Ed Reed to join Bills coaching staff

YoloinOhio

Oh please let this happen.

I am hoping that when one of the DBs gets a boneheaded penalty for taunting or whatever, and they have to come off the field to face the disgusted look on Ed Reed's face, maybe, just maybe, they will wake up and realize what childish idiots they are for getting those penalties.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ryanlasal

Now hearing that Ed Reed is a very real candidate to join the Bills staff to replace Henderson #billsfanatics

Can he draw unsportsmanlike penalties against the opposition?

The role of the assistant coach in the NFL is changing.

I remember reading how it used to drive Magic Johnson and Larry Bird insane when they (irrationally) couldn't understand why their players they were coaching couldn't think fast enough to make the right decisions. Magic quit pretty early on. Bird was a pretty good coach but it was very hard for him to deal with players not as good as him.

Don't you think its important to note that Byrd and Magic weren't free throw coaches first?

This is pretty exciting to me; I am not really sure why. Who knows if he can coach or not. This is going to sound stupid (but honest) I guess part of my excitement would be seeing Ed Reed in Bills gear.

Aint a thing stupid about that. My dream was to see Mario Williams in bil... well, dreams sometimes come to fruition

He will hold these guys accountable. Sounds good to me! Can we get Ray Lewis at LB coach?

I would pass all the way the hell out. Calling them warriors and soldiers. Can i get an amen from the church of Lewis. And maybe JO to come in and coach the o-line

Many pointing out about Reed not having much experience as a coach, at his level of a db assistant or what. It he would be helpful in breaking what's happening and technique. Not calling or scheme in real time game situations. Only coaching up specifics

I'll admit it when i'm wrong but there is no way in hell that ER will coach. First and foremost he has never coached. Transition from athlete to coach is difficult for many. I think he has commentator aspirations.

I just want to reiterate that this is not a rumor that's been uttered/confirmed/discussed/reiterated anywhere save a tweet from a low-level radio guy in Rochester.

Rumor on Twitter AND a message board?? That's double confirmation!!