Broncos reportedly done with Manning (Bleacher Report)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be in the minority, but I really wouldn't want to pay Osweiler. I'd rather make sure to get Miller and Malik Jackson locked up, bring in a couple of guys like RG3 and Matt McGloin for peanuts and draft a QB.

Osweiler could have "won" that SB as well as Manning did.

I have always thought of Manning as a truely great QB ... in his prime. But yes, TT or any competent QB starter in the league could have won that game with the way that defense played in it. I can see bringing in some vet competition to challenge Osweiler, but honestly who could be that much better than him considering the cap restraints and the FA talent out there right now.

Jim Miller brought this up on Sirius XM the past several weeks and I agree with him and you.

The fun part is Brock could be linked to the Rams. Living in the shadow of a SB victor/Hall of Famer, Brock may opt out of Denver and take the money in FA. Imagine if he stays in Denver and they fail to make the playoffs under Brock. Spoiled, the Broncos fans would revolt.

Money will be tight and the Von Miller deal may leave the Denver Donkeys in a bind, leaving Brock to possibly be a top QB FA to take his money in a new location.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I heard that the Broncos are smitten with senior bowl mvp Dak Prescott. Which I find interesting because many like to compare him to Tebow because their college stats are basically the same and they are "mobile" QB's. I think Denver will take him at the end of the 2nd if available

I may be in the minority, but I really wouldn't want to pay Osweiler. I'd rather make sure to get Miller and Malik Jackson locked up, bring in a couple of guys like RG3 and Matt McGloin for peanuts and draft a QB.

If the choice ends up being between Von and Osweiler that's easy. Von all day.