Kevin Hogan

Agreed....this is not THAT far fetched.

They lost WR's in the offseason and might target Treadwell...

We need a QB to cultivate for the future

You could trade down and target a guy like Butler DT/DE int he first....go Sua Cravens in the second.....and have picked up a QB without drafting one to be the number 3 in 2016 then number 2 in 2017.

I would rather have AJ McCarron than Hogan, Hackenberg, Prescott, or Cook. If Cincy comes calling for #19 then see if they are willing to make the trade.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he was recruited to Sanford when Roman/Harbaugh were there so it makes sense to connect them. Yet if we take him the 3rd is a bit early he might be there with our second 4th Rounder which be a better spot. I could also see us taking a chance on Hackenberg because of his PSU ties and Polian once talked about us maybe going after him too early in the draft.

I'm hoping the psu ties aren't the ones I think you are referencing

I actually dont mind Dac Prescott.....but my question is.....are we looking for a starter?

We are probably about to pay TT 20 million a year.......why would we be looking for a starter? We need someone that can come in and win maybe 3 games a year.

Even if TT is reasonable about contract demands he could injured with his style of playing and this could ruin his ability to be an effective starting QB. There is also no guarantee he will progress in his game at $20 million per he needs to be complete QB. Drafting a backup while backup is paid less money is reasonable and smart decision.

His throwing motion is terrible. For me this is a guy you take a flyer on late late in the draft. For every Philip Rivers there is going to be a ton of busts. Issues with throwing mechanics and not a very strong arm gives me concern for a guy like this in Buffalo.

1) stop judging college Qbs on wins. Most draft able Qbs win in college. It's a stupid point.

2) he was essentially Trent Dilfer his first 3 years of college. Stanford is set up so the qb won't cost them the game. They are an excellent program that is loaded with talent. David Shaw is the top NFL prospect on that team.

3) if you are drafting a qb in the 4th or later, you should go with potential. IMO, Hogan has completely hit his ceiling. I could never see him winning a game in the NFL with his arm.

He's a smart and tough kid but he is completely maximized right now. There is no upside. He is what he is. A solid college qb who played in a great system with good talent and a superstar player. His ceiling in the NFL is backup qb at best. Obviously, JMO and he seems like a good dude.

Usually the most NFL ready QB is not even close to being ready so still good to draft one. I'd love to get a really nice prospect in the 3rd and let him truly develop over a couple of years. It can't hurt and we are not that devoid of talent. We have enough talent on this team to start acting like a winning team and a QB every couple of years until we get the guy is the right move. I didn't say every year but every 2-3 years is not a mistake. At worst someone else covets them and you get draft picks a couple years down the road like NE and GB have done for over 15 years.

I don't think anyone has been interested in any of our drafted QBs, few as they may be, since Kelly.

Although I do agree, we should be drafting our back up and hoping for a better outcome.

I'm hoping the psu ties aren't the ones I think you are referencing

I was referencing Pegula, as remember hearing/reading Polian told the Pegulas not to reach for Hackenberg in Round 1 this year.

I would rather have AJ McCarron than Hogan, Hackenberg, Prescott, or Cook. If Cincy comes calling for #19 then see if they are willing to make the trade.

Of all those you listedn I like Cook the best for #19 but honestly none of them are worth that pick. I say take Cook in Round 2 or take a flier on a guy they like most with our second 4th Round pick and then sign a UDFA like Chuckie Keeton.

1) stop judging college Qbs on wins. Most draft able Qbs win in college. It's a stupid point.

2) he was essentially Trent Dilfer his first 3 years of college. Stanford is set up so the qb won't cost them the game. They are an excellent program that is loaded with talent. David Shaw is the top NFL prospect on that team.

3) if you are drafting a qb in the 4th or later, you should go with potential. IMO, Hogan has completely hit his ceiling. I could never see him winning a game in the NFL with his arm.

He's a smart and tough kid but he is completely maximized right now. There is no upside. He is what he is. A solid college qb who played in a great system with good talent and a superstar player. His ceiling in the NFL is backup qb at best. Obviously, JMO and he seems like a good dude.

Potential is a dangerous word in the NFL especially with regard to QB as learned this after watching RJ/Edwards and EJ. All guys I liked but eventually all failed.

Edited by The Jokeman

I actually dont mind Dac Prescott.....but my question is.....are we looking for a starter?

We are probably about to pay TT 20 million a year.......why would we be looking for a starter? We need someone that can come in and win maybe 3 games a year.

+1

SEA has zero championships an no S-bowl rings if they wait for RW to develop behind Matt Flynn... WAS doesn't make the playoffs last season if Shanny doesn't double down on QB's in '12... The lesson? -If you havent got a franchise guy, you should ALWAYs be looking for a QB... That is, if you're serious about rings... There should be absolutely no question whether of not your QB can get you to the playoffs... If there is, his potential replacement should be on your bench.

The offense wasn't the problem last year, the defense was. Tyrod did enough to win us games and the D did enough to blow those games

+1

The offense wasn't the problem last year, the defense was. Tyrod did enough to win us games and the D did enough to blow those games

well.. i would not go that far. But he is far better than what we have fielded in awhile : )

well.. i would not go that far. But he is far better than what we have fielded in awhile : )

Yeah, and I have to think Tyrod would look even better with a better 2nd option to Watkins.

It's hard to tell what the defense can be. Is Ryan going to transform it with new guys?....Will it be more of the same, but with different players?....Does Ryan suck, and will only have a good defense if it's loaded with exceptional players (which will take a few seasons to accrue)?

The offense is ahead of the defense, and I would prefer to develop the offense, and give Tyrod more to work with. Of course, that won't be what happens, because Ryan's career depends on his defense being the strength of the team.

Yeah, and I have to think Tyrod would look even better with a better 2nd option to Watkins.

It's hard to tell what the defense can be. Is Ryan going to transform it with new guys?....Will it be more of the same, but with different players?....Does Ryan suck, and will only have a good defense if it's loaded with exceptional players (which will take a few seasons to accrue)?

The offense is ahead of the defense, and I would prefer to develop the offense, and give Tyrod more to work with. Of course, that won't be what happens, because Ryan's career depends on his defense being the strength of the team.

I am not sure we can pre conclude. Roman seems to be running the offense. Will/ can he open up the Game for Tyrod?

I think so. Spread the ball around a bit better and the rest will come.

The defense? well i will just wait and see. Because that argument has been rehashed a bazillion times

Charles Clay should've been option #2, but Tyrod had problems locating/hitting him in the middle of field.

Charles Clay should've been option #2, but Tyrod had problems locating/hitting him in the middle of field.

I guess he's not the right #2 then, huh?

Some guys will better suit Tyrod's strength's than other's.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I've been keeping an eye on Hogan throughout his collegiate career and I truly believe he projects to be successful at the next level. I think he has the skill set, the desire, and the attitude necessary to make it. I am concerned that he has played in the spread, but I think he projects to sell more Kias than anyone in the 2016 draft.