Report: Fitzy to hit the market

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10-6 > 7-5 or 8-6

We aren't really arguing simple math are we? :)

Fitz had a 95 qb rating for the Texans, which was almost 40 points higher than Hoyer had this year.

You guys are working way too hard to hate on Fitz.

You said "anyone that close" -- Orton and Taylor were close.

Nobody is trying too hard to "hate" on Fitz -- they are stating facts. You're trying too hard to convince people of something that can't be proven.

I hate fitz fwiw. Put it all on me

Pickspatrick, Fitzpicksix. His baby arm ain't good enough, last season he was good and still morphed into old picks when it mattered.

Texans benched his arse and then the backups kept getting hurt. He ain't worth 10 mil imo.

Remember when he played for the bills ? Losing to every .500 or better team was cool and stuff

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Yolo, I really don't want to get sucked into Yet Another Fitz Thread, but the point about "he's been in the league, if he were playoff caliber he would have been there at least once." strikes me as really specious. Houston had exactly the same record last year, 9-7, as they had this year, only last year the Colts won the division and there were two 10-6 teams; this year with the Colts in a tailspin Houston won it. Since Fitz took last year's Houston team to the same record that put them in the playoffs this year, and this year's Jets team to the same record that put the Bengals and Ravens into the playoffs, that would seem to argue he is on the level that takes some teams to the playoffs, and there is an element of luck involved? Many years, multiple teams....Football is a team game, and not going to playoffs speaks to more than the QB.

He's not a great or elite QB that can carry a team into the playoffs without a strong D and pieces around him. There are only a handful of those in the league at any one time. If that's what you mean by "playoff caliber" I guess I would agree, with the caveat in that case many a QB who has been to the playoffs is NOT "playoff caliber".

Do I think the Jets will regret not resigning him if they don't? Yes, I do. The FA QB market is poor, the draft class isn't great, Geno is questionable. Some sports writer summed it up nicely - Fitz is a QB with a long history of being considered "not quite good enough" by teams that then do a wholly inadequate job of replacing him.

I think he still may sign with the Jets. This may have been a "here's our offer" "I'm worth more" "OK, go test the waters and if you don't find more, come back"

Fitz didn't take last year's Houston team to the same record they had this year. He got benched mid season and then when Mallet got hurt he had to come back for a few games and then broke his leg and was out the rest of the year. He "led" them to 6 wins. Edited by YoloinOhio

i'd go to denver if i'm him on a 1 year deal and see if he can win a sb. if they can get the running game going he doesn't have to do anything

That's looking likely? May be?

With Brock in Houston, RGIII reported to pique Denver interest. Got to imagine Fitz is on their short list too.

Edited by The Big Cat

Ha, I get it, I do.

But you could do a whole HELL of a lot worse than Fitz. And with that defense (that's losing parts now every day), is Fitz really a downgrade from either of the two they had last year?

The market is open but the shelves are empty.

Fitz didn't take last year's Houston team to the same record they had this year. He got benched mid season and then when Mallet got hurt he had to come back for a few games and then broke his leg and was out the rest of the year. He "led" them to 6 wins.

Way to pick the nit, man.

Fitz will go back to the Jets I predict

And the Broncos will be QB'd by? Just askin.

You may be right. Then again, some people think Brock Osweilier's signing changes stuff

On the surface it would seem like "If they could win with Manning's dead arm, Fitz could do at least as well", but then one realizes that Fitzlacksit crumbles in crunch time. He just can't handle it, and he always finds a way.

He looked good beating the Pats this year.

He looked good beating the Pats this year.

So did Ryan Tannenhill and Sam Bradford (against the NE team playing on one leg).

And then of course, there was the Bills game a week later, with everything on the line, against a team with nothing to gain....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhrzPFmfYu0

Love him up, CB97! Just wash his balls publicly, right here in this forum.

Edited by HoF Watkins

maybe Rams, or Broncos if they can't swing trade for Kap. But I don't see a huge market for him.

anything is possible....but if i'm Denver or rams.....i'm not wasting any time or money on fitz.

fitz better keep his wagon hooked to chan and marshall

Edited by papazoid