Congrats to Wade Phillips

major

From unemployed to super bowl with Denver. Wade has always been an excellent defensive coordinator. He may not have always been the best head coach but he is the last coach we had take us to the playoffs. Congrats Wade! And yes, I would take him over Rex.

Amen

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady got his ass kicked up and down the field. He is going to be in a huge amount of pain for some time.

If Rex was watching the game he must have been confused, because the defensive tackles were not covering wide receivers.

Big time congrats to Wade, a class act indeed.

There were lots of 3 man rushes by Denver where both Miller and Ware dropped into coverage. Denver mixed it up with the rush and in the secondary.

The Denver defense played great all day. If the Broncos offense can wake up and do some damage, the SB could be close.

Peyton missed several open passes/touchdowns. Unless he corrects that, which I don't anticipate, I don't see them winning. And I'm pulling for them.

Peyton missed several open passes/touchdowns. Unless he corrects that, which I don't anticipate, I don't see them winning. And I'm pulling for them.

I saw a couple of perfect throws that should have been TD's also. Broncs O didn't have a great game, but the D won it. Carolina has youth on its side.....but, I can't see a clear winner here. If Denver has their front line players....some got hurt Sunday....they will be very competitive. Carolina was great yesterday...but, we will see on the biggest football stage in a couple of weeks.

and knows how to properly transition from a 43 to a 34

definitely put the clamps on the short passing game

Also because wade is smart enough to switch from a read react two gap to one gap scheme- unlike buddy's boyz. That d line wasn't waiting for anything. They attacked a gap at the snap and brutalized Brady. Wade is another in a growing list of coaches I believe would have made last seasons d elite instead of 20th

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/1/27/7922019/the-wade-phillips-3-4

Also because wade is smart enough to switch from a read react two gap to one gap scheme- unlike buddy's boyz. That d line wasn't waiting for anything. They attacked a gap at the snap and brutalized Brady. Wade is another in a growing list of coaches I believe would have made last seasons d elite instead of 20th

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/1/27/7922019/the-wade-phillips-3-4

Ryan used mostly a 1 gap strategy this season.

The biggest difference between the defenses, IMO, is personnel and complexity. Wade's defense is easy to learn and he has two natural 3-4 OLBs in Ware and Miller. It actually sets up perfectly for what he is trying to do.

Edited by vincec

I saw a couple of perfect throws that should have been TD's also. Broncs O didn't have a great game, but the D won it. Carolina has youth on its side.....but, I can't see a clear winner here. If Denver has their front line players....some got hurt Sunday....they will be very competitive. Carolina was great yesterday...but, we will see on the biggest football stage in a couple of weeks.

At the least I'm hoping for a competitive game.

Loved that game even though it was a defensive struggle!

I do believe Bill Belichick walked up to Wade after the game and said "you called great game".

Great stuff and it would have been some unreal grief from Pats fans to other NFL fans had Brady won that 5th ring. This game made my year.

Wade has always been on my short list of guys I would want if I needed someone to scheme a defense for a single game/opponent. What he did with Atwater, Smith, and an aging Mecklenburg to stymie Kelly and the K-Gun in the '91 AFC championship game was a thing of beauty to anyone that appreciates defense.

I won't be the least bit surprised if he schemes a defense to hand Newton his ass.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Wade has always been on my short list of guys I would want if I needed someone to scheme a defense for a single game/opponent. What he did with Atwater, Smith, and an aging Mecklenburg to stymie Kelly and the K-Gun in the '91 AFC championship game was a thing of beauty to anyone that appreciates defense.

I won't be the least bit surprised if he schemes a defense to hand Newton his ass.

GO BILLS!!!

Jimmys and Joes over X's and O's. Panthers will win.

Jimmys and Joes over X's and O's. Panthers will win.

Agree 100% of the time that players always trump scheme. It's a player's league, after all. But I still like Wade's ability to put his players in the best position to succeed and, as I said, I wouldn't be surprised if the Denver D dishes up another gem like yesterday. For the next two weeks they are gonna keep reading about the unstoppable juggernaut that is Cam Newton and the Panthers.

I seem to recall another game in another time when a prohibitive favorite came off a resounding victory in a conference championship game only to lose the big one. I'll be interested to see how Newton and the rest handle the bright spotlight.

GO BILLS!!!

Agree 100% of the time that players always trump scheme. It's a player's league, after all. But I still like Wade's ability to put his players in the best position to succeed and, as I said, I wouldn't be surprised if the Denver D dishes up another gem like yesterday. For the next two weeks they are gonna keep reading about the unstoppable juggernaut that is Cam Newton and the Panthers.

I seem to recall another game in another time when a prohibitive favorite came off a resounding victory in a conference championship game only to lose the big one. I'll be interested to see how Newton and the rest handle the bright spotlight.

GO BILLS!!!

I'd be surprised because the Panthers have the Horses upfront who will prevent the Broncos' front seven from dominating the football game. The Patriot OL was simply overmatched yesterday and that will not be the case in two weeks.