Deactivate Mario??

For those on Twitter, it is hard to copy and paste it but there was a back and forth between Rob Quinn who is throwing up a lot of Mario vines and stats, and Thurman Thomas started replying. The gist is that Thurman insinuating there is much more going on behind the scenes with Mario than anyone knows.

So thruman shouldn't even say that. IMO if it's health related sit him. if it is attitude sit him. Not hard

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So thruman shouldn't even say that. IMO if it's health related sit him. if it is attitude sit him. Not hard

His tweet, after commenting on his poor effort in a vine:

https://vine.co/v/iqjQhj0AhDA

Stay in your gap Mario. Oh, and good thing Rex dropped 95 into covg. Chased down Mariota for gain of just 8

CXe8URXWwAUvRgG.jpg
CXe8VgWW8AAS6Cp.jpg
CXe8WNRWMAASylv.jpg
CXe8W8SWMAAHXWo.jpg

Thurman Thomas @thurmanthomas 57m57 minutes ago

@RQUINN619 vs a TE

More--

Rob Quinn @RQUINN619 2h2 hours ago

Watching Mario Williams' snaps to understand displeasure w/ scheme. Thru 1st 4 games, charted 298 snaps. dropped just 8x (2.6%) (1/2)

Rob Quinn @RQUINN619 1h1 hour ago

Rob Quinn Retweeted chris jackson

Until 3rd qtr wk5 Mario was a traditional edge rusher, had 2 sack, 4 hits, 11 hurries. In 9 gm since, 2/2/10

Rob Quinn @RQUINN619 2h2 hours ago

Rob Quinn Retweeted DM

Thru 4.5 gms it's talent IMO. Not using hands/doesn't bend like he did. Also not maintaining gap responsibilities

Rob Quinn @RQUINN619 1h1 hour ago

Scheme is the problem 1f914.pnghttps://vine.co/v/iqjEZhzrvEn

Edited by YoloinOhio

For those on Twitter, it is hard to copy and paste it but there was a back and forth between Rob Quinn who is throwing up a lot of Mario vines and stats, and Thurman Thomas started replying. The gist is that Thurman insinuating there is much more going on behind the scenes with Mario than anyone knows.

John wawrow hinted on this on here. Saying the issue going on was with a player who won't be here next year.

His tweet, after commenting on his poor effort in a vine:

https://vine.co/v/iqjQhj0AhDA

Stay in your gap Mario. Oh, and good thing Rex dropped 95 into covg. Chased down Mariota for gain of just 8

CXe8URXWwAUvRgG.jpg
CXe8VgWW8AAS6Cp.jpg
CXe8WNRWMAASylv.jpg
CXe8W8SWMAAHXWo.jpg

Thurman Thomas ‏@thurmanthomas 57m57 minutes ago

@RQUINN619 vs a TE

More--

Rob Quinn ‏@RQUINN619 2h2 hours ago

Watching Mario Williams' snaps to understand displeasure w/ scheme. Thru 1st 4 games, charted 298 snaps. dropped just 8x (2.6%) (1/2)

Rob Quinn ‏@RQUINN619 1h1 hour ago

Rob Quinn Retweeted chris jackson

Until 3rd qtr wk5 Mario was a traditional edge rusher, had 2 sack, 4 hits, 11 hurries. In 9 gm since, 2/2/10

Rob Quinn ‏@RQUINN619 2h2 hours ago

Rob Quinn Retweeted DM

Thru 4.5 gms it's talent IMO. Not using hands/doesn't bend like he did. Also not maintaining gap responsibilities

Rob Quinn ‏@RQUINN619 1h1 hour ago

Scheme is the problem 1f914.pnghttps://vine.co/v/iqjEZhzrvEn

Clicking through, it seems as if Thurman is really down on Williams.

"If you only knew the real truth" -- tells me there is more than we see, and that makes sense, since what we see doesn't really make sense.

