Kevin Hogan

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still rather have Hogan than Jones as the #3 guy, especially after watching the final preseason game.

Not even close for me. Hogan's ceiling is a career back up QB. While Cardale Jones has starting QB potential that has to be patiently developed. IMO of course.

Kinda surprised by Rudock. He looked good against us. However, I admit that's the only preseason game I saw of his.

Sammy Seamster made him look better than he is.

Jay Cutler has a very high douche factor but he has had a lot of good productivity. I'd take that type of production from Cook any day of the week

A friend who's a Bears fan says Cutler looks good between the 20s but when he gets in the red zone he makes dumb decisions.

Lots success for Cook... a Hoyer / Fitz esque career for Hogan.

I watch most of the Stanford games and I thought Hogan was a good college QB and leader. He was a game manager with good accuracy who didn't make many mistakes and could hit some long plays but he never wowed me to think he would be a good NFL QB. I felt the same way about Trent Edwards.

I'll admit, I fell hook, line and sinker for Barkley. Watched his USC tape back last summer, would still draft him.

Analysing Quarterbacks in 2013 was tough. We knew the Bills were going to take one and it was clear pretty early that there was no obvious franchise guy there. I ruled out Geno early (terrible decision maker) and I felt Barkley lacked the arm and the toughness to play in the NFL and was benefitting from USC buzz. Once you discounted those two it was a case of trying to talk yourself into somebody.

Some talked themselves into Nassib, some talked themselves into Glennon, Buffalo Barbarian talked himself into Landry Jones and I.... along with OBD talked myself into EJ Manuel. I knew the first round was a reach for him but he was the one of the group I felt had the best shot to be something.

It was just a terrible year to need a QB.

I'll admit, I fell hook, line and sinker for Barkley. Watched his USC tape back last summer, would still draft him.

Really? you have a penchant for small weak armed QBs B-)

Kinda surprised by Rudock. He looked good against us. However, I admit that's the only preseason game I saw of his.

I'd take Ruddock, wasn't to bad for Michigan last year.

Analysing Quarterbacks in 2013 was tough. We knew the Bills were going to take one and it was clear pretty early that there was no obvious franchise guy there. I ruled out Geno early (terrible decision maker) and I felt Barkley lacked the arm and the toughness to play in the NFL and was benefitting from USC buzz. Once you discounted those two it was a case of trying to talk yourself into somebody.

Some talked themselves into Nassib, some talked themselves into Glennon, Buffalo Barbarian talked himself into Landry Jones and I.... along with OBD talked myself into EJ Manuel. I knew the first round was a reach for him but he was the one of the group I felt had the best shot to be something.

It was just a terrible year to need a QB.

Oh No, I started a thread where I disowned all QBs that yr and am on record as saying we shouldn't pick any that yr (but did try to stick with Landry before that, was also on record as saying I DID NOT WANT FRIGGIN EJ!!! AND SOON HE WILL BE GONE :devil::devil::devil: )