Congrats to Wade Phillips

major

From unemployed to super bowl with Denver. Wade has always been an excellent defensive coordinator. He may not have always been the best head coach but he is the last coach we had take us to the playoffs. Congrats Wade! And yes, I would take him over Rex.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Wade. I DVRed the game and am about to start it now but I heard they beat up on *marsha the cheater pretty good so that makes me smile.

The Bills winning the Super Bowl is the only thing that could make me happier than I was driving home from Vegas and listening to the last 8 minutes in the car.

I scared the fam a couple times on the 4th down stops but oh well ha

On another note. Wade got no love this year for job openings and both times hr was a head coach he fell on his sword for assistants and lost his job prematurely. I think he can get a ring as a HC!

From unemployed to super bowl with Denver. Wade has always been an excellent defensive coordinator. He may not have always been the best head coach but he is the last coach we had take us to the playoffs. Congrats Wade! And yes, I would take him over Rex.

and knows how to properly transition from a 43 to a 34

Wade is a major factor in their success. He called a great, great game today against New England. I can't stand the Broncos franchise but I'll be rooting for Wade as a person.

definitely put the clamps on the short passing game

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I think the Broncos have a chance in the SB. I feel like they can win if the D is lights out and Wade has a plan for Cam which I think he will. I think Panthers will win but it'll be a good game

The Panthers have a pretty good defense. I don't know if Manning can gut it out for four quarters.

I was lucky enough to meet Wade at an NFLUK draft event a couple of years ago. He is an absolutely first class gentleman and an outstanding communicator - that was the thing that really struck me. In a room of a couple of hundred Brits with mixed levels of expertise in football he was able to explain in 20 minutes the fundamental principles of his defense in a way that everyone understood well enough to relay calls back to him in a little role play session at the end.

In trying to transition from a 4-3 to a 3-4 I imagine if you start by doing that simple explanation with your players they start with the thought that "this isn't that difficult I can pick this up." Then you can build the more complex stuff on top. But his defense is fundamentally simple and that is why it has always been effective it doesn't clutter players' minds.

Congrats to Wade. I DVRed the game and am about to start it now but I heard they beat up on *marsha the cheater pretty good so that makes me smile.

Brady got his ass kicked up and down the field. He is going to be in a huge amount of pain for some time.

If Rex was watching the game he must have been confused, because the defensive tackles were not covering wide receivers.

Big time congrats to Wade, a class act indeed.

If Rex was watching the game he must have been confused, because the defensive tackles were not covering wide receivers.

He actually tried to claim last week that the reason that was happening in the first Pats game was that he was trying to run Schwartz's defense..... I mean the brass neck cheek of the man. At no point did Schwartz, whatever anyone thinks of him, have Dareus dropping into coverage on slot receivers or Jerry Hughes running down the sideline trying to cover Gronk.

Edited by GunnerBill

He actually tried to claim last week that the reason that was happening in the first Pats game was that he was trying to run Schwartz's defense..... I mean the brass neck cheek of the man. At no point did Schwartz, whatever anyone thinks of him, have Dareus dropping into coverage on slot receivers or Jerry Hughes running down the sideline trying to cover Gronk.

he is a fool. Wade lets his players rush the passer and they played up on the receivers most of the time. They had Gronk covered by sometimes three guys. The had Von Miller wide and using his speed to get around the tackles with no thoughts of dropping DL into coverage. Maybe if areas let his players utilize their skills instead of forcing them into some weird scheme he would have had better success. Also note the pa there defense how they had 6 or more guys right at the LOS and the DBs are in tight coverage.