Report: Fitzy to hit the market

When was the last time Polian said something that was relevant or accurate? Talk about living off of past success. Seems to me he is becoming more Sullyesque as time goes on. IMO.

Sully had success sometime in the past?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is because HC had him in KC and thought he had fundamentals to play in system planned for Eagles and not confident in Bradford beating him out as QB.

Well, it's pretty clear Chase Daniels contract (plus his "in" with the HC) are intended to send a message to Bradford that he better bring his "A" game and not let up, or he'll be looking up - from a clipboard.

He's set for life from that time he fleeced the Buffalo Bills.

Yeah, I'm not saying that he needs the money but if the Jets offer something like 3 years and $45M with $20M guaranteed and the Broncos offer 4 years and $60M with $24M guaranteed he should go to Denver. If I were him I'd be less concerned about the system and more worried about the $.

It is kind of the opposite of Tyrod last year. He could have went to Denver for more $ and may not have played. He took a little less in Buffalo to get the exposure and land a bigger next deal. It certainly worked out well for him. A QB's resume and age determine what they should be looking for on the market. That holds true for any FA really.

Yeah, I'm not saying that he needs the money but if the Jets offer something like 3 years and $45M with $20M guaranteed and the Broncos offer 4 years and $60M with $24M guaranteed he should go to Denver. If I were him I'd be less concerned about the system and more worried about the $.

I think it more likely the Bills go an entire draft without picking a CB than Denver offering anywhere near that kind of money (or any money) to Fitz.

:lol: -- this is spot on. He really has no where else to go.

I think it more likely the Bills go an entire draft without picking a CB than Denver offering anywhere near that kind of money (or any money) to Fitz.

:lol: -- this is spot on. He really has no where else to go.

It was just a hypothetical. I used the Bradford and Osweiler deals as a base. I don't think that it is crazy at all to think that Fitz will get $15M a year.

It is kind of the opposite of Tyrod last year. He could have went to Denver for more $ and may not have played. He took a little less in Buffalo to get the exposure and land a bigger next deal. It certainly worked out well for him. A QB's resume and age determine what they should be looking for on the market. That holds true for any FA really.

What I heard yesterday was the Jets aren't willing to go more than 8 Mil per yr. Good for them but for all Fitz did for them last year I hope he retires instead of play for them again. Assuming nobody else is willing to give him his asking price. He is kind of on his own island right now.

What I heard yesterday was the Jets aren't willing to go more than 8 Mil per yr. Good for them but for all Fitz did for them last year I hope he retires instead of play for them again. Assuming nobody else is willing to give him his asking price. He is kind of on his own island right now.

the jets may plan to trade for Hoyer who they also looked at last year in FA. He's basically Fitz but for 8 mill. Then draft a guy or keep developing petty or geno. I agree with them that Fitz just isn't worth that. Edited by YoloinOhio

Kinda sucks when it comes down to this.

Chan is his best asset, as we know. Proven last year.

Shame Jets lowballed him so hard. Now its just uncomfortable.

he should have remained a Jet get one more season in and then mentor some one.

the jets may plan to trade for Hoyer who they also looked at last year in FA. He's basically Fitz but for 8 mill. Then draft a guy or keep developing petty or geno. I agree with them that Fitz just isn't worth that.

Fitz isn't. i was hoping for some middle ground for them.