Bills "frustrated" with Incognito contract demands*SIGNED*

Don't hate on Ritchie. He was one of the best interior linemen in the league last season, and deserves just compensation. Business is business, and you can't blame him for seeking his best deal. I still think they will get a deal done.

Optimistic as well. Especially so with Roman & Kromer. They have histories' of excellent OL's, of which Ritchie is a part of. No question we're better with him ON our team.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Optimistic as well. Especially so with Roman & Kromer. They have histories' of excellent OL's, of which Ritchie is a part of. No question we're better with him ON our team.

Interesting to consider this point. How much do Kromer and Roman weigh in on this matter ?

So what if you gave him a chance?

He played lights out all season and went to the Pro Bowl

Pay the man.

Dont be cheap and expect a discount just because you gave him a chance.

Yes you gave him a chance and he rewarded you with a Pro Bowl season

CBF

Absolutely Agree!!! He earned his money and owes the Bills nothing. If the Bills wanted to avoid this situation, they should have found a way to have an option to execute...sour grapes on the Bills part.

I would say he is worth $6M a year but the Bills can only afford $5M

If this be the case, then why not execute a contract for a longer term that guarantees him the more money without killing the cap? I hate to see him go - I hated to see him go the first time.

Interesting to consider this point. How much do Kromer and Roman weigh in on this matter ?

I don't know for sure, but I envision that the coaches and coordinators are asked for their input as to who they:

-- can't live without

-- would love to have unless the $$ don't make sense

-- can go either way with

-- won't be sad to see them go

Then, the money crunchers try to satisfy the "can't live without" crowd first and go from there.

I don't know for sure, but I envision that the coaches and coordinators are asked for their input as to who they:

-- can't live without

-- would love to have unless the $$ don't make sense

-- can go either way with

-- won't be sad to see them go

Then, the money crunchers try to satisfy the "can't live without" crowd first and go from there.

Does TT have any input. HA HA!!

because if the O line falls apart, he truly may not be able to live without.

nor do i believe that they expect anything substantial - i suspect a lot of the haggling is age, and that he has off field issues, not that they agree on all the perceptions but are hung up on some IOU discount

Do you not see the contradiction in what you're saying here?

You chide the team for thinking OGs are a dime a dozen, yet pay no mind to the fact that the team had the #1 running game in the NFL with a street FA and a 3rd round pick manning the guard spots.

You say that they should pay Richie whatever he wants, but then go on to mention Levitre, who was massively, absurdly overpaid.

If they can make it work with Richie for $4M/year type money, then yes, they should. If he expects a top-tier guard contract, then they should move on and pick up someone like Mathis, Boone, Evans, Schwartz, or Brooks from the FA crop.

Yes, let someone else overpay for a guard, and bring in one of those you mention for a reasonable value. I'd go for Boone since he's got history with Roman.

Yes, let someone else overpay for a guard, and bring in one of those you mention for a reasonable value. I'd go for Boone since he's got history with Roman.

does Boone know about this?

nor do i believe that they expect anything substantial - i suspect a lot of the haggling is age, and that he has off field issues, not that they agree on all the perceptions but are hung up on some IOU discount

and i think its just media hype

A source close to Incognito revealed that the Bills are "not far off" to inking the Pro Bowl left guard to a three-year contract. The only issue holding up the deal is how Buffalo is structuring the contract.

Not surprised agent is leaking it here.

Incognito wants the majority of his salary in the first two years of the contract, but Buffalo's latest offer had Incognito receiving a good amount of money, as well as a large cap hit, in year three.

Sounds like a 2 year contract structured for 3 to spread out guaranteed and signing money

Considering that Incognito will turn 33 in July, it's understandable that he'd want the majority of his salary in the first two years of the contract.

Of course in last year he could just do a Mario and not perform since not likely to be signing another contract.