Does anyone feel like the roster can be better this year?

Virgil

LB is certainly the #1 priority.

Maybe

Maybe not

See that is why Whaley is GM and your not

Most people thought "Darby? but we have McKelvin" when we took our 1st pick in the SECOND round last year......it seemed to work out ok

You start thinking like "oh god....we need a linebacker bad" that is how you get Aaron Maybin

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe

Maybe not

Most people thought "Darby? but we have McKelvin" when we took our 1st pick in the SECOND round last year......it seemed to work out ok

You start thinking like "oh god....we need a linebacker bad" that is how you get Aaron Maybin

I mean yeah, but we had a player there. We don't have anyone at LB right now with potential and not even enough to really run a 3-4.

I mean yeah, but we had a player there. We don't have anyone at LB right now with potential and not even enough to really run a 3-4.

I thought Manny Lawson excelled at this defense and Preston Brown was playing out of position.

That is why the LB from the jets would make sense.....he played well in RR's defense and will come cheap because he had a down year

We will def take a LB in this draft

I am still a fan of Powell who I think might come back and fits this defense to me as well.

Maybe

Maybe not

Jeez...for someone that thinks BBF is so biased against the front office I WAS THE BIGGEST FAN AND DEFENDER OF Whaley for the DARBY SELECTION! Check the history.

The first key to a successful season is staying healthy. Second, the defense will have a much better understanding of the defense. Third, a solid draft. Number 4, Tyrod takes another step in the right direction. Look at last year's Panthers who went to the super bowl. They made no big splashes in free agency after going 6-10. Then there #1 WR Benjamin gets hurt for the season. Who would have thought that they could have had the season they did? I believe Buffalo can have that same kind of success. I'm thinking they will not be coming in this season like last year thinking they are a playoff team. This year they will focus, improve, and show it on the field.

Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas

Here we sit, having obviously Lost FA - unlike other years when we crushed it.

We're $78 Million OVER the cap right now - unlike other years when we could put that money into the bank and give ourselves a tax-free loan next year.

The FO didn't re-sign any players of significance - just like other years they've simply let an endless stream of valuable talent parade out the door.

They hired a new coaching staff again, for the second year in a row. So new schemes, confusing playbooks with a long learning curve, and disappointment await for sure.

Our featured running back is awaiting murder charges in Philadelphia.

We're not drafting in a top 10 spot this year - unlike the past 40 seasons, so we'll be getting zero help in the Draft.

And you ask if anyone feels like the roster can be better this year. Better than what?

Well thats kind of a bummer when you put it that way :wacko:

I feel a void at LBs personally. Especially in a Rex system.

I thought Manny Lawson excelled at this defense and Preston Brown was playing out of position.

That is why the LB from the jets would make sense.....he played well in RR's defense and will come cheap because he had a down year

We will def take a LB in this draft

I am still a fan of Powell who I think might come back and fits this defense to me as well.

Did Bills even tender him an offer?

at we do not know if he is much more than a ST player at this point.

Tarpley Riddick. we cannot even field a 3-4 honestly John.

Edited by 3rdand12

The first key to a successful season is staying healthy. Second, the defense will have a much better understanding of the defense. Third, a solid draft. Number 4, Tyrod takes another step in the right direction. Look at last year's Panthers who went to the super bowl. They made no big splashes in free agency after going 6-10. Then there #1 WR Benjamin gets hurt for the season. Who would have thought that they could have had the season they did? I believe Buffalo can have that same kind of success. I'm thinking they will not be coming in this season like last year thinking they are a playoff team. This year they will focus, improve, and show it on the field.

I really like this post !

Only missing a couple "starters" need to solidify some depth. not just add to it, upgrade its level. Chandler mentioned that it's unlikely that Bills see as many key injuries as last year. But i think it is wise to plan as best you are able to against the possibility

Manny Lawson has always seemed to be better when he is just a situational player I'm not crazy about the idea of penciling him into the base 3-4.

agreed . Love the guy, but..

Hell no! Just having Rex around is a step in the wrong direction. As other said, our losses so far are pretty big and we've made no gains. If Ed Reed becomes a good coach and the bumbling Ryan's can somehow make the Defense work we may struggle to get to 8-8, 9-7 tops. But this is not a playoff team unless we really make some moves.

We've had a startling number of starters and backups leaving. We have a total lack of depth on D, still need a right side of the OL. No FA acquisitions at all. We'd have to hit every draft pick to fill all the holes and have our dumpster dive players all contribute. Right now, we're in trouble.

We've had a startling number of starters and backups leaving. We have a total lack of depth on D, still need a right side of the OL. No FA acquisitions at all. We'd have to hit every draft pick to fill all the holes and have our dumpster dive players all contribute. Right now, we're in trouble.

Startling? Mario and Bradham leaving is startling? There have been no earth shattering departures from the team the way I see it and there is still plenty of time left in the offseason to acquire what they need via second tier free agency, the draft, and from UDFA.

Startling? Mario and Bradham leaving is startling? There have been no earth shattering departures from the team the way I see it and there is still plenty of time left in the offseason to acquire what they need via second tier free agency, the draft, and from UDFA.

Rex is going fully pregnant with his antiquated system so just naming players that have left is inaccurate. We have no 34 NTs on the roster, Dareus will be playing at a position that will be a question mark, the system does not fit Kyle, Brown has already been thrown under the bus, we needed a safety before the offseason ever started, Lawson is not a 3 down starter in any position....he is depth, last year's injury excuse was way overblown and we'll have injuries this year too. I'm sure I left stuff out.

In essence, with the exception of 2 quality corners, we are an expansion team on the defensive side because we trashed what had been built and even our more talented players are question marks in their new spots.

Rex is going fully pregnant with his antiquated system so just naming players that have left is inaccurate. We have no 34 NTs on the roster, Dareus will be playing at a position that will be a question mark, the system does not fit Kyle, Brown has already been thrown under the bus, we needed a safety before the offseason ever started, Lawson is not a 3 down starter in any position....he is depth, last year's injury excuse was way overblown and we'll have injuries this year too. I'm sure I left stuff out.

In essence, with the exception of 2 quality corners, we are an expansion team on the defensive side because we trashed what had been built and even our more talented players are question marks in their new spots.

8-8 is like really really bad huh ?