McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

Not surprised you feel a kinship to him. Any cop that really wanted to DO THEIR JOB could pull over everyone going 1 mile over the speed limit but most here in Ohio wait until at least 10 over. The context of the situation didn't matter to him, nor do I suspect it's worth discussing with you.

i feel no kinship. Maybe the guy was a jerk but you were not following the rules. That is what you wrote anyway. What was the "context" of the situation? That your dog's nails were long? Seriously. Did you tell him your taxes pay his salary?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fricken 19 pages of 70% stupidity at this point.

Idiot posters making a big stink about "police officers." Dudes... wake up. They were off-duty in civilian attire. Being a police officer or not a police officer has no impact in this bar brawl. Police haters need an adjusted perspective.

What does have impact: reports of broken skulls. Whomever broke these persons skulls is in some serious **** (doesn't matter if the vics were police or not)

Idiot posters making a big stink about "police officers." Dudes... wake up. They were off-duty in civilian attire. Being a police officer or not a police officer has no impact in this bar brawl. Police haters need an adjusted perspective.

What does have impact: reports of broken skulls. Whomever broke these persons skulls is in some serious **** (doesn't matter if the vics were police or not)

Meh. Don't get drunk and start bar fights at 2am and you won't have to worry about broken skulls

#beermuscles.

Pretty much this. From the reports it was not much of a fight, it was more of a beating. Stomping a man while he is down.

Interestingly enough, I found that this exact precinct has their rules published for off-duty officers:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0ahUKEwirxf2LgunKAhXpA5oKHT_vC1sQFggtMAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.portal.state.pa.us%2Fportal%2Fserver.pt%3Fopen%3D18%26objID%3D438296%26mode%3D2&usg=AFQjCNGorUUmnlMyiIqGAxMo3vMOg3uoZw

D. In situations where an officer is using intoxicants
or taking medications that have impaired his/her
physical and mental abilities, the officer will not
take action, other than calling 9-1-1 to report the
incident.
E. An officer will not be considered acting within the
scope of his/her employment if he/she takes police
action while using intoxicants or taking
medications that have impaired his/her physical and
mental abilities.

Interesting that they didn't call 911 to report the incident in light of what their precinct instructs.

Pretty much this. From the reports it was not much of a fight, it was more of a beating. Stomping a man while he is down.

Except that the victim was only treated for a head laceration..."possible skull fracture" sounds like a trumped-up media report. Trust me from experience, if he had a skull fracture, they'd know by now.

Compared to how Ray Rice was punished , this looks a lot worse.

Never even thought about this angle. He is watching this very closely.

Except that the victim was only treated for a head laceration..."possible skull fracture" sounds like a trumped-up media report. Trust me from experience, if he had a skull fracture, they'd know by now.

What about broken ribs guy.....

Interestingly enough, I found that this exact precinct has their rules published for off-duty officers:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0ahUKEwirxf2LgunKAhXpA5oKHT_vC1sQFggtMAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.portal.state.pa.us%2Fportal%2Fserver.pt%3Fopen%3D18%26objID%3D438296%26mode%3D2&usg=AFQjCNGorUUmnlMyiIqGAxMo3vMOg3uoZw

D. In situations where an officer is using intoxicants

or taking medications that have impaired his/her

physical and mental abilities, the officer will not

take action, other than calling 9-1-1 to report the

incident.

E. An officer will not be considered acting within the

scope of his/her employment if he/she takes police

action while using intoxicants or taking

medications that have impaired his/her physical and

mental abilities.

Interesting that they didn't call 911 to report the incident in light of what their precinct instructs.

Good find.

What about broken ribs guy.....

That's now what the other poster said looks bad, nor is it what you responded to (which is what I commented on).

Broken ribs can happen in a fight. I'd have to know a lot more about it to determine how bad I feel for the guy.

What I do know is that pro athletes need to learn to stay home until they're out of the limelight, and that bar fights are stupid.

Beyond that, everything is conjecture.