McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

Maybe it's because he gets better advice on how to go about doing his dirt. If McCoy left any mention of the Buffalo Bills and refrained from using the team logo his little party wouldn't have got as much attention.

Gronk is out of control but someone keeps his ass in line. You see his exploits surrounded by charity visits and smiling kids. I can't recall him ever leaving a 10 cent tip or whatever it was...stuff like that changes people's perception of athletes.

Once your perceived to be the bad guy your guilty in the court of public opinion. Gronk partied with Manziel regularly....who got the bad press? The bad guy of course.

You really believe the difference is because McCoy's party invite mentioned the Bills and used their logo is the difference between him and Gronk's party? Gronk has a 50:1 ratio of women to men and have them signing NDA's. Shady does charity work as well, so that's not really any different. the 10 cent tip is irrelevant. Many people regardless of income have left a crap tip at some point based on their opinion of poor service. so that makes Gronk's party ok and Shady's was a problem?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's because he gets better advice on how to go about doing his dirt. If McCoy left any mention of the Buffalo Bills and refrained from using the team logo his little party wouldn't have got as much attention.

Gronk is out of control but someone keeps his ass in line. You see his exploits surrounded by charity visits and smiling kids. I can't recall him ever leaving a 10 cent tip or whatever it was...stuff like that changes people's perception of athletes.

Once your perceived to be the bad guy your guilty in the court of public opinion. Gronk partied with Manziel regularly....who got the bad press? The bad guy of course.

Gronk's parties get a ton of attention and he wants it that way. He and his family promote them. Not saying McCoy should have used Bills logo, he shouldn't have. He also didn't have the party.

check out what's going on on Gronk's party ship. 50:1 female to male ratio, non disclosures and Gronk offering 10k to a couple to do the actual deed in front of everyone. It's so adorable when Gronk does it., right? Everyone laughs and thinks he's the GOAT? Shady's life is not my style but people act like he's a huge problem and ignore other players who are the same or worse. He's not been suspended for anything in the past. He's not the sharpest at certain times with what he says. That's true.

For reals? I heard about the 10k, but not the 50:1 f:m or the non-disclosures. That Gronk, nothing but trouble! NE should cut him!

For reals? I heard about the 10k, but not the 50:1 f:m or the non-disclosures. That Gronk, nothing but trouble! NE should cut him!

yeah right!! haha. And then there Cam Newton, spotted getting high on life so to speak at a club in Nashville, pics circulating. Cut him too! Edited by YoloinOhio

You really believe the difference is because McCoy's party invite mentioned the Bills and used their logo is the difference between him and Gronk's party? Gronk has a 50:1 ratio of women to men and have them signing NDA's. Shady does charity work as well, so that's not really any different. the 10 cent tip is irrelevant. Many people regardless of income have left a crap tip at some point based on their opinion of poor service. so that makes Gronk's party ok and Shady's was a problem?

Shady's was a problem the team reacted to it because it involved use of their logo for his private endeavor. I never said Shady didn't do charity work. What do people think of when they think of off the field with Shady? His image is his own doing. Calling a former coach out for race related dealings, the stripper incident, the baby momma drama on a public domain, the tipping incident. Anytime an athlete or public figure acts out in public it negatively affects their reputation.

Gronk seems to be well versed in keeping his "party boy" image on the up and up. Like I said look at the hate Johnny got while being at the same parties as Gronk. When someone says Gronk being Gronk ...the perception is drunken guy partying with women. When someone says Shady being Shady....well.....yeah people think Shady doings.

It's the social media age and your judged on how the public perceives you.

Shady's was a problem the team reacted to it because it involved use of their logo for his private endeavor. I never said Shady didn't do charity work. What do people think of when they think of off the field with Shady? His image is his own doing. Calling a former coach out for race related dealings, the stripper incident, the baby momma drama on a public domain, the tipping incident. Anytime an athlete or public figure acts out in public it negatively affects their reputation.

Gronk seems to be well versed in keeping his "party boy" image on the up and up. Like I said look at the hate Johnny got while being at the same parties as Gronk. When someone says Gronk being Gronk ...the perception is drunken guy partying with women. When someone says Shady being Shady....well.....yeah people think Shady doings.

It's the social media age and your judged on how the public perceives you.

how is a 50:1 female to male ratio and NDA's being signed keeping your party image on the up and up? it seems hypocritical (not you, in general) that him doing that is on the up and up and other things Shady does are considered wrong, or bad or evil.

@mikerodak

Attorney for off-duty officer says client suffered “serious, permanent injuries” and is being treated by neurologist http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14822930

" I asked (lawyer for complainant) what the permanent injuries were, he said "scarring" If the cuts were sutured by a good plastic surgeon and the patient followed protocol to minimize swelling, really shouldn't be much.

It wasn't clear who Perri's client is or what injury is being treated by a neurologist. Lingering neurological symptoms that take time to heal is not unusual after an orbital fracture, as after a concussion - but it was interesting he didn't claim "permanent loss of eye movement" or "permanent loss of vision" as a permanent injury. For the officer's own sake, we'll hope that he makes a full neurological recovery.

The other interesting thing from that clip is the reporter said he talked to FOP president McNesby about the report that the officers started it and McNesby's response was "that doesn't matter"

Not, "it didn't happen that way" but "it doesn't matter". Now, it's a fair point that it's not OK to respond to an initial attack with disproportionate force, so from that point of view he's correct. But that isn't the story that was told in the police complaint that was filed and provided to news media, or in McNesby's own initial account of "vicious, unprovoked attack", and if the officer went to the floor with his hands around the neck of one of McCoy's friends or something, that would certainly justify a degree of McCoy and friends responding. So now the story is much muddier and the appropriate charges less clear - it absolutely DOES matter from that regard.

