One Take Home From this Season - what's yours?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Offense a pleasant surprise. Really enjoy watching Tyrod - hope he continues to develop. Hope Karlos can stay healthy. Hope we can find a decent #2 WR. Sign Cordy and Richie and find a couple more OLs and we are going to be tough to stop on O.

This team is close, closer than it's been before. Yet we still have some things we need to improve on. Including TE depth, the O-line and WR depth. I have to think the defense is going to improve next year whether because Whaley will bring in the players that better fit Rex's scheme or maybe the players we keep buy into it. As I think today's performance by the D as good as we've seen all year considering who was playing. If we are going to go more 3-4 then we need a NT and anyone who thinks Kyle Williams can fill that role is sadly mistaken.

Mine is I'm appalled by the number of injuries we have had. I hope the Bills put together a off-season team to really drill deep into it and determine a cause. Our training staff? Our conditioning program? Our turf? What?

Mine was that it was nice to have a playmaking QB who also didn't kill you with mistakes.

I'd like to say it hasn't been 20 years since we had one of those........but the closest exception to 1995 Jim Kellly was the 1998 Doug Flutie......who finished off the season by turning the ball over 5 times in the wildcard game in Miami.

It really has been a LONG time.

That actually trumps Rex destroying this season by ineffectively forcing his system on the personnel at the expense of a playoff trip.

My take is that we were in the best position this team has been in years and Rex blew it. With the talent on this team we should have been 11-5 and headed to the post season.

It's going to take some roster magic to help this team get over the hump. Next year we have a tougher schedule. I am pleased with Tyrod's development. He truly surprised me with his ability. If he and Sammy can develop better chemistry, we may have the explosive offense we were hoping for.

Clay disappointed. The defense disappointed with Darby being the lone surprise. I think Graham regressed. Gilmore needs to stay healthy and McLovin made some bad mistakes. The linebackers were bad. Brown and Bradham showed so much promise in 2014 but were poorly positioned in Rex's scheme and it cost us.

The entire D-Line was woeful with the exception of a few good Hughes and Dareus plays. Mario was a no-show and we had no depth.

Take #2 is that we need a better medical and conditioning staff. Ever since Rusty Jones said goodbye, the Bills have had way too many injuries. We need to get some good people in here and get healthy for 2016.

If Rex learns from his mistakes and Whaley makes a few good moves, we may get 10-11 wins and the playoffs. If Rex continues the bad coaching and sticks with Thurman as DC we are looking at 6-7 wins.

0-5 record against teams with 10+ wins

1-5 record against playoff teams.

Bills are very far from winning a playoff game let alone a championship. After 6 years of Whaley's input at a senior level its pretty clear he can't build an average playofff team.

Edited by PlayoffsPlease

The bully was never built.

Um. Well. In my experience, a bully is a guy who swaggers around and beats up on anyone who is smaller, weaker, or shows fear, but who backs down and disappears if you kick him hard and first or lead him to think you're bigger and tougher.

Some might say the Bills kind of fit that description this season.