If that makes sense :P

First year 94 was here the Bills ended with 2 divisional games i think. It was the jets and the fish. They Were eliminated from post season and he basically stood there. i saw it and was stunned. So Rex's scheme may contribute but IMO a lot of this falls on Whaley. I would have pulled him off the active list. Paid him and wait it out. This is not the first time this prima donna pulled this. IMO football is not a priorty in his life. What is the point in even suiting him up for Sunday?

First year 94 was here the Bills ended with 2 divisional games i think. It was the jets and the fish. They Were eliminated from post season and he basically stood there. i saw it and was stunned. So Rex's scheme may contribute but IMO a lot of this falls on Whaley. I would have pulled him off the active list. Paid him and wait it out. This is not the first time this prima donna pulled this. IMO football is not a priorty in his life. What is the point in even suiting him up for Sunday?

if you do all that to Mario I'd hate to see what you'd do to Rex!

How does Whaley get responsibility? How does Whaley change the game day roster?

I wonder if it is simply lack of depth. If we had Jarius Wynn for example... I don't know. They are really down to a skeleton crew, and their job is to try to win games. It could also be that they don't want to appear "difficult" to future FAs. Just spitballing of course.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I wonder if it is simply lack of depth. If we had Jarius Wynn for example... I don't know. They are really down to a skeleton crew, and their job is to try to win games. It could also be that they don't want to appear "difficult" to future FAs. Just spitballing of course.

Wynn was a huge loss this year at least he gives effort.

if you do all that to Mario I'd hate to see what you'd do to Rex!

How does Whaley get responsibility? How does Whaley change the game day roster?

Ryan isn't under fire for lack of effort. He just is in over his head. Whaley the GM i doubt would upset rex if he deactivated Mario.

mario IMO is basically insubordinate.The whole,franchise, locker room, on the field performance suffer. he i am pretty sure is out to make someone look bad. besides himself.

Ryan isn't under fire for lack of effort. He just is in over his head. Whaley the GM i doubt would upset rex if he deactivated Mario.

mario IMO is basically insubordinate.The whole,franchise, locker room, on the field performance suffer. he i am pretty sure is out to make someone look bad. besides himself.

no. Mario is not basically insubordinate. He is insubordinate.

Whaley does not have authority at all to make that move. That's just insane to think so; we would get Whaley haters jumping on him for overstepping his role.

I'd rather take someone who has the ability to do their job as a former 2 time all pro than someone who can't do theirs due to being in over their head as a genius in the game.

Wawrow indicated on Twitter that we will know more about Rex once Mario is gone. I keep thinking about that. It seems simple, but makes some sense.

Whaley does not have authority at all to make that move. That's just insane to think so; we would get Whaley haters jumping on him for overstepping his role.

I'd rather take someone who has the ability to do their job as a former 2 time all pro than someone who can't do theirs due to being in over their head as a genius in the game.

So you are OK with keeping a quitter? Just get Mario back in a scheme he prefers and all is well? Just like that, huh? Whatever you say, coach.

GO BILLS!!!

"If you only knew the real truth" -- tells me there is more than we see, and that makes sense, since what we see doesn't really make sense.

If that makes sense :P

So Thurman indicates there's more to the Mario v Rex situation? Or more to the situation on the whole? And what did Wawrow add to further this?

So Thurman indicates there's more to the Mario v Rex situation? Or more to the situation on the whole? And what did Wawrow add to further this?

he indicated there is more to the Mario situation. I don't know what he meant..

wawrow came on TBD and said Mario was the only problem in the locker room as far as being against Rex. He tweeted yesterday that he didn't think we would know anything about Rex until Mario is gone.

he indicated there is more to the Mario situation. I don't know what he meant..

wawrow came on TBD and said Mario was the only problem in the locker room as far as being against Rex. He tweeted yesterday that he didn't think we would know anything about Rex until Mario is gone.

the not knowing anyting about Rex...how? this is the part that confuses me

know anything about what should be expected from the defense? know what kinds of problems he's causing?

Have you ever been in a work environment where a superstar commands special treatment?

