bills Coaches since Wade:
Rex Ryan .500 Perry Fewell .428 Chan Gailey .333
Doug Marrone .469 Dick Jauron .421
Mike Mularkey .438 Gregg Williams .354

Now that is interesting, unlike this thread

Re EJ and TT, I think TT is what EJ could have been in many ways if we handled EJ properly.

TT went to a team with an experienced staff, respectable offensive coordinator, and an entrenched probowl starter in front of him.

EJ went to a team in flux, coaches with almost no experience, no QB coach, and a QB in front of him that ended his career in the preseason.

These sorts of 'development' talents very much depend on the actual development by NFL coaches and players. Most QBs fall into this territory, there's very few QBs that come out of the draft that would be good no matter where they go. We screwed up EJ's development big time, and got lucky to pick up a QB developed by another team.