Report: Fitzy to hit the market

When he has played for your team you will understand why people rip him. In the most critical of moments his "mediocre QB" becomes garbage.

He is fine for about the first 53 minutes of a game. But so many games are won and lost on the last few possessions, and he blows it. I like him personally.

He's "Fitztragic".

Edited by HoF Watkins

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buccaneers want to trade or extend Mike Glennon?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers general manager Jason Licht recently acknowledged that backup quarterback Mike Glennon is available for the right price leading up to next month's draft.

Does this put pressure on Fitzgibbons to settle?

If the best QBs in the game throw 2-3 fewer "uncatchable" passes per game, it's a significant stat.

Weos point on this stat is if comparing him to a HOF qb throwing 50 times a game with league record completion percentages and it's just a 2-3 throw in 50 attempt gap....

Then maybe you normalize down to a 3% gap instead of 5% to compare him to some sort of average instead of best ever, and suddenly 2-3 becomes 1-2 a game.

Then maybe you normalize down to something around 30 attempts and you are looking at maybe 1 attempt every 5-6 quarters compared to average qbs?

Is that disturbingly bad or shockingly bad or however he worded it? If that attempt is more often at key times, or more likely a turnover or more indicative of even catchable balls being placed poorly it could be really bad but that stat only kind of gives an idea of that.

Edited by NoSaint

Weos point on this stat is if comparing him to a HOF qb throwing 50 times a game with league record completion percentages and it's just a 2-3 throw in 50 attempt gap....

Then maybe you normalize down to a 3% gap instead of 5% to compare him to some sort of average instead of best ever, and suddenly 2-3 becomes 1-2 a game.

Then maybe you normalize down to something around 30 attempts and you are looking at maybe 1 attempt every 5-6 quarters compared to average qbs?

Is that disturbingly bad or shockingly bad or however he worded it? If that attempt is more often at key times, or more likely a turnover or more indicative of even catchable balls being placed poorly it could be really bad but that stat only kind of gives an idea of that.

you forget the factor of scoring differential. If your team is down 10 points in the 3rd or loses a lead by 3 points with less than 4 minutes to play the game changes. Fitz had a lot of those games.

ID be curious what his record was au halftime of every game he played in.

"Hey Brick, please put money in the collection jar to avoid having to start Geno at QB..."

@MmehtaNYDN

Sources: Jets ask DBrickashaw Ferguson to take pay cut to free up $ to re-sign Fitzpatrickhttp://m.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-brickashaw-pay-cut-ryan-fitzpatrick-article-1.2591162?utm_content=buffere1215&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter

Brick is probably thinking it might be cheaper just to clock Geno in the jaw again...

Edited by YoloinOhio

They could save $15 million by cutting Wilkerson....the thing about the Jets is they haven't made the decisions the Bills made to gain room to keep Glenn and Cogs. It may haunt them....

Decide who your core is and then work to keep them. I understand Fitz is on the bubble of core -- but they basically tell their fans we are on a 4 year rebuild if they don't retain him...Geno starts next year; they are forced to draft a rook; they go 4-12 next year and they pick in the top 5 -- they nab say Chad Kelly -- go 4-12 again and then 7-9 and then maybe contend in 2019. The Bills have seen this repeated 5 times -- Bledsoe, Losman, Edwards, Fitz, EJ--over 16 years...not pretty.

The Jets were still an almost playoff team without Wilkerson for the critical part of last years season...No one will trade anything substantial for him because the Jets have no leverage -- they need to get rid of that base salary...Just man up and cut him..

Edited by JoeF

I want them to get the deal done but I also want it to be as late as possible. Just screw the Jets as much as possible.

The Jets went as far as they could go with Fitz last year. Fitz is not getting them over the 10 win mark. He just does not have that much upside. Teams will start doubling Brandon Marshall and they will be lucky to hit 8-8.

The Jets went as far as they could go with Fitz last year. Fitz is not getting them over the 10 win mark. He just does not have that much upside. Teams will start doubling Brandon Marshall and they will be lucky to hit 8-8.

I can see Brandon Marshall getting injured a lot this year. He is old now and has taken many hits.

Its not how much he signs for or will he play in 2017. Its where will he play and when will he sign?

If I'm fitz I'm cool waiting until August to sign with a team, or even September. I'm smart enough to catch a system. I'm talented enough to be a great backup or average starter. I know I will get $8-9mm +. And I know I'll be called.