McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the NFLPA can get Hardy's suspension reduced from 10 down to 4 games, Shady will get zero games in the end.

again i do not agree. the video is damning evidence of non NFL approved behaviour.

Hardy was a different story that was mishandled at best.

But of course we shall see in time what the mood over at NFL central.com is over this.

I looked that up just before I posted. He did more than just throw a punch (3 personal fouls and going out of his way to head butt Norman), while the punches he thew in the Bills game were ignored.

Violence is an accepted agenda and method of success on the field. Not off.

weird huh?

Oh hell yes. That is exactly the defense has prepped already by saying his client was sober!! Shady has a keen lawyer, and that goes a country mile in this day and age

If the NFLPA can get Hardy's suspension reduced from 10 down to 4 games, Shady will get zero games in the end.

This has "ego" and now "money grab" written all over it. Roland Butler is the guy that started it and likely the guy using the bottle of champagne as a weapon, which resulted in what the cops attorney is characterizing as permanent injury. Doesn't anyone find it funny as well how it's characterized by their attorney? McCoy and his party started a fight. The video doesn't show McCoy doing anything until the very end. I'm hearing the sound "CHA-CHING".

Edited by Luxy312

This has "ego" and now "money grab" written all over it. Roland Butler is the guy that started it and likely the guy using the bottle of champagne as a weapon, which resulted in what the cops attorney is characterizing as permanent injury. Doesn't anyone find it funny as well how it's characterized by their attorney? McCoy and his party started a fight. The video doesn't show McCoy doing anything until the very end. I'm hearing the sound "CHA-CHING".

not sure.

again i do not agree. the video is damning evidence of non NFL approved behaviour.

Hardy was a different story that was mishandled at best.

But of course we shall see in time what the mood over at NFL central.com is over this.

weird huh?

With Goodell's abysmal record in handling discipline, he'll fail yet again if he tries to suspend McCoy in a case that results in no charges filed and no clear cut evidence with regard to how the altercation started. There will be no suspension.

He was playing football in the bar?

did he have NFL logo on his person?

With Goodell's abysmal record in handling discipline, he'll fail yet again if he tries to suspend McCoy in a case that results in no charges filed and no clear cut evidence with regard to how the altercation started. There will be no suspension.

definite aren't we?

:nana:

Edited by 3rdand12

Where did you see that Butler used the bottle as a weapon?

weird huh?

Yup. But what I find funny/dumb is that they won't suspend for a punch thrown on the field, but will for one thrown off of it?

Contingent upon no charges being filed, I most certainly am.

We have not reached that point, of course.

But the NFL is a product.

It is not the legal system.

Wrong place wrong time? maybe. Attempt to injure another is what i will hang my hat upon

And of course , this is just an opinion from a regular oaf. Meaning, me : )

Yup. But what I find funny/dumb is that they won't suspend for a punch thrown on the field, but will for one thrown off of it?

I guess we will find out.

If you look back at some Hardy testimony and 911 phone call. without any video, it should.

Just because Rice connected make it different?

Well, I simplify this even more. Since 2006, there have been 57 cases of alleged domestic violence by NFL players. These are cases of men hitting women or children, not even other grown men in a bar fight. 10 players were cut outright by their teams. 12 players got suspended. For the other 35? Nothing. Zero. Zilch. For McCoy, there's just not enough evidence to do anything. Certainly not enough to charge him. He and his attorneys would eat the public prosecution alive.

-deliberately trample or tread heavily on

ask the old school Hells Angels how much fun these were. and very educative to the audience. Stompings and **** kickers

those were the days.

I have noticed that folks are anxious to reach conclusions yet again.

The sooner this passes the better for The Buffalo Bills gosh bless their little hearts, and us fans too.

Well, I simplify this even more. Since 2006, there have been 57 cases of alleged domestic violence by NFL players. These are cases of men hitting women or children, not even other grown men in a bar fight. 10 players were cut outright by their teams. 12 players got suspended. For the other 35? Nothing. Zero. Zilch. For McCoy, there's just not enough evidence to do anything. Certainly not enough to charge him. He and his attorneys would eat the public prosecution alive.

enough to charge, enough to convict? perhaps not.

I sure hope he learns, there is a way to avoid these incidents.

Get a wife and drink at home lol

enough to charge, enough to convict? perhaps not.

I sure hope he learns, there is a way to avoid these incidents.

Get a wife and drink at home lol

District attorneys do not file charges and start the legal process unless they can draw the conclusion that they're more likely than not to convict. That's just criminal law 101. You're talking about wasting public resources when you are paid via taxpayer dollars. If they thought they had enough to charge, they would have charged already. To boot, the D.A. was going to meet with McCoy personally, which was just cancelled by the McCoy camp. That's just not something that happens in criminal matters and yet another reason why this smells like a money grab.

ask the old school Hells Angels how much fun these were. and very educative to the audience. Stompings and **** kickers

those were the days.

I have noticed that folks are anxious to reach conclusions yet again.

The sooner this passes the better for The Buffalo Bills gosh bless their little hearts, and us fans too.

I doubt anyone was in the right in this fight. I just think it's a B word move to jump in to a fight that your friends are already winning. I assume they were winning because I haven't seen any reports of anyone in Shady's group having injuries.

District attorneys do not file charges and start the legal process unless they can draw the conclusion that they're more likely than not to convict. That's just criminal law 101. You're talking about wasting public resources when you are paid via taxpayer dollars. If they thought they had enough to charge, they would have charged already. To boot, the D.A. was going to meet with McCoy personally, which was just cancelled by the McCoy camp. That's just not something that happens in criminal matters and yet another reason why this smells like a money grab.

alright then, where does the money grab occur. and if you mean restitution then that all needs to be laid out pretty clearly.

Honest questions Sir.

I doubt anyone was in the right in this fight. I just think it's a B word move to jump in to a fight that your friends are already winning. I assume they were winning because I haven't seen any reports of anyone in Shady's group having injuries.

Choke hold.

I wasn't there, coulda been a B word move though.

Edited by 3rdand12