McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being nick names Stg. Dan and being a a frequenter of clubs/bars =/= going up to bouncers when you enter and saying you're a cop. That just makes the guy a cop that likes to go out.....

That in mind. We have a cop that makes $70,000 maybe $100,000 spending $1400 on a single tab? A person that is a frequent bar and club hopper on that salary?

We also have possible intent(showing) of a firearm he isn't suppose to have? What would have happened if someone got shot...... would we still be looking at McCoy and his crew as the bad guys?

Being nick names Stg. Dan and being a a frequenter of clubs/bars =/= going up to bouncers when you enter and saying you're a cop. That just makes the guy a cop that likes to go out.....

That in mind. We have a cop that makes $70,000 maybe $100,000 spending $1400 on a single tab? A person that is a frequent bar and club hopper on that salary?

We also have possible intent(showing) of a firearm he isn't suppose to have? What would have happened if someone got shot...... would we still be looking at McCoy and his crew as the bad guys?

yes because he wasn't a good tipper that one time.

Oh and he said Chip wasn't tolerant of certain players with talent and personality. Wait

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/22/evan-mathis-this-broncos-team-would-have-eaten-chip-kelly-alive/

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think they have been busy for a couple years now.

Like i said Philly is a tough town.

I would suggest we Still do not have facts beyond the video. We now have some more statements.

Be wise to not reach conclusions in this matter.

Patience is often the best method

You are right that we don't have all the facts and might never have the full story. But that is the point in this type of case for the prosecution to consider. Each side's position can be easily challenged in certain respects. That is a major factor why the DA's office would be reluctant to take this case to court. The textbook says that the case could be prosecuted if the DA believes that the facts of the case rise to that level of beyond a reasonable doubt. But the DA also has to factor in that he as to whether he can unanimously convince a jury to side with the prosecutors side. That will be difficult to do when not only the facts are in dispute the the behavior of the police were in question.

Without a doubt this is a high profile case and the emotions are running high on both sides. When the DA's staff sit in a room and discuss this case they are going ask themselves how would they respond if this case didn't involve off duty police and didn't involve a high profile pro athlete? There are in my opinion too many unanswered questions (at this point) for them to decide to pursue the case at this juncture. If the police can bring in more supporting evidence that would factor in their decision-making.

Make no mistake that the issue of process is as important a consideration as are the facts. If the police make a drug arrest and the chain of custody of the evidence is contaminated then the case will be thrown out (guilt or not).

Is anyone still looking at McCoy and his crew as the bad guys (outside of the bottle-wielder)?

You are right that we don't have all the facts and might never have the full story. But that is the point in this type of case for the prosecution to consider. Each side's position can be easily challenged in certain respects. That is a major factor why the DA's office would be reluctant to take this case to court. The textbook says that the case could be prosecuted if the DA believes that the facts of the case rise to that level of beyond a reasonable doubt. But the DA also has to factor in that he as to whether he can unanimously convince a jury to side with the prosecutors side. That will be difficult to do when not only the facts are in dispute the the behavior of the police were in question.

Without a doubt this is a high profile case and the emotions are running high on both sides. When the DA's staff sit in a room and discuss this case they are going ask themselves how would they respond if this case didn't involve off duty police and didn't involve a high profile pro athlete? There are in my opinion too many unanswered questions (at this point) for them to decide to pursue the case at this juncture. If the police can bring in more supporting evidence that would factor in their decision-making.

Make no mistake that the issue of process is as important a consideration as are the facts. If the police make a drug arrest and the chain of custody of the evidence is contaminated then the case will be thrown out (guilt or not).

but you need the nifty lawyers to bring that to light.

Good post

F the POlice is what I say. No way in hell should ANYTHING happen to McCoy in this situation....

I thought you are a hippy stoner?

Is anyone still looking at McCoy and his crew as the bad guys (outside of the bottle-wielder)?

i have reached no conclusions, it seems you have?

Tank heard does not qualify does it Hopeful. as a witness. still hearsay

Of course, of course, likewise with anything reported from the "Shady" side of the street

After over 2 weeks, yes I have.

A fair point. Seems very likely there are two sides to the story and the picture is far more muddled than the initial complaint/partial video would have one believe.

Edited by Hopeful

Fair enough Doc.

A fair point. Seems very likely there are two sides to the story and the picture is far more muddled than the initial complaint/partial video would have one believe.

I went from thinking he was an innocent bystander, to thinking he was going to get suspended after watching the video, to now thinking he's clear seeing no charges have been filed and he wasn't thrown out with the others, and the cops didn't call 911, didn't file a report for 2 days, and had many lapses of judgment that night.

Likely the off duty cops did not do everything correct like reporting when they were supposed to, had conflicting stories until they had chance to sync up, had excess blood alcohol, etc. It is making it difficult for prosecution to do job when they know that if they do anything other than only prosecute Shady and friends it may come back to bite them but if they prosecute cops then they will issue with police.

It is likely case where both did wrong but some did more wrong than others. This will likely end up dismissed for not enough evidence (without mentioning WHO there was not enough evidence for) and cops will take it to civil court where evidence will not be as finely examined including internal use only evidence.

So there is a guy who was with Shady who pulled a 6' 3" 250 lb cop off another guy and proceeded to beat the living crap out of him....I'm thinking this year's IK has been found...

There was a purpose to this thread..the Ryan brothers are perfect to scout bar fight talent and turn them into Football Players!!!!!!

Edited by JoeF