Usually in these cases the special treatment only lasts if the star's contribution exceeds the pain and discord that he creates. Now in that vein, why keep Mario beyond January 4th?

Actually this is hurting Rex. As a players coach he is not holding Mario accountable. Any other coach would have sat him down three weeks ago. I don't know what point Rex is trying to make by keeping him for 93%of the snaps.

You asked who plays middle. How about the cornerstone defensive player who isn't on a team, yet is very integral to our success?

Thought you were being sarcastic.

In watching more of the 2014 games it's clear that Spikes was the key loss and difference.

Have you ever been in a work environment where a superstar commands special treatment?

Usually in these cases the special treatment only lasts if the star's contribution exceeds the pain and discord that he creates. Now in that vein, why keep Mario beyond January 4th?

Actually this is hurting Rex. As a players coach he is not holding Mario accountable. Any other coach would have sat him down three weeks ago. I don't know what point Rex is trying to make by keeping him for 93%of the snaps.

In watching more of the 2014 games it's clear that Spikes was the key loss and difference.

No, I'm serious. If you honestly think he was that important, it wouldn't have been hard to keep him on board.

Firmly agree on Rex. Keeping Mario around makes him look even more like a buffoon.

Edited by FireChan

know anything about what should be expected from the defense? know what kinds of problems he's causing?

I, by no means, am speaking for wawrow or with knowledge of anything specific

But, to what I know about wawrow having met him at the openner a few times and having great conversationsmwith him he cannot speak about a lot of stuff or any such speculative thing per AP policy. He can't go on second hand knowledge or anything short of direct information from the players involved.

What I believe he is saying means that Mario and that issue will not become clear until Mario is released. That while wawrow may know the reasons by hearsay or rumor that not has not come from Rex, Whaley or Mario = he can't say anything

Which is interesting. Because wawrow isn't the only one getting this info. He has said he regularly has lunch with timmay and others, including Sullivan. That is why I do pay attention to their articles, they can publish what wawrow can't and have the same exact channels, usually.

If you ever meet wawrow, ask him about the few times he broke some stories. He has a lot of great stories. Great guy. And like the last few years, come September he will have a jar of moonshine

No, I'm serious. If you honestly think he was that important, it wouldn't have been hard to keep him on board.

Firmly agree on Rex. Keeping Mario around makes him look even more like a buffoon.

More than meets the eye with the Brandon Spikes situation.

SPECULATION: He's up to some weird stuff off the field that the organization (and 31 others) believe was more costly than the value of his on-field contributions.

More than meets the eye with the Brandon Spikes situation.

SPECULATION: He's up to some weird stuff off the field that the organization (and 31 others) believe was more costly than the value of his on-field contributions.

But he was on the Pats until he got in that accident, no?

So you are OK with keeping a quitter? Just get Mario back in a scheme he prefers and all is well? Just like that, huh? Whatever you say, coach.

GO BILLS!!!

two wrongs don't make a right.

Cap wise you get a much, much more favorable cap hit keeping him until June 1st. Like $7mm in savings.

And yes I know its extremely rare such a talent is out there. But his talent far exceedes Rex Ryan's by all measures.

Rex Ryan ruined Mario here andmaybe na few others.

both look bad. Both are guilty of bull ****. Rex has put on a much better show. He knows how to appear clean and pretty innthismkind if drama shitfest henmhas known all along. Both are drama queens. Rex has liekly latched on to Mario as a scapegoat.

I'm guessing it's the type of problems MW is causing. We'll find out more later.

I, by no means, am speaking for wawrow or with knowledge of anything specific

But, to what I know about wawrow having met him at the openner a few times and having great conversationsmwith him he cannot speak about a lot of stuff or any such speculative thing per AP policy. He can't go on second hand knowledge or anything short of direct information from the players involved.

