Drafting Connor Cook in the first would be criminal

Billsfans,

I am satisfied enough with Tyrod that I don't think we need to waste a first on a QB. Cook is showing he is not going to live up to a 1st Round pick.

I say it's time to revamp the D. Since Rex is getting his shot, the only thing we can do is find his guys and roll with it.

If the axe falls on the D again then Pegs has no choice but to give Rex the boot (personally I wish it happened this year)

But to me there is no QB worth the trouble of wasting a #1 on.

My draft goes

#1 LB or DE (BPA)

#2 DE or LB (BPA)

#3 WR

#4 OT

#5 DE

#6 CB

#7 WR

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love bowl season. It's the time of year where casual fans watch a player in one game and try to sum up his entire career. I hope our scouting department has enough competence to base their player evaluations on an entire body of work but I'm weird like that.

We have too many needs to draft a QB anywhere on the first 2 days. We have to revamp the entire defense now because of Rex. If anything we will get a project guy in the 5th or later

These developmental QBs that everyone always wants turn out to be backups/cut...honestly it's a waste of a pick. You have the first round and the maybe top of round 2, after that...garbage. I know Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th, fine; even a blind squirrel finds a nut once or twice. Fact is 99% these guys turnout to be nothing...

I love bowl season. It's the time of year where casual fans watch a player in one game and try to sum up his entire career. I hope our scouting department has enough competence to base their player evaluations on an entire body of work but I'm weird like that.

Boom. Once again can count on Bangarang for some perspective. Alabama's defense is silly good. I wasn't tremendously impressed with Cook tonight, but he did make some decent throws and seems to have good awareness in pocket. He also throws a nice ball. Again, haven't made my mind up about Cook but I trust our talent evaluators to make good draft decisions.

exactly, one game and your a bust

We have too many needs to draft a QB anywhere on the first 2 days. We have to revamp the entire defense now because of Rex. If anything we will get a project guy in the 5th or later

would just be a wasted pick, go early or not at alll

I've seen him a few games and he is not going to be better than Tyrod for at least 4-5 years if ever. Tonight was big time pressure and he did not deliver.

These developmental QBs that everyone always wants turn out to be backups/cut...honestly it's a waste of a pick. You have the first round and the maybe top of round 2, after that...garbage. I know Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th, fine; even a blind squirrel finds a nut once or twice. Fact is 99% these guys turnout to be nothing...

Tom Brady is in fact an anomaly, but to say it *has* to be 1st to top 2nd would be false, IMHO. Please see: Brees, Dalton, Russ Wilson, Kaep, Cousins, Montana, Romo, Fitz (I know but Jets are getting it done with him), etc

If the Bills like a guy, take the guy. God forbid they actually develop their own QB.

Yup. Since we're talking about the QB position you also better be prepared to take him one round earlier than you actually project him because a chances are he won't be there where you slotted him.

This goes for any QB...

Yup. Since we're talking about the QB position you also better be prepared to take him one round earlier than you actually project him because a chances are he won't be there where you slotted him.

This goes for any QB...

This is the reason that Whaley and Nix never drafted a QB early until EJ. They don't want to "reach" for players just because they have a need at that position, but you have to realize that you almost always "reach" for QBs because they are so in demand. Whaley needs to take Bill Polian's advice when he said that no pick is too early to take a QB if you think that he might be a legitimate NFL starter.

Unless the Bills still believe in EJ as a legitimate NFL QB they need to take a QB somewhere in the first 3 rounds. QB is the most important position on the team and backup QB is the second most important, especially with a guy like Tyron and his injury risk.

You certainly cannot blame last night's blowout on Cook. His OLine couldn't do anything against their front 7 (most lines can't). There were also some drops by his WRs.

However, I wouldn't touch him in the first round for one reason and one reason only....A senior QB with the most starts in the schools history at that position and he still wasn't chosen to be one of the Captains for the season. That is a major red flag in my opinion as he either doesn't have that kind of respect from his coaches and / or his teammates.

Goff looks fantastic and I need to see more of Lynch to make my call on him, but those are the only 2 I consider in the first round at this time.

For us, it's clear we need LB, DLine, WR help the most IMO. Hopefully we can handle some of that in FA. I'd love us to draft either a stud MLB or another great WR in the first. Jack may still be there with his injury and Tredwell would be my WR of choice right now.

Edited by Mark80

Billsfans,

I am satisfied enough with Tyrod that I don't think we need to waste a first on a QB. Cook is showing he is not going to live up to a 1st Round pick.

I say it's time to revamp the D. Since Rex is getting his shot, the only thing we can do is find his guys and roll with it.

If the axe falls on the D again then Pegs has no choice but to give Rex the boot (personally I wish it happened this year)

My draft goes

#1 LB or DE (BPA)

#2 DE or LB (BPA)

#3 WR

#4 OT

#5 DE

#6 CB

#7 WR

I don't watch college football so I have no specific opinion on any guy. My only issue with your needs in the rounds is that I think a QB should be drafted every year. If you have a franchise guy then wait until the later rounds, maybe you find a Brady, if you need a guy or may need a guy like us, then you get one in rounds 2-4, maybe you get an Andy Dalton. The position is too important in today's game to not get one each year. That is especially true if we are getting rid of EJ as most suspect.

To be fair, I've had him as a 3rd rounder since there was talk about him declaring last year.

I've seen very little in the past few months to change my mind on that, not sure he has any more room to grow.

Billsfans,

My draft goes

#1 LB or DE (BPA)

#2 DE or LB (BPA)

#3 WR

#4 OT

#5 DE

#6 CB

#7 WR

How have you determined this?