McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestingly enough, I found that this exact precinct has their rules published for off-duty officers:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0ahUKEwirxf2LgunKAhXpA5oKHT_vC1sQFggtMAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.portal.state.pa.us%2Fportal%2Fserver.pt%3Fopen%3D18%26objID%3D438296%26mode%3D2&usg=AFQjCNGorUUmnlMyiIqGAxMo3vMOg3uoZw

D. In situations where an officer is using intoxicants

or taking medications that have impaired his/her

physical and mental abilities, the officer will not

take action, other than calling 9-1-1 to report the

incident.

E. An officer will not be considered acting within the

scope of his/her employment if he/she takes police

action while using intoxicants or taking

medications that have impaired his/her physical and

mental abilities.

Interesting that they didn't call 911 to report the incident in light of what their precinct instructs.

i may have missed it, but no where did it say they were attempting to act as officers of the law, did it? that seems to be all that is addressing.

it is if you have an axe to grind regarding Shady.

I guess...that's a serious stretch though.+

His wife did not press charges or get hospitalized

Um, he knocked out a woman...and not just any woman, his wife. That's much, much worse.

And who cares if she pressed charges, the police arrested him at the scene:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/09/us/ray-rice-timeline/

I'm sorry, but there's no comparison between the two incidents.

i may have missed it, but no where did it say they were attempting to act as officers of the law, did it? that seems to be all that is addressing.

Correct--I'm only saying that the lack of a call to police to the scene seems odd.

I don't know (or claim to know) what it implies.

I'm sure they were just playing the "knockout" game. Charges will be dropped its just a game folks!

How about enough excuse making, your a rich guy who has celebrity status stop acting like a dip **** in public. A millionaire squabbling over champagne. Get out of here.

No, it didnt. This "Find" has nothing to do with the situation really. The off duty officers went to the hospital (Rightfully so) and then the police were contacted.

Edited by CountDorkula

Getting in a bar fight looks worse than knocking out your wife in an elevator and then lying about it when you know there's a video?

if it was 4 guys stomping on someone on the ground in an extreme nature, yea, i could see that as worse than a single punch. we dont know what it is yet though...

Fortunately, Shady attended the Chris Carter symposium and made sure he had friends present who could be the fall guys.

Seriously, somebody needs to be the grownup and walk away from that situation. Sounds like no adults were present.

GO BILLS!!!

if it was 4 guys stomping on someone on the ground in an extreme nature, yea, i could see that as worse than a single punch. we dont know what it is yet though...

True--if that's the exact scene that played out, then yeah, I'd find it equally abhorrent.

It's just--there were reportedly 3 off-duty officers there. If that exact scene played out, and their own precinct tells them to "be a good witness" and call 9-1-1, I am really surprised that nobody did.

I'm interested to see what we find out though.

Fortunately, Shady attended the Chris Carter symposium and made sure he had friends present who could be the fall guys.

Seriously, somebody needs to be the grownup and walk away from that situation. Sounds like no adults were present.

GO BILLS!!!

That's for sure.

True--if that's the exact scene that played out, then yeah, I'd find it equally abhorrent.

It's just--there were reportedly 3 off-duty officers there. If that exact scene played out, and their own precinct tells them to "be a good witness" and call 9-1-1, I am really surprised that nobody did.

I'm interested to see what we find out though.

That's for sure.

Its going to be a mess that lands McCoy on the sideline for a game or 2 at least.