Rob Ryan joining Bills staff

FluffHead

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not happy about this at all.

That said, since I am an optimistic person, here is the glass half full viewpoint. If it doesn't work, the Bills will be either similar or worse on defense than last year and chances are Rex is fired and gone even sooner. If it does work or doesn't hurt and the Bills defense is substantially better I'm happy to be wrong.

+1

First off, the man's been fired twice for being a joke on the defensive side of the ball.

Second, what organizations allow people to hire family like this? Seriously, who signed off on this?

This is an absolute joke

The Pegulas are extremely smart. Here's why: twins can generally know what the other is thinking or feeling at any time. T-Pegs knew Rob Ryan would land a head coaching or coordinator job in the next few months (he's a hotter commodity than Marrone even). So by hiring Rob Ryan, they have safeguarded themselves from Rob being on another team and knowing what plays Rex would be calling. It would be a nightmare trying to beat your own twin. Problem solved. Welcome aboard Rob.

only question remains - can the Pegulas hire two coaches of the same bloodline to coach in the same city?

Second, what organizations allow people to hire family like this? Seriously, who signed off on this?

The kind of organization that delegates rather than micromanages. Then lets their people do the jobs their delegated to do, until they prove they can't.

It's not a bad system, except you usually end up spending a bit of time weeding out !@#$s.

Rob has not been great at DC. What about as a position coach?

Working with family is tough in any setting. Throw In the high stakes of the NFL and this seems like it could go very wrong.

My knee jerk reaction is Rex is like 'F' it. If I have one more year to be a HC I am going to have my brother with me. Rob gets a job and Rex has one guy he knows he can trust w him.

When a guy like Rob comes available you just have to go for it. I mean teams were beating down his door ready to hand him DC jobs....

The Bills staff now includes crony Jeff Weeks -- for those who read Collision Low Crossers -- was described as barely breathing and useless and now brother Rob...who's basic function will likely be doing the daily keg check.....

The frat is in full swing - Delta Tau Bills.....