No progress toward TT extension per Carucci; agent unhappy

@viccarucci

Tyrod Taylor's agent isn't happy w #Bills' stance of not giving his client a contract extension before the 2016 season. Con't.

Adisa Bakari, TT's rep: "Its the Bills prerogative to do what they want to do as it relates to Tyrod Taylor or any other Bills player ...

More Bakari: Fortunately, there are 31 other teams that have watched and will be watching Tyrod

More Bakari: "And the fact of the matter is what Tyrod was able to do as a 1st-time starter in '15 ...

More Bakari: "...was give the Bills the best quarterback play theyve had since Jim Kelly."

More Bakari on Tyrod Taylor: "If that isnt enough to warrant an extension, I dont know what will be.

*i think I somehow deleted the entire thread that started this morning.... Ugh... Any way to recover it, mods?

Here is the link to Carucci's original article from earlier. Just missing all the good posts that came after.

Looks like Tyrod Taylor will play under final yr of contract in '16 as #Bills focus elsewhere for long-term deals: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/03/21/bills-taylor-make-little-progress-on-contract-extension/

Woah woah woah... Since Kelly? Bledsoe or Flutie would have been a fine place to start, but he went all in right up front...

Wonder what his position is... Top 10 NFL QB money with boatloads guaranteed?

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah woah woah... Since Kelly? Bledsoe or Flutie would have been a fine place to start, but he went all in right up front...

Wonder what his position is... Top 10 NFL QB money with boatloads guaranteed?

carucci said that the agent proposed something in January ... I need to know what it was. Come on Vic, get the real scoop.

There is money for an extension, he already has a deal this year. Just add on new years and money. Taylor want's that guaranteed money and a fat signing bonus.

More like his agent wants it.

I can see why Whaley and the Bills would want to wait awhile to see how TT performs this season simply because he has not elevated himself into an elite QB just yet. The system he was in allowed him to develop, grow and get better as he went because of the run-centric offense Roman ran. When it came time to throw more than run, then TT didn't fare so well.

It makes no sense to give the kid a Cousins or Osweiler type contract simply because he might just end up looking like a Kaepernick, RG3, Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith after this year should the Bills want him to start throwing like an elite QB.

ok but we have virtually no money for any kind of increase this year (and we would want TT to take more up front money to keep his cap low?

I would have a LOT of respect if TT would just come out and say...."my time will come at the table"

You could easily structure an extension so it doesn't increase his cap hit this year. Tyrod would get a lot more money in 2016 because of his signing bonus.

Tyrod doesnt need to say anything, just show up and play.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Bakari: Fortunately, there are 31 other teams that have watched and will be watching Tyrod

My Response: Which ones starting next year are/could pay him. I think like maybe 10 without thinking, so its not 31 other teams

More Bakari on Tyrod Taylor: "If that isnt enough to warrant an extension, I dont know what will be.

My Response: Get us to the playoffs and dont be 0-5 when throwing over 30 times. Even EJ has a better win percentage than that when throwing more than 30 times.

This.

@viccarucci

Tyrod Taylor's agent isn't happy w #Bills' stance of not giving his client a contract extension before the 2016 season. Con't.

Adisa Bakari, TT's rep: "Its the Bills prerogative to do what they want to do as it relates to Tyrod Taylor or any other Bills player ...

More Bakari: Fortunately, there are 31 other teams that have watched and will be watching Tyrod

More Bakari: "And the fact of the matter is what Tyrod was able to do as a 1st-time starter in '15 ...

More Bakari: "...was give the Bills the best quarterback play theyve had since Jim Kelly."

*i think I somehow deleted the entire thread that started this morning.... Ugh... Any way to recover it, mods?

Here is the link to Carucci's original article from earlier. Just missing all the good posts that came after.

Looks like Tyrod Taylor will play under final yr of contract in '16 as #Bills focus elsewhere for long-term deals: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/03/21/bills-taylor-make-little-progress-on-contract-extension/

His agent needs to get his head out of his greedy a$$ and realize we don't have the money to extend s*** right now. If his client keeps it up then he will get his portion next offseason. F*****r

yep. yawn. nothing to see here, except some negotiating through twitter which probably wont have the effect he's hoping for.

Just embarrassing himself and it's so obvious that's not TT's personality.- so it's not like he's "representing" his feelings.

Tyrod, keep dreaming. Do you think you are really that good? You are not even that young and you are a little guy that get hurt all the time. You are lucky to be a back up. I don't even think you are capable of starting 16 games next year. You got something to say?

I know that a agent needs to do their job......but in all seriousness.....can this agent add? THERE IS NO MONEY TO DO THIS AT THE PRESENT TIME

That agent doesn't care a whit about your favorite team.

He wants to get his client paid and is trying to create leverage.