Does anyone feel like the roster can be better this year?

Virgil

Yeah, on paper we're not close to being better. But they don't play games on paper and there is a long time left in the offseason.

Of course at this time last year, I didn't see any possible way why our defense wouldnt be dominant again with Rex running it. Whoops!

On the field, I have a feeling that we might even be worse that what we seem on paper.

At least what we had previously, including the players we lost, was a some what fluffy schedule that should have at least gotten us to the playoffs.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No

Knoghton has a current value of $1.4M per according to Spptrac.

Brown is probably twice that

Math

They can't afford both right now even under your hypothetical.There is there is no extensions right now to manipulate the cap and teams are able to pick up any of these players. The most realistic situation is they land one player at best...but I doubt even that.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

They can't afford both right now even under your hypothetical.There is there is no extensions right now to manipulate the cap and teams are able to pick up any of these players. The most realistic situation is they land one player at best...but I doubt even that.

Yes

They can

They have $4.5M in cap room

Those two guys add up to less than that

Where is the confusion?

They'll need $5M to sign draft picks

That will come from extending Glenn and Gilmore

Where has anything you've predicted regarding the salary cap been proven accurate? You're 0 for the off season so far.

I'll stick with Bandit's understanding of the cap.

I was the one that predicted 3 months ago they wouldn't be able to improve the roster because of the cap. Now there is a 7 page thread on it. Please tell me how they improved and will continue to improve this roster without the draft.

Incorrect.

larrydavid.gif

Please tell me. How can they improve this team?

So it's your assumption that they won't?

No. It hasn't happened and we don't know how close that it is happening...and while it hasn't happened they have no cap space to sign these mid-tier free agents you speak of. These free agents can be scooped up at any second with the billion dollars that is available to give to these players.

I was the one that predicted 3 months ago they wouldn't be able to improve the roster because of the cap. Now there is a 7 page thread on it. Please tell me how they improved and will continue to improve this roster without the draft.

Jesus

They got their players LAST YEAR

WHy is it so friggen hard for you to understand that the GM is doing exactly what he said they were gonna do?

You gotta have your shiny new toys though right? You spoiled brat

Edited by John from Hemet

Please tell me. How can they improve this team?

No. It hasn't happened and we don't know how close that it is happening...and while it hasn't happened they have no cap space to sign these mid-tier free agents you speak up. These free agents can be scooped up at any second with the billion dollars that is availbe to give to these players.

They

Have

$4.5M

Now

Jesus

They got their players LAST YEAR

WHy is it so friggen hard for you to understand that the GM is doing exactly what he said they were gonna do?

You gotta have your shiny new toys though right? You spoiled brat

Whaley only started saying this when he realized this year he had no cap space.

Can you point me to any articles last year after free agency that in 2016 his plan was to only sign his own?

I think the defense will be better suited to work with the personnel along with the front office bringing in a couple of mid tier guys to help the defense out. The offense could get better through consistency of playing together and a QB having a full season under his belt.

Overall I think we will look at this years and last years rosters differently. Last year after all the splashes and counting on an All-World defense to return there was a lot of optimism about the overall strength of the roster. This year the team retained the talent it needed and can focus on trying to rebuild the foundation of the defense. So the view of the team will be much more narrow overall.

The only one they have resigned so far is Dareus on that list and Bradham is gone.

Keep moving those goalposts.

"Can you show me articles where Whaley said this"

"Yes here is one"

"Yea but they have only signed Dareus on that list"

Geez.