What I believe he is saying means that Mario and that issue will not become clear until Mario is released. That while wawrow may know the reasons by hearsay or rumor that not has not come from Rex, Whaley or Mario = he can't say anything

Which is interesting. Because wawrow isn't the only one getting this info. He has said he regularly has lunch with timmay and others, including Sullivan. That is why I do pay attention to their articles, they can publish what wawrow can't and have the same exact channels, usually.

If you ever meet wawrow, ask him about the few times he broke some stories. He has a lot of great stories. Great guy. And like the last few years, come September he will have a jar of moonshine

JW is great.

He was circling in Orchard Park in the summer until Hoodie* signed him. My guess is that after the car accident he was poison to the league and there was probably a silent letter to the game from Roger.

I also think that Rex believed that the LBs on the roster were good enough to execute his defense. He thought wrong.

But my argument is that the main reason that Schwartz defense was so successful was because of Spikes. If the Bills didn't bring back Spikes if Schwartz had stayed, the defense would have been awful.

two wrongs don't make a right.

Cap wise you get a much, much more favorable cap hit keeping him until June 1st. Like $7mm in savings.

And yes I know its extremely rare such a talent is out there. But his talent far exceedes Rex Ryan's by all measures.

Rex Ryan ruined Mario here andmaybe na few others.

both look bad. Both are guilty of bull ****. Rex has put on a much better show. He knows how to appear clean and pretty innthismkind if drama shitfest henmhas known all along. Both are drama queens. Rex has liekly latched on to Mario as a scapegoat.

Sorry, but Rex has had greater success as a coach than Mario as a player.

When the All pro with all universe talent can't help a team win, and then quits on that team,he needs to be shown the door.

He was circling in Orchard Park in the summer until Hoodie* signed him. My guess is that after the car accident he was poison to the league and there was probably a silent letter to the game from Roger.

I also think that Rex believed that the LBs on the roster were good enough to execute his defense. He thought wrong.

But my argument is that the main reason that Schwartz defense was so successful was because of Spikes. If the Bills didn't bring back Spikes if Schwartz had stayed, the defense would have been awful.

Sorry, but Rex has had greater success as a coach than Mario as a player.

When the All pro with all universe talent can't help a team win, and then quits on that team,he needs to be shown the door.

Maybe. Luckily, when you defend the hypothetical coaching staff, you can just pretend that they definitely would've retained him.

I'm guessing it's the type of problems MW is causing. We'll find out more later.

JW is great.

yolo had the quote.

a leader without followers is a man walking alone.

who's following mario?

i do not think anyone is following him. but many would agree, do agree and view his statements as true.

Maybe. Luckily, when you defend the hypothetical coaching staff, you can just pretend that they definitely would've retained him.

I'm bridging the leaps of logic that say that Rex should have simply run Schwartz's defense and everything would have been fine.

If Schwartz had stayed he probably would have insisted that Spikes be retained. Rex thought that he could get by with two lbs who looked decent last year. I'm sure he had his oh &@it moment in week two, but by then it was too late.

I'm bridging the leaps of logic that say that Rex should have simply run Schwartz's defense and everything would have been fine.

If Schwartz had stayed he probably would have insisted that Spikes be retained. Rex thought that he could get by with two lbs who looked decent last year. I'm sure he had his oh &@it moment in week two, but by then it was too late.

I'm not sure we even go after a darby type if we keep running Schwartz D. Schwartz was a ton of zone, with backers filling in those gaps in the running game. Leodis is actually a pretty good zone corner - while darby seems to prefer man coverage.

Also, if people played this crappy in Schwartz scheme, we'd look even worse. We'd give up like 200 yards rushing per game if we tackled this poorly in a wide 9.

Apropos of Thurman's comment--some interesting words from Leodis McKelvin:

“When everybody buys in, that’s when things happen,” he said. “When people aren’t sure with what they want to do, that’s when people are late or they mess up because they’re thinking too much. That’s how it’s been going this year — people don’t want to buy in. People don’t gel together. Half the people buy in, half the people go through the motions with it. You have to go out there and everybody has to be one.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/30/mckelvin-wants-to-stay-with-bills-but/