Does anyone feel like the roster can be better this year?

Virgil

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Logic says this team has a 7 to 8 win roster/coaching staff.

Please prove me wrong Bills. Just once.

Scott is probably right but maybe - just maybe...

* Rex pulls his head out of his butt and shows us why some people label him a "defensive guru."

* Roman gets his system really going and Shady rushes for 1800 yards.

* TT - with the advantage of his 2015 experience - takes a big leap forward this year and establishes himself as a top-tier QB.

* Tom Brady suffers a season ending injury.

Without a few maybes and ifs, we're extending the steak.

think your right. Maybe giving some young hungry guys a chance can make us better. The people that we're here and used to losing (Mario Mckelvin etc.) and even some who flat out gave up (Mario) are gone. let's see how it shakes out

I was being sarcastic. Playing is on the players. The rest is on the coach. Players playing get left in. Players not performing get yabked.

I'd say we are going down from last year, unless our draft is our best ever. Too many holes.

One is good, two if you are lucky...bills need to hit on 4 players to play impact roles this year IMO to fill out the flaws on the current roster...it's not gonna happen.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

So is this your new crusade since your bowing out of the cap problem thread?

It is all connected.

The Bills are at this point BECAUSE of the cap problem. Because they are in cap hell this year they can't improve the team other than though the draft.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I think most of you guys are ready to jump off a cliff for no reason. I personally feel like the FA class sucked big time.

This season will basically come down to 2 things. Can the Defensive stop the run and can Tyrod take the next step. If the answer to that question is yes then the Bills may be able to make the playoffs next year and make some noise.

Edited by Protocal69

This is far too rational and seems to miss the required pessimism to be in this thread.

Where do you see us drafting the first three rounds or so?

I forgot who you write for. Where's your draft analysis stuff?

Everything I've written can be found here - http://buffalofambase.org/author/stephen-culley/

I think the draft has to go with the strength of the class. DL should be a priority. Whaley drafts for future need as much as current need, would be worth looking for a replacement for Kyle. Might be smart to double up on DL talent Day 1/2, If a WR or OT falls into place on the board, that would be tempting. Some stuff obviously depends on FA.

With Rambo possibly not coming back, safety might be another future need. Corey isn't getting any younger.

Do you see the crazy money being thrown around for average players yesterday?

Did you want to be a part of that?

Yeah, yesterday was terrifying. I'm actually glad we weren't apart of it and am not looking forward to next year.

I am curious why the extension with Glenn and Gilmore is taking so long though

Yeah, yesterday was terrifying. I'm actually glad we weren't apart of it and am not looking forward to next year.

Their agents may have wanted to see the FA market knowing how much money was going to be thrown around. Yesterday could have affected negotiations quite a bit for any players that were tagged or waiting on signing extensions. What are the Broncos going to pay Von Miller now?? Lol

Probably need to let the market settle a bit.

I also expect that the extensions for both won't become priority until they've made a move or two in FA.

They may be thinking (as I am) that Glenn/Gilmore extensions will be what gives them the cap room to sign draft picks, and that they can spend the $4.5M they have now on UFAs.