Sully embarrasses himself at the Super Bowl

YoloinOhio

Who are all of these people who have such a problem with Cam Newton?

I keep hearing reporters bring it up on the radio and reading it in print but I'm not seeing it anywhere else.

letters to the editor etc. people complaining about his gyrations on the field. A very small minority.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and Sully followed up at the first chance he's had to question him, as a journalist should, instead of asking the usual puff questions players get. Cam opened the door on the issue.

Even though Cam had already been through it a million times with other reporters?

Too bad Neil Armstrong died or Sully might be able to ask him what the moon is like.

From my couch it looks like a manufactured controversy that has maintained it's legs because they got a comment out of Cam a week or so ago.

That was a mistake on his part, the rest of the blame can be placed on the talking heads whom have stoked the fire. ESPN would have us believe everything is race related even though the sport in question is predominately African American. Go to a stadium you have white guys wearing black guys jerseys and vice versa.

Someone write ESPN a letter we need to create a

Jason Sehorn rule for potential white cornerback candidates.

Sully got pissed at Cam for not elaborating on this question:

" Do you believe that the stereotype still exists that Black mobile quarterback can't throw from the pocket?"

That was Sullivan? Mike & Mike on ESPN played it and were discussing it but I didn't catch a name. My thought on hearing it was "What an a$$!"

Yep. Made it a pre-Super Bowl story.

Sully actually took the harder road. Most journalists just used those quotes to not-so-subtly call Cam detractors racists.

Not exactly breaking . . . .

Nevertheless, Sully asked what he presumably already was planning on writing about -- as he usually does. Cam Newton was within his rights to respond the way he did and, in fact, had the better of the exchange.

In the end, Sully is Sullen as usual . . . .

One thing I've never seen on Cam Newton is a sheepish smile. Way to turn a phrase jerry.

I didn't click the link, but the .gif I watched on twitter, Cam's smile looked more wolfish to me. As though Sully were a DB he'd love to stiff-arm, but he's too well behaved to stiff arm at a press conference.

But if there were a charity basketball game, I bet Cam would collude with Luke Kuechly to run picks and throw an elbow or six LOL.

Two weeks ago he called Kathryn Smith a "glorified secretary"

I bet the admins at TBN just love him.

You have got to be kidding me. So why didn't Sully simply ask Cam to explain his comment from a week ago? I can't believe anyone is defending this asshat.

And that's the key point. Cam's statement was certainly worthy of questioning and a request for elaboration. But Sully's approach isn't to ask questions in order to elucidate. It's to be argumentative. He quite simply an opinion writer, and not an investigative reporter. But he desperately wants to be an investigative reporter, but lacks the basic skills to be one (namely: gathering, synthesizing, and coherently presenting sourced information). Thus he approaches it as an opinion writer, mistakes his opinionated questioning as "hard-hitting," and tries to put people on the spot by being obnoxious, patronizing, and basically stupid.

I'm sure our own starting black, mobile QB is quite impressed and can't wait for more Sully next season. Hopefully TT throws a laser TD from the pocket, and in his post game presser asks Sully for his thoughts. And then forces him to elaborate.

Maybe EJ can toss a laser into the press tent during preseason and knock his f'n glasses off spill his scotch and knock his medication out of his trembling hand all at once. EJ really does have a purpose as a Buffalo Bill i want everyone to know.

If he nailed that pass he should go on the Wall

Sounded like a real piece of work...

you means Sullivan of course.

He should be drug tested and then be forced to run for Rush Limbaugh's hydrocodone tablets

The ones Rush spills while shoveling them Jerry can keep.

I was an indifferent Cam Newton non-fan/fan. I am now a giant fan of his after Jerry Sullivan pooped the bed.

Jerry, time to retire. Buffalo News, time to fire.

Cam, please win by 40.

me too.

nice retort indeed.

and sullivan has no perspective where he even was.

ooh Cam started it !!!!

seriously?

Two weeks ago he called Kathryn Smith a "glorified secretary"

Like i said, a forty watt light bulb and a bottle of cheap scotch

Edited by 3rdand12

Even though Cam had already been through it a million times with other reporters?

Too bad Neil Armstrong died or Sully might be able to ask him what the moon is like.

No, he'd question whether that was really Armstrong on the moon and tell him to prove it.

What a douchebag! Can the Buffalo News please fire this hack already?!

Commenting here will have no impact. Contact the News and complain.

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright

No, he'd question whether that was really Armstrong on the moon and tell him to prove it.

Commenting here will have no impact. Contact the News and complain.

Yeah, I know. It's equivalent to people who piss and moan about politics or certain politicians on Facebook, it does no good. Time to go to TBN and start complaining to them about this hack.

Edited by Jerry Jabber