Does anyone feel like the roster can be better this year?

Virgil

The roster won't change much. The hope for improvement comes for the offense being in its second year under Roman and keeping all the personnel intact. If we are going to improve upon 8-8 that unit will need to be more consistent including Roman himself.

On the defensive side of the ball we have to cross our fingers for a few impact players in the draft and for the returning players to take strides in the second year of what is apparently the most complex scheme known to man.

It's a hard sell coming off of the coaching efforts last year but heck it's only March and I'm not accepting reality until at least October.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair. I'm in stage 1 of the offseason, DOOOOMMMED on Day 1 of Free Agency

Stage 2 - Who the hell did we just draft?!?

Stage 3 - The Bills did something in Training Camp - Superbowl!!!!

Stage 4 - Preseason game 3 - DOOOOMMED

Stage 5 - 2-1 to start the season. "Where should I get my hotel room for the playoffs?"

Stage 6 - What should I do in December with my Sunday's

God damn BBFS

Stage 5 - 2-1 to start the season. "Where should I get my hotel room for the playoffs?"

God damn BBFS

:lol:

so far.....not better

LOST : mario unmotivated...unhappy....Alex Carrington picked up off the street and gave the same production with these coaches, mckelvin Hurt most the year and moved to safety when he did come back, bradham might actually be missed, brooks hurt....unproductive...wont be missed........Charles we tendered a DT we were playing over him and this is a DL strong draft, powell I hope they do bring him back...I thought he was underrated, Rambo Aaron WIlliams coming back, percy we dont know if he is not coming back..., booby really?,

TREADING WATER: cordy, ritchie continuity

GAINED : (crickets) we did our free agent spending this past year?

Oh and....there is a draft coming up. We have a team with one of the highest "players under contract" in the league

Its total wait and see mode for me.

God damn BBFS

Haha. I can't disagree with this.

so far.....not better

LOST : mario, mckelvin, bradham, brooks........Charles, powell, Rambo, percy, booby,

TREADING WATER: cordy, ritchie

GAINED : (crickets)

Right. And can we finally agree that extending (not trading for him; signing him to the big extension) LeSean McCoy was a mistake? Lots of flexibility gone with just that one stupid move.

In 2017 or 2018 the team should improve dramatically when a true successful head coach is hired. of course a rebuild might be Needed. Funny how all the supposed talent and the usual offseason paper champ award only nets a 8-8 when bullets fly.

The Win now model of last season including the insane overpaying a running back. Will take awhile to recover from.

#fullypregnant

so far.....not better

LOST : mario, mckelvin, bradham, brooks........Charles, powell, Rambo, percy, booby,

Lost: a superstar who quit, a guy who missed eight games, a guy who missed four games, a guy who missed four games, a guy from Canada, a guy who missed the entire season, a backup, a guy who missed eight games, a third stringer

HOW ON EARTH WILL WE EVER REPLACE THOSE GUYS!?

FREE AGENCY BEGAN LESS THAN 12 HOURS AGO!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!

In 2017 or 2018 the team should improve dramatically when a true successful head coach is hired. of course a rebuild might be Needed. Funny how all the supposed talent and the usual offseason paper champ award only nets a 8-8 when bullets fly.

The Win now model of last season including the insane overpaying a running back. Will take awhile to recover from.

#fullypregnant

Right ... and by 2017 we get to either: (1) find a new QB when Tyrod regresses; or (2) pay Tyrod Brock Osweiler money (which we won't have) if he doesn't! Yeah, that win now thing didn't exactly work out, did it ...

On paper, I can't say that we're going to be better...

My hopes:

- Year two in two complicated systems, and the guys we have improve

- Get two to three immediate starters out of the draft

- Tom Brady has a career ending altercation with a wet mat

but see. Mario amdbmckelvin were part of the problem! Losing them is improving us!!!!

think your right. Maybe giving some young hungry guys a chance can make us better. The people that we're here and used to losing (Mario Mckelvin etc.) and even some who flat out gave up (Mario) are gone. let's see how it shakes out

Is last season's "win now" strategy turning into this season's "win last season" strategy?

"Win now" was all the rage around here for the 2014 offseason. We've moved past that and started chanting "continuity" since then.

so far.....not better

If this were fantasy football where you just add up the stats then you'd be right, but it's not.

Edited by vincec

so far.....not better

The 'lost' guys were for the most part later round draft picks OR guys signed late in FA, except Mario and McKelvin.

My point is while all were contributors on some level, that talent can be replaced and doesn't need to be replaced early in FA while teams our over paying.

It's up to Whaley and his guys to find the next Rambo's and Boobie's.

so far.....not better

LOST : mario, mckelvin, bradham, brooks........Charles, powell, Rambo :cry: , percy, booby,

TREADING WATER: cordy, ritchie---RG& RT ?

C'mon man, don't go bursting bubbles around here. It's that Buffalo Bills eternal optimism that says the Bills will be fine no matter what!

Meanwhile Miami and the NY Jets will suck and maybe Brady breaks a leg sometime between now and the season starting. :D

On paper, I can't say that we're going to be better...

My hopes:

- Year two in two complicated systems, and the guys we have improve

- Get two to three immediate starters out of the draft

- Tom Brady has a career ending altercation with a wet mat

Buffalo needs starters at DE, NT, LB, and perhaps S. They need depth at G, DL, LB, CB, S, and WR.

They have no cap money to work with and the normal complement of draft picks.

Unless magic pixie dust comes upon this team I fail to see how the roster will be better.

Buffalo needs starters at DE, NT, LB, and perhaps S. They need depth at G, DL, LB, CB, S, and WR.

They have no cap money to work with and the normal complement of draft picks.

Unless magic pixie dust comes upon this team I fail to see how the roster will be better.

Yup! They also have terrible depth at TE where their only competent starter has completed a full season once in 5 years.

As of right now I see this team below .500