Fitz calls his shot -Update Signed w/Jets

I give EJ more credit for shaking it off and mounting the comeback. That throw to Easley was a thing of beauty. But of course, we all know EJ sucks and has no ability at all.

Also we should not forget that the dense sucked in the 4th quarter when EJ did give the Bills the lead.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was better last year, the Denver Broncos or the Indianapolis Colts?

This was a bad example when Beerball used it and it still is now. The Colts and Broncos aren't in the same division and only played once. Any team can get lucky in the NFL once, but beating a team twice -- especially a divisional opponent who knows you well -- is much more difficult and is a lot less flukey.

This was a bad example when Beerball used it and it still is now. The Colts and Broncos aren't in the same division and only played once. Any team can get lucky in the NFL once, but beating a team twice -- especially a divisional opponent who knows you well -- is much more difficult and is a lot less flukey.

Does this mean the Pats and Jets were just as good as each other then?

Rams are better than the Seahawks?

Edited by FireChan

It's lost a lot of leverage this weekend (trying to bring the conversation back to the original post). If the Jets are smart, they acquiesce a little and offer $10 mil, Fitz balls, and then they settle at $11 mil two year deal, with $12 mil guaranteed. That is very fair, and both feel they won.

That puts the Jets on the hook for at most one year with an option to take the second if Fitz performs.

Is this a for real post? You're too football smart to make a comment like this.

Very real. While Hack won't be ready as a starting QB in 2016, it appears from the reporting that the Jets are no longer willing to offer him a multi-year deal as they think he's nothing more than a bridge to the future beginning in 2017.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

You really are trying to piss me off today, aren't you?

Very real. While Hack won't be ready as a starting QB in 2016, it appears form the reporting that the Jets are no longer willing to offer him a multi-year deal as they think he's nothing more than a bridge to the future beginning in 2017.

The jets are, at this time, !@#$ed. I like that. The jets will be much less !@#$ed if Fitz signs there. Your extreme dislike for the player (one who I was very happy to see leave these parts) is clouding your football judgement. All you want is to say "nana nana poopoo I was right, Fitz sucks."

Sorry, don't get it.

You really are trying to piss me off today, aren't you?

The jets are, at this time, !@#$ed. I like that. The jets will be much less !@#$ed if Fitz signs there. Your extreme dislike for the player (one who I was very happy to see leave these parts) is clouding your football judgement. All you want is to say "nana nana poopoo I was right, Fitz sucks."

Sorry, don't get it.

Number 1 thing is I do not dislike Fitz at all. While a fantastic guy, he's a mediocre QB who cannot lead a team to the playoffs. The Jets are better off with him vs. any other alternative they have for this season, but it's clear to them as it should be to anyone else that he is not the long term answer. Not sure why that is so hard to get.

Very real. While Hack won't be ready as a starting QB in 2016, it appears from the reporting that the Jets are no longer willing to offer him a multi-year deal as they think he's nothing more than a bridge to the future beginning in 2017.

Yup. The Jets' drafting of Hack was the equivalent of Buddy's prank phone call -- it has now soured the water and let Fitz know he's not anyone's long term answer.

Number 1 thing is I do not dislike Fitz at all. While a fantastic guy, he's a mediocre QB who cannot lead a team to the playoffs. The Jets are better off with him vs. any other alternative they have for this season, but it's clear to them as it should be to anyone else that he is not the long term answer. Not sure why that is so hard to get.

I'd wager the next 2 seasons at the very least. Unless Petty has something that only the jets know about they are stuck with a very good HC and no QB.

We on the other hand...

I'd wager the next 2 seasons at the very least. Unless Petty has something that only the jets know about they are stuck with a very good HC and no QB.

We on the other hand...

You might be right as I can understand why people would doubt the viability of Hack ever being an NFL caliber starter. Geno doesn't look like the answer and Petty is lightyears away. We'll see.

OTOH, I like Tyrod's chances over anyone that they have under consideration as a long term solution to their QB futility. We can only wait to see what unfolds.

Yup. The Jets' drafting of Hack was the equivalent of Buddy's prank phone call -- it has now soured the water and let Fitz know he's not anyone's long term answer.

Exactly my point. :thumbsup:

We on the other hand...

Do we really already know Bowles is a "very good" HC?

Serious question, because, you know, Rex's first two seasons...

Edited by eball

You might be right as I can understand why people would doubt the viability of Hack ever being an NFL caliber starter. Geno doesn't look like the answer and Petty is lightyears away. We'll see.

I'm not in a position to doubt Hackenberg's long term viability, but, I do doubt that he's ready next year. I'd venture year 3 if at all.

Do we really already know Bowles is a "very good" HC?

Serious question, because, you know, Rex's first two seasons...

I believe he is.

I also know that I'm probably too rough on Rex. He just has so many warts.

This. The Jets didn't take Hack in the 2nd to be a backup long-term and Fitz is likely looking for more money and years than they will want to spend. They probably also realize that they got a career year out of him which is unlikely to be duplicated. What's more, they'll need to create a lot of cap room just to accommodate him (see below) even for a doubling of his salary, at the years they would want (2). He lost a ton of leverage and his options are to take what they're offering, not that they probably can offer much (see below), wait for a starter to go down, or retire. It will be interesting to see which he chooses but the middle one is most likely.

Jets are over the cap by $2M if draft pool is counted

Hoyer signed with Bears

To re-sign Fitz they need a lot more cap room

With the draft deep at DL , looks like no one would trade for Wilkerson

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/

The Jets are in a bind here. Their only options are to cut him, which would be dumb since he's their best defensive player or extend him, but that will take beaucoup dollars. Meaning they still have a ton of cap room if they want to add Fitz. They'll have to go with who they have.