Drafting Connor Cook in the first would be criminal

The Bills have drafted unsuccessfully their next franchise QB....From Todd Collins to EJ Manuel they have tried different approaches to drafting and have not been successful. I don't understand why we cannot pick someone's backup and attempt to make them your Franchise QB. The Packers did it with Favre; The Cardinals are doing now with Palmer.

They've only drafted 4 QBs since Kelly left. Favre is the exception to the rule, and Taylor is no Favre. The vast majority of Super Bowl winning QBs were drafted by their teams.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the reason that Whaley and Nix never drafted a QB early until EJ. They don't want to "reach" for players just because they have a need at that position, but you have to realize that you almost always "reach" for QBs because they are so in demand. Whaley needs to take Bill Polian's advice when he said that no pick is too early to take a QB if you think that he might be a legitimate NFL starter.

Unless the Bills still believe in EJ as a legitimate NFL QB they need to take a QB somewhere in the first 3 rounds. QB is the most important position on the team and backup QB is the second most important, especially with a guy like Tyron and his injury risk.

There can't be any possible way they see anything in E.J. moving forward, is there? I held out hope for him, but saw all I needed to see against Jacksonville. Cut him and move on, and find someone else.

As for Cook, I think his draft stock fell dramatically the last few games. I loved him going into the season, but now, not so much.

I like Cook but his last bowl game was concerning and there are issues there. I think he has first round credentials but I'm not pulling that trigger if I'm Whaley. Now, Wentz is intriguing and may be there in the second.

Cook is another Nassib. Early first round grades but should not be taken until the 3rd or 4th.