McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

This isn't a shot at the current Philly PD at all, but it always rubbed me the wrong way how the alleged Marvin Harrison shooting investigation went down.

I don't like generalizing about a group of people, but when it comes to policemen approaching me I expect repulsive behavior and hope for them to surprise me. Generally the good cops are off doing their duty which never involves me unless it's a speeding ticket! But if they're coming up to me for no obvious reason, chances are some form of harassment is soon to ensue.

One balanced set of experiences: I used to take my hunting dog to a town parking lot at night to throw a ball for her. I never did it if there were any cars or people around, but 20-30 minutes of retrieval sprinting was worth a couple hours of walking and the asphalt sanded her nails down nicely!

Well of course some cop happens by and comes over and reads me the riot act about every little statute and ordinance I might be breaking and makes me leave.

A few weeks later I'm exercising her again and here comes the cop car, this time the guy is asking me what type of dog she is, telling me about his husky, out of his car and petting my dog. I made sure to compliment his approach to his job and mentioned the behavior of one of his coworkers. He gave me a sigh and knowing nod and apologized for it.

So, I don't hate policemen but I've had enough negative experiences to plan for the worst and hope for the best.

I think this about sums up my opinion.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you weren't sharing that recipe!!! If you still have my email, please share away. PM if not.

I do and I shall--I don't hoard recipes; they are meant to be shared.

Have to look it up and transcribe it, because the book my Great Aunt wrote it in is so withered that a picture of it simply won't be legible.

I do and I shall--I don't hoard recipes; they are meant to be shared.

Have to look it up and transcribe it, because the book my Great Aunt wrote it in is so withered that a picture of it simply won't be legible.

Many thanks!

I met you and know that you are not an imbecile. You do however sound like one.

Joe Rizzo was mayor back then, right? Most Philly cops today probably never heard of him.

No, it was Wilson Goode who was mayor.

Frank Rizzo was mayor for their previous encounter, which was also an unmitigated disaster.

I would have to see more details but at face value, it did look awful.

Yeah...all I know is what I've read: two different men went to police to claim they'd been shot. Both were shot within a few blocks of the garage that Harrison owns. One of them had been in a fist fight with Harrison the previous week; the other witnessed the first shooting. One of the bullets recovered from the first victim's car matched a gun owned by Harrison.

The first victim was then shot again and died before police could get his statement.

First off, if shady is involved, he's a fool. If he's not involved, good.

Second, all this talk of trumped up report writing, cop hate, cover ups is sad. People are hating on police because of numerous incidents where the WHOLE story is not told, or the WHOLE video is not shown. All that you get are bits and pieces that the media uses to get ratings, views, ect.

There was security at this place, and I'd be willing to bet that they were interviewed. And it was a private club? I'd also be willing to bet a ledger is kept that "members" have to sign in on. There is going to be a bunch of witnesses to this incident. Let's wait and see how it unfolds.

Well obviously you wait until facts are known, but if charged then bye bye. Simple as that.

Yep, b/c that's what happened when Ray Lewis was in a group who stabbed two people to death. No, wait, he stayed with the team and was the Super Bowl MVP, and would go on to have over a decade's worth more seasons with the same team, becoming a beloved team leader feted by the league and the media upon retirement.

Not saying it's right, just that it's probably not that simple, nor should it be (for the record, I can't stand Lewis), nor am I not bothered by this story, and disgusted if he did it. Just b/c he is charged doesn't mean he did it, and the team should probably stick by him until it's fully clear what he did. Hopefully, the story turns out to be much different than it may seem now.

Aaron Hernandez may have been released before proven, but at that point he was pretty much suspected of murders at a serial killer level.

Yes, because we should always give the benefit of the doubt to the police. They clearly show excellent judgement in all situations. Especially off-duty in a bar.

You do have to take into account the tendency of law and order to lend leniency to those who wear the badge, even if they aren't wearing it during the incident. One report is stating that the "off-duty officers" filed the report after the fact. Certainly, their knowledge of the system puts them a step ahead. Thankfully, Shady has plenty of money to hire lawyers who are even smarter than the "off-duty officers." Unfortunately, Shady will likely have to sit out a game or two for the sake of the "Shield."

I don't like generalizing about a group of people, but when it comes to policemen approaching me I expect repulsive behavior and hope for them to surprise me. Generally the good cops are off doing their duty which never involves me unless it's a speeding ticket! But if they're coming up to me for no obvious reason, chances are some form of harassment is soon to ensue.

One balanced set of experiences: I used to take my hunting dog to a town parking lot at night to throw a ball for her. I never did it if there were any cars or people around, but 20-30 minutes of retrieval sprinting was worth a couple hours of walking and the asphalt sanded her nails down nicely!

Well of course some cop happens by and comes over and reads me the riot act about every little statute and ordinance I might be breaking and makes me leave.

A few weeks later I'm exercising her again and here comes the cop car, this time the guy is asking me what type of dog she is, telling me about his husky, out of his car and petting my dog. I made sure to compliment his approach to his job and mentioned the behavior of one of his coworkers. He gave me a sigh and knowing nod and apologized for it.

So, I don't hate policemen but I've had enough negative experiences to plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Wow what a jerk. How dare he do his job and stand in the way of your dog getting her nails sanded? Plus you should be able to break ordinances and stuff because you're special.

Dude if you have a problem with the ordinance get it changed at the city council. Are there cops with bad personalities? Yes. This guy had a bad personality while DOING HIS JOB.

Little punks had it comin' for stealing beach chairs! And it was probably self defense! And...oh wait. That was last offseason.

Stupid cops probably had it comin for being jerks! And it was probably self defense! And... :rolleyes:

Wow what a jerk. How dare he do his job and stand in the way of your dog getting her nails sanded? Plus you should be able to break ordinances and stuff because you're special.

Dude if you have a problem with the ordinance get it changed at the city council. Are there cops with bad personalities? Yes. This guy had a bad personality while DOING HIS JOB.

Ugh. People like you.

Yep, b/c that's what happened when Ray Lewis was in a group who stabbed two people to death. No, wait, he stayed with the team and was the Super Bowl MVP, and would go on to have over a decade's worth more seasons with the same team, becoming a beloved team leader feted by the league and the media upon retirement.

Not saying it's right, just that it's probably not that simple, nor should it be (for the record, I can't stand Lewis), nor am I not bothered by this story, and disgusted if he did it. Just b/c he is charged doesn't mean he did it, and the team should probably stick by him until it's fully clear what he did. Hopefully, the story turns out to be much different than it may seem now.

Aaron Hernandez may have been released before proven, but at that point he was pretty much suspected of murders at a serial killer level.

In the NFL no one is equal. If it were Dareus I keep him.

I don't need McCoy on the Bills.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

"Look, we are not going to use it as an excuse, but losing Shady during these first six games hasn't been any help. That being said, we get him back this week ready to go and we hope to right this ship. We'll be right back in at 4-4 if we can win the next two weeks."

Rex and/or Doug - October, 2016.

Built in excuses are sweet.