Report: Fitzy to hit the market

"In other words, the long and short of it for Fitzpatrick is this: he wants to get Sam Bradford money (a.k.a. $18 million a year or somewhere in the range). But teams see him as successful in Gailey's system and, at 33 years old, a bridge quarterback at absolute best."

The big contract for Chase Daniel is even stranger to me

Edited by ALF

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitzy should be really careful, I think he's overplaying his hand a little bit here. He is an easy guy to root for but to paraphrase the "immortal" "he is what we thought he was". Its best for everyone (including Bills fans) if he resigns and starts for them.

Probably so. Where can he go to be a starter? Fitzy lost his big contract money in week 17 last year. Had he not stunk up the field with EJ-level hellaciousness, the JESTS probably would have given him more this year. He am what he am.

^^^^^^ this. That game simply confirmed that Fitz has a ceiling, he doesn't acknowledge it and teams would be insane for paying him as though the truth is something otherwise.

Man, just forget about being a Bills fan right now...can you imagine if the 4th quarter of the Jets game happens differently and he finishes the season (regardless of playoffs) with the Jets at 11-5, with 31 TDs and 12 picks?

Yes, it didn't happen that way, but I seriously think he gets exactly what he's asking for if he did.

My point? The guy was....that...close...to having it his way for the remainder of his career, even if he was a bust from here on out. If he could have gotten 15-20 million guaranteed, the guy guarantees himself at least a 60 million dollar career...an extremely middling one.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Man, just forget about being a Bills fan right now...can you imagine if the 4th quarter of the Jets game happens differently and he finishes the season (regardless of playoffs) with the Jets at 11-5, with 31 TDs and 12 picks?

Yes, it didn't happen that way, but I seriously think he gets exactly what he's asking for if he did.

My point? The guy was....that...close...to having it his way for the remainder of his career, even if he doesn't do well. If he could have gotten 15-20 million guaranteed, the guy guarantees at least a 60 million dollar career, albeit an extremely middling one.

But he didn't and choked the big one. Like he always does...Against our back ups.

As a bottom tier NFL starter/back up caliber QB, what the Jest are offering is about all he's worth.

he's no a bottom tier. he is middle of the road tier. he is only bottom tier when you take out the horrible guys.

at the top you have roethlisberger, newton, wilson, romo, brees, brady, rodgers, manning, manning, palmer, ryan, luck

that's 12 no doubt better.

there are others who may or may not be better:

alex smith, jay cutler, taylor, rivers, cousins, gingerboy in cinci...

that's 19 qbs, with 7 you could reasonably debate being equable

so we'll put him at 20. that's aveage.

because no way should he be consiered worse than...

mallett
mccarron
davis
stafford
hoyer
freeman
bortles
keenum
tannehill
geno smith
derek carr
bradford
gabbert
winston
mettenberger
Fitz is middle of hte pack no matter how bad you want to call him awful.

"In other words, the long and short of it for Fitzpatrick is this: he wants to get Sam Bradford money (a.k.a. $18 million a year or somewhere in the range). But teams see him as successful in Gailey's system and, at 33 years old, a bridge quarterback at absolute best."

Where is this guy getting this? I thought he was looking to do better than Chase Daniels, but 18 million?

watch out! Chan is going to run the Baylor offense and we will rue the day we didn't spend our 3rd on him!

:lol:

I don't know much about Petty other than seeing maybe 1 or 2 games in college, but I imagine any first year starter/2nd year QB in this division wouldn't do all that well. Maybe he'll grow into it, who knows. But I do know that the Jets 2016season hinges on how this whole QB fiasco plays out and I'm really hoping they role snake eyes.

It is because HC had him in KC and thought he had fundamentals to play in system planned for Eagles and not confident in Bradford beating him out as QB.