Deactivate Mario??

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would go a long way in showing the team accountability. If u don't want to cover ur rush lanes, and don't feel like contributing in any way other than complaining to the media, sit in the press box. I don't want the guy in my locker room .

It makes no odds now anyway does it? He is playing his last game as a Bill next week. As much as I like Mario and think Rex has totally misused and mismanaged him he quit on the season after the game in London. That is not acceptable and I am not giving that kind of guy $18m next season.

I tried to "isolate" on Mario today with the Bills on D (as best I could with the regular network game feed ... the All 22 will tell the full story later this week). He is still dropping into coverage a significant portion of the time. I don't know why I thought it, but somehow I had thought that Rex might've just unleashed him, a kind of "Mario, you want to be free to roam, show me what you can do." But no. Rex is too stubborn for that. Or maybe too afraid of what would happen? But Mario's critics also have a point - even when he was rushing it was mostly half-assed rushing. Not maximum effort, to the whistle ...

The Hoody*** and some others would have cut him weeks ago. That is what well run ( although cheating) franchises do.

if anyone watched him today, he barely went through the motions except a play or two. jarius Wynn

If healthy can do that for a fraction of what Mario makes.

F6

I tried to "isolate" on Mario today with the Bills on D (as best I could with the regular network game feed ... the All 22 will tell the full story later this week). He is still dropping into coverage a significant portion of the time. I don't know why I thought it, but somehow I had thought that Rex might've just unleashed him, a kind of "Mario, you want to be free to roam, show me what you can do." But no. Rex is too stubborn for that. Or maybe too afraid of what would happen? But Mario's critics also have a point - even when he was rushing it was mostly half-assed rushing. Not maximum effort, to the whistle ...

IMO Rex has been saying in his own unique way. I am the boss, do what I want. The 100 million dollar man says FU.

The Hoody*** and some others would have cut him weeks ago. That is what well run ( although cheating) franchises do.

if anyone watched him today, he barely went through the motions except a play or two. jarius Wynn

F6

Yeah cutting a guy who was one year removed from being an all pro would be an awesome move. Every player on the defense is underachieving. I wonder why.

F6

Agreed ... I saw the same thing today. A lot of quitting on plays, and it was obvious when you compared his effort to Lawson (who played hard right till he had to go out with an injury) and Hughes.

It makes no odds now anyway does it? He is playing his last game as a Bill next week. As much as I like Mario and think Rex has totally misused and mismanaged him he quit on the season after the game in London. That is not acceptable and I am not giving that kind of guy $18m next season.

Sounds about right. What a waste!

Yeah cutting a guy who was one year removed from being an all pro would be an awesome move. Every player on the defense is underachieving. I wonder why.

C biscuit, players are accountable for their terrible play -- or should be, especially when making $20 million a season. Outside of a bizarre vulture sack on Bradford, Williams has zero tackles in the last 3 weeks despite playing nearly every play (he does have 2 assists). Manny Lawson makes plays. Stefan Charles makes plays. hughes makes plays. The difference is that they actually try and refrain from bitching.

Edited by dave mcbride

C biscuit, players are accountable for their terrible play -- or should be, especially when making $20 million a season. Outside of a bizarre vulture sack on Bradford, Williams has zero tackles in the last 3 weeks despite playing nearly every play (he does have 2 assists). Manny Lawson makes plays. Stefan Charles makes plays. hughes makes plays. The difference is that they actually try and refrain from bitching.

Yep. The first 5/6 weeks up until the Jags game I thought Mario was trying but being misused. Since then he has given up which is why other guys even being misused are making plays and he isn't.

We know why. Does that give until recently the highest paid DE reason to simply Quit because he doesn't like his new role? No matter how stupid it is. Would you rather see him go and try to compete or just stand there which he almost does? the Bills suck as it is. Playing with virtually 10 players isn't scoring Mario any new suitors. he is a quitter and in team sports they always are frowned on. especially as the highest paid player on the team.

Even when he was lined up and a play called to rush the passer. His best asset, he either did not or simply went through the motions. With a single blocker easily taking him out. The teams know this. he is worse than starting a scrub IMO. I doubt any team actually game plans for his " elite" skills. best of luck to him in the future. he is a pampered turd and brings zero to a team first game.