I think the dude who was swinging the bottle eventually gets charged with aggravated assault and the rest of the party misdemeanor assault that pleads down to some kind of nuisance charge. Guessing.

But a heavy bottle is a weapon capable of causing serious injury, if the guy grabbed it and clocked someone who was trying to break up the fight that's clearly disproportionate, and the orbital fracture (being treated by a neurologist?) is the injury with the greatest potential to be serious of what was described. Again guessing, but the police union is likely pushing hard for felony assault charges to include McCoy for the same reason Willie Sutton gave for robbing banks.

@johnbarrESPN

No charges expected Monday in the LeSean McCoy case. A source tells Buffalo News the off-duty officer started fight

So I guess we would want shady banished for the land if he offered 10k to bang in front of everyone ?

Gronks dancing not too shabby, Killing it!! Ha.

http://nypost.com/2016/02/21/shirtless-rob-gronkowski-is-a-dancing-lunatic/

lebatard show says that ship's name should be the SS TD Edited by YoloinOhio

how is a 50:1 female to male ratio and NDA's being signed keeping your party image on the up and up? it seems hypocritical (not you, in general) that him doing that is on the up and up and other things Shady does are considered wrong, or bad or evil.

Your missing the point, and I'm not supporting Gronk's actions. His brotherly band of frat boys which is headed by the father are just as wild as anyone else. My point was they get away with it because they maintain their image outside of partying. I can think of 5 or 6 things which Shady did that lost him any benefit of the doubt within public eye. Can you think of any that Gronk or any of his brothers have done?

So when they get drunk and offer someone 10k to screw they are just wild hunks. When someone the public has a distaste for does something like that it's viewed totally differently. Fair? Nope. Reality? Yes.

@johnbarrESPN

No charges expected Monday in the LeSean McCoy case. A source tells Buffalo News the off-duty officer started fightlebatard show says that ship's name should be the SS TD

Sara Spain will be on lebatard today specifically to discuss the gronk cruise. Should be hilarious.

McCoy better never be photographed having gronk style fun. The roasters will get him and his "shady" name.

" I asked (lawyer for complainant) what the permanent injuries were, he said "scarring" If the cuts were sutured by a good plastic surgeon and the patient followed protocol to minimize swelling, really shouldn't be much.

It wasn't clear who Perri's client is or what injury is being treated by a neurologist. Lingering neurological symptoms that take time to heal is not unusual after an orbital fracture, as after a concussion - but it was interesting he didn't claim "permanent loss of eye movement" or "permanent loss of vision" as a permanent injury. For the officer's own sake, we'll hope that he makes a full neurological recovery.

The other interesting thing from that clip is the reporter said he talked to FOP president McNesby about the report that the officers started it and McNesby's response was "that doesn't matter"

Not, "it didn't happen that way" but "it doesn't matter". Now, it's a fair point that it's not OK to respond to an initial attack with disproportionate force, so from that point of view he's correct. But that isn't the story that was told in the police complaint that was filed and provided to news media, or in McNesby's own initial account of "vicious, unprovoked attack", and if the officer went to the floor with his hands around the neck of one of McCoy's friends or something, that would certainly justify a degree of McCoy and friends responding. So now the story is much muddier and the appropriate charges less clear - it absolutely DOES matter from that regard.

I think the dude who was swinging the bottle eventually gets charged with aggravated assault and the rest of the party misdemeanor assault that pleads down to some kind of nuisance charge. Guessing.

But a heavy bottle is a weapon capable of causing serious injury, if the guy grabbed it and clocked someone who was trying to break up the fight that's clearly disproportionate, and the orbital fracture (being treated by a neurologist?) is the injury with the greatest potential to be serious of what was described. Again guessing, but the police union is likely pushing hard for felony assault charges to include McCoy for the same reason Willie Sutton gave for robbing banks.

Youd' think the guy who wielded the bottle would face a charge, but you'd also think he'd already have been charged by now (and like I said before, I'm sure the cop is complaining of double vision :rolleyes:). And since the cop(s) started the fight, I doubt any charges come down for the rest of the group.

And isn't offering people money to have sex in front of others some sort of crime?

Edited by Doc

Sara Spain will be on lebatard today specifically to discuss the gronk cruise. Should be hilarious.

McCoy better never be photographed having gronk style fun. The roasters will get him and his "shady" name.

she is on right now. Too funny. She said that he gets away with it because he's a "big, dumb puppy"

Youd' think the guy who wielded the bottle would face a charge, but you'd also think he'd already have been charged by now (and like I said before, I'm sure the cop is complaining of double vision :rolleyes:). And since the cop(s) started the fight, I doubt any charges come down for the rest of the group.

And isn't offering people money to have sex in front of others some sort of crime?

apparently the couple did not take him up on the offer. But remember this is Gronk, so we just laugh!

@johnbarrESPN

No charges expected Monday in the LeSean McCoy case. A source tells Buffalo News the off-duty officer started fight

lebatard show says that ship's name should be the SS TD

I think this is the real reason for the holdup. Shady almost assuredly threw a punch, but it sounds like the further we go, the further we get into "he said she said". With a high profile case I'm not at all shocked that the DA is taking his time.