77 members have voted

1. 1. What style do you prefer?

• Drum
    • Flat
  2. 2. How do you prefer your wings?

• Saucy
    • Crispy
    • Both - for Mrags
  3. 3. If you have leftover wings, how do you eat them?

• Cold, stright from the fridge
    • Re-heat them in an over/toaster oven
    • Leftover wings? What kind of sick man are you?!

I'm guessing you're a Duffs guy because saucy and crispy are mutually exclusive in the poll. I fail to understand some people think wings can't be both, adequately sauced and maintain crispy skin. If you cook and sauce them properly, they should meet both criteria.

I'm guessing you're a Duffs guy because saucy and crispy are mutually exclusive in the poll. I fail to understand some people think wings can't be both, adequately sauced and maintain crispy skin. If you cook and sauce them properly, they should meet both criteria.

Yes

That's why I go to Elmo's

I must have my wings crispy, and the only way I enjoy them any more is with the hot sauce on the side.

I agree. I refuse to answer this poll until there is a saucy and crispy option. You can absolutely have both. And should.

Edited by mrags

I agree. I refuse to answer this poll until there is a saucy and crispy option. You can absolutely have both. And should.

Updated for you

I'm an out of state guy. I take what i can get. :cry:

Jauronimo2016

Make wings great again!

So glad to see that Drums are winning the debate

They're just easier to eat and often more meat. Plus you don't get that look from other people at the bar like you're crazy when you put the whole flat in your mouth, bite it at the end, and pull it back out of your mouth ripping all the meat off in one bite in the process. Prudes.

They're just easier to eat and often more meat. Plus you don't get that look from other people at the bar like you're crazy when you put the whole flat in your mouth, bite it at the end, and pull it back out of your mouth ripping all the meat off in one bite in the process. Prudes.

That's how I used to eat flats, until I got a bone sliver in my tongue once. Never again.

Exactly. The key is to make the sauce GOOD ENOUGH so the wings don't need to be tossed in a bath of it.

Yes. Then snap that B word open like it's an Olsen twin and get the rest of the meat you might have missed.

I must have my wings crispy, and the only way I enjoy them any more is with the hot sauce on the side.

Came here for this and was not disappointed.

If offered, I pay the extra $1-2 to get all flats.

This....

And as stated before so many places outside of WNY get it so horribly wrong with rubbery soggy-assed wings or they sauce 'em and then flash fry 'em again leaving the wing dry and salty tasting. Rubbish.

Me too. I didn't eat wings super often back home because its supposedly bad for you but since I've moved I crave them a lot more and its a recipe for disappointment.

It's also, however, the absolute easiest thing to make at home. You essentially need six ingredients: wings, oil, butter, Franks, vinegar, and a little pickle juice.

It's also, however, the absolute easiest thing to make at home. You essentially need six ingredients: wings, oil, butter, Franks, vinegar, and a little pickle juice.

Ive heard making things with Pickle juice, i don't know for example, fried noodles, can take hours.

It is easy, however, I don't like having my whole apartment smell like deep fryer for weeks.

It is easy, however, I don't like having my whole apartment smell like deep fryer for weeks.

That's what a garage is for.

Edit:

Errrr...do you have a balcony?

Pickle juice in wing sauce is the equivalent of Donald Trump ordering a steak well done.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

There's your problem. I used to use a deep fryer but ultimately had to move it outside because it stunk up the house.

Screw that. Cast iron skillet...oil...medium heat...splatter screen...bunch of beers...none of the deep fryer smell...all of the crispy goodness.

Pickle juice in wing sauce is the equivalent of Donald Trump ordering a steak well done.

SAD!!

There's your problem. I used to use a deep fryer but ultimately had to move it outside because it stunk up the house.

Screw that. Cast iron skillet...oil...medium heat...splatter screen...bunch of beers...none of the deep fryer smell...all of the crispy goodness.

SAD!!

You shallow fry inside and it doesn't stink up your house?

You shallow fry inside and it doesn't stink up your house?

A little bit, but nothing like the deep fryer, in part because I never use the same oil twice. I think my problem with the deep fryer was the idea of re-using the oil, even if you strained it.

With comments like that, skip NC as a destination or you'll violate the bathroom laws.

Man card status: Revoked.

Legs and wings are at KFC and Popeyes.

Drums and flats are at wing places.

Drums and flats are the two wing pieces. I never heard them called that until recently. My cousin ordered all of one (flats) at Duffs and I was stunned that such sacrilege could take place. I like them both.

With comments like that, skip NC as a destination or you'll violate the bathroom laws.

Drums and flats are the two wing pieces. I never heard them called that until recently. My cousin ordered all of one (flats) at Duffs and I was stunned that such sacrilege could take place. I like them both.

so the drum must be the upper part of the wing?

It's from the John Kasich school of culinary enjoyment. They eat wings with a knife and fork. :ph34r:

It's France, it's probably a delicacy there, like frogs legs and snails.

Love snails though I haven't had them since I was a kid. My Sicilian grandmother, a little woman who was a giant, used to make snails in a light tomato based sauce. I can still taste them to this day in my mind. We used to get them live at the market & they were imported. There came a time when you could no longer get them live, Import restrictions I think & I've never had them since. :cry:

Still vividly remember the one time she had a minor mishap. She used to put the snails in a large pot filled 1/2 with water and let them cleanse overnight. This one time she forgot to put the lid on the pot. I remember walking into her kitchen the next day and snails were everywhere, on the floor, on the walls, on the ceiling... :lol:

Still vividly remember the one time she had a minor mishap. She used to put the snails in a large pot filled 1/2 with water and let them cleanse overnight. This one time she forgot to put the lid on the pot. I remember walking into her kitchen the next day and snails were everywhere, on the floor, on the walls, on the ceiling... :lol:

Edited for accuracy and truthery:

"This one time, because I was an ornery little $#%* I took the lid off the pot after she went to bed."