No progress toward TT extension per Carucci; agent unhappy

Interesting coming from Chenelly. Has anyone figured out his exact relationship with the Pegulas/Bills?

If Cassel can fetch a 5th, then Manuel is at least worth 4 boxes of popcorn and a goalpost pad.

can't confirm but based on the content of Chenelly's tweets regarding the bills in the past he has a source somewhere in the FO and it seems to be in the contract negotiations/Overdorf camp. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't confirm but based on the content of Chenelly's tweets regarding the bills in the past he has a source somewhere in the FO and it seems to be in the contract negotiations/Overdorf camp.

Yeah, its a pretty good mystery. Seems like he worked as a lobbyist. I wonder if there was an old business relationship there with the Pegulas.

Interesting coming from Chenelly. Has anyone figured out his exact relationship with the Pegulas/Bills?

It's not good, after they didn't throw $18M/year at his client for just 14 starts. :rolleyes:

It's not good, after they didn't throw $18M/year at his client for just 14 starts. :rolleyes:

Since Osweiler got $18m per year for 7 starts, I guess Tyrod should have been offered $36m per year for 14 starts in agent logic.

Should have locked him up after last season. Would have gotten a much more reasonable price. He is going to improve and perform well this season. If he is anywhere close to what he did last season (doesn't even have to be as good), some team will give him a big contract, because that's how QB starved the league is.

If Whaley hadn't botched salary cap management, it would be an obvious decision to work out some sort of extension this season.

What did he "botch"?

All I ever hear from people that criticize his cap management is "no cap space", but what's the actual mistake that you're bothered by?

If Whaley hadn't botched salary cap management, it would be an obvious decision to work out some sort of extension this season.

a long term deal this season with TT is still possible.

first the Bills need to sign long term deals with Glenn & Gilmore which could result in significant Cap relief for 2016 (like $4-5 mil each).

secondly, the bills currently have about $7.5 mil of available Cap space, but half of that will go towards signing rookies (it's only half because as rookies are added, there is savings from guys at the bootom of the Top 53 who then drop off) .

So theoretically, the Bills could have $10 mil available in 2016 Cap space for TT.

a long term deal this season with TT is still possible.

first the Bills need to sign long term deals with Glenn & Gilmore which could result in significant Cap relief for 2016 (like $4-5 mil each).

secondly, the bills currently have about $7.5 mil of available Cap space, but half of that will go towards signing rookies (it's only half because as rookies are added, there is savings from guys at the bootom of the Top 53 who then drop off) .

So theoretically, the Bills could have $10 mil available in 2016 Cap space for TT.

Gilmore/Glenn deals will probably only create $4M-$5M total, not each.

That being the case, if they signed no one else prior to the start of the season, they'd have about $7M to try to fit Taylor's extension under the cap.

He's going to have to wait; that's just the way it is right now.

Gilmore/Glenn deals will probably only create $4M-$5M total, not each.

That being the case, if they signed no one else prior to the start of the season, they'd have about $7M to try to fit Taylor's extension under the cap.

He's going to have to wait; that's just the way it is right now.

Yup. And waiting is the right move anyway. I hope TT earns that big deal, but if I am Whaley there's no way I'd give him the deal he wants until/unless he earns it. If TT regresses - or even fails to progress - this season, then the people calling for a big extension will be singing Whaley's praises for avoiding what would have been an incredibly damaging contract.

@jchenelly

Unfortunately, Tyrod Taylor's agent, Adisa Bakari, is notorious for causing rifts between his clients & their NFL teams. #BillsMafia #Bills

Not much criticism of Adisa Bakari in the media because he's a quote machine & leaks info, but he's a problem. #BillsMafia #Bills

everything I have read about Bakari says we are in for a problem. I could see us signing tyrod to a deal tomorrow and he throws for 300 yards and 2 tds in week one and his agent will be calling for a new contract before week 2.

can't confirm but based on the content of Chenelly's tweets regarding the bills in the past he has a source somewhere in the FO and it seems to be in the contract negotiations/Overdorf camp.

i agree that it seems front office and directly tied to overdorf or someone close to his office. The content of the tweets seems detailed and up to date enough that it almost certainly is someone in the room for negotiations (and less likely pegula) but thats just a gut reaction to the random tweets ive seen.