Report: Fitzy to hit the market

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's time to drop the "clipboard" thing? QBs don't carry clipboards on the sidelines anymore. If anything they carry Microsoft Surfaces. Besides, it was the 3rd string QB that carried the clipboard anyway.

that's not even funny. it is funny. but not that funny but i laughed and found this hilarious. it's like stupid funny because for no reason that was injected in to the statement. and it didn't need to be but because it was hilarious. that was well done, rdb

the jets may plan to trade for Hoyer who they also looked at last year in FA. He's basically Fitz but for 8 mill. Then draft a guy or keep developing petty or geno. I agree with them that Fitz just isn't worth that.

I agree that Fitz isn't worth what he's asking but I think he's asking because the market just went stupid. And given the choice between Hoyer for 8 or Fitz at 12 or something I'm taking Fitz.

Kinda sucks when it comes down to this.

Chan is his best asset, as we know. Proven last year.

Shame Jets lowballed him so hard. Now its just uncomfortable.

he should have remained a Jet get one more season in and then mentor some one.

Fitz isn't. i was hoping for some middle ground for them.

It really is an uncomfortable spot I think. Too bad for a good guy but I hope he just ***** on the Jets and they can roll with whatever.

I agree that Fitz isn't worth what he's asking but I think he's asking because the market just went stupid. And given the choice between Hoyer for 8 or Fitz at 12 or something I'm taking Fitz.

It really is an uncomfortable spot I think. Too bad for a good guy but I hope he just ***** on the Jets and they can roll with whatever.

that is in the Bills best interest.

Geno anyone?

As 3/12 points out, it's a great thing for us if they have to go to Geno. The Jets are at risk as much as Fitz. With a 2 to 1 ratio last year in TD and INT's along with about 4000 yards, i don't understand the Jets position.

i know the Bradford, Osweiler deals are out of hand, but it is a market demand thing in capitalism. What makes the most sense is the Jets get back to the table and start with 10 mil / yr. for three years and $15 mil guaranteed. That's basically a 1.5 yr. commitment. They can move to 11, and at the zero hour finish at $12 mil and go proportionally to $18 mil which is still a basic commitment of two years. They'll most likely get the same out of him for one year.

It's hard to compare his earlier years as he played on crappy teams. Each side wins and everyone walks away head high. It's not like they have their next franchise QB in 2017. The earliest is 2018 given the draft, so the Jets doesn't have anything but two years locked into Fitz.

How much is 10-6 and beating the Patsies** worth?

Not saying Fitz was the sole reason, but he did play a big part.

i don't know. But I think he has peaked. I don't think he will replicate that. I'm looking at the rest of his career and thinking it's going to be more like that than just the one season. So not worth it. Jmo.

i don't know. But I think he has peaked. I don't think he will replicate that. I'm looking at the rest of his career and thinking it's going to be more like that than just the one season. So not worth it. Jmo.

I don't know. I didn't think his play with the Jets was all that different than his play In Buffalo. The difference was he had a D and didn't have to score 35+ points per game. He also had Marshall and Decker to throw to instead of SJ, Donald Jones, and Ruvell Martin. IMHO.

I don't know. I didn't think his play with the Jets was all that different than his play In Buffalo. The difference was he had a D and didn't have to score 35+ points per game. He also had Marshall and Decker to throw to instead of SJ, Donald Jones, and Ruvell Martin. IMHO.

good point. when he played the Bills i guess he felt he had to put the game on himself to win. he never wins those games.

But if he relaxes and just does enough he can succeed.

Jets have some decent receivers and can run the ball. He does not have to carry the team

good point. when he played the Bills i guess he felt he had to put the game on himself to win. he never wins those games.

But if he relaxes and just does enough he can succeed.

Jets have some decent receivers and can run the ball. He does not have to carry the team

Fitz just isnt good enough, even with the WRs, Defense, RBs.

I do give him credit for beating the patriots ... BUT the week 16 pats were not the real pats. That same team lost to Miami the next week.

Wow not only are Pats* cheating in other ways they are bringing in other players and having them suit up on games they do not wish to play!

Wow not only are Pats* cheating in other ways they are bringing in other players and having them suit up on games they do not wish to play!

ha. Ok they they were the injured and beaten down Pats, with lots of backups everywhere, who couldn't even beat Miami the next week. When I think of the "real" Pats it was the team from the 1st half of the season. They looked unstoppable. Then injuries and throwing 50x a game and no running game took its toll and they became beatable. Edited by YoloinOhio