Mike Wallace anyone?/Signs w/ Balt.

Virgil

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly Roman and Rex have a hard on for guys who can only go deep. I can't imagine there being a huge market for him.

4-5 mil a year and just let him run verticals all day?

That's his game. Go deep. Go deep. Go deep. But if the Bills were going to pick up a WR that is a one trick pony, that'd be the trick they'd want the guy to have.

I'd much rather Wallace than Harvin

Or Goodwin as at least Wallace is a player on the field.

I'd rather have Morley Safer than Mike Wallace

Nah. Morley was a nice guy but pretty laid back. Wallace had edge that if you crossed it he was ALL over you. People used to turn away when they saw him approaching. When Morley approached it was more of a hey come on in and have a cup of coffee.

Wallace hasn't had a good year since Pittsburgh. He sucked in Miami, and Minnesota. Why would it be different here?

Wallace is a quality deep threat, but that's pretty much all you get with him. He was a terrible, terrible fit in Miami's WCO that relies almost solely on short and intermediate timing passes. Oh, and Tanny doesn't even have the arm to have gotten him the ball deep with any consistency. It's just another example of Miami's incompetent owner meddling. He's gotta have every new, shiny toy of the year.

How old is he? I think the big question is how much has he dropped off since his day sin Pittsburgh?

If you're just looking for someone to run verticals, I'm sure you could pick up a late rounder in the draft for a much cheaper price.

How old is he? I think the big question is how much has he dropped off since his day sin Pittsburgh?

If you're just looking for someone to run verticals, I'm sure you could pick up a late rounder in the draft for a much cheaper price.

He's 29, but will be 30 before the regular season starts. That dude made some money in Miami and Minny so I'm not sure what he'd actually play for at this point. I'm always shocked when a player who has made huge money takes a low paying contract unless it's to play for a contender. I doubt he's a match for the Bills, but it's fun to kick things like this around sometimes. A similar style player might be a nice fit, though. The Bills have to look at cheaper options to fill needs and a one trick deep threat at WR is going to be easier to find (and cheaper) than a complete one. Edited by BarleyNY