Ngata and Wilkerson to Buffalo in 2016??

Lenigmusx

I think if Pegula pulls the trigger and makes the moves necessary to get Ngata and Wilkerson then we will get to see if Rex can indeed still coach Defense in the NFL. Both are UFA's and both love Rex. The are perfect fits for his system and if Buffalo can add a couple good MLB's one of which is field general maybe this D will transform.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if Pegula pulls the trigger and makes the moves necessary to get Ngata and Wilkerson then we will get to see if Rex can indeed still coach Defense in the NFL. Both are UFA's and both love Rex. The are perfect fits for his system and if Buffalo can add a couple good MLB's one of which is field general maybe this D will transform.

Pegula? Shouldn't it be Whaley?

If the Bills were somehow able to sign both where would they play on a Dline that with Marcel, Kyle, and Hughes?

Wilkerson is going to get 100mil and or franchised so he isn't coming to Buffalo

Edited by Max997

If the Bills were somehow able to sign both where would they play on a Dline that with Marcel, Kyle, and Hughes?

Wilkerson is going to get 100mil and or franchised so he isn't coming to Buffalo

where have you been the last couple weeks? We are supposedly transitioning to a 3-4. 3 down lineman. Mario has been complaining all season and is most likely going to be released. Kyle is iffy to return as well but they did say they want him back. Hughes will be a hybrid DE/OLB in a 3-4 leaving Dareus as the only starting D-lineman. Not the way I would like but the way it looks to be going.

IF. If we signed ngata and Wilkerson. Wilkerson and dareus are our ends and ngata the NT. I could see the three of them rotating because they all can do basically everything well.

Idea sounds a little Dan-Snyderesque.

That is exactly why this makes me incredibly nervous. This off season will truly expose the Pegs for who they are. We will either have reason to rejoice or reason to mourn! These owners aren't going anywhere for a LONG time!

where have you been the last couple weeks? We are supposedly transitioning to a 3-4. 3 down lineman. Mario has been complaining all season and is most likely going to be released. Kyle is iffy to return as well but they did say they want him back. Hughes will be a hybrid DE/OLB in a 3-4 leaving Dareus as the only starting D-lineman. Not the way I would like but the way it looks to be going.

IF. If we signed ngata and Wilkerson. Wilkerson and dareus are our ends and ngata the NT. I could see the three of them rotating because they all can do basically everything well.

I dont ever remember Dareus playing DE, not that I am right I just dont remember so I cant say if he does that well. I do remembering him dropping into pass coverage this season LOL REX LOL

I dont ever remember Dareus playing DE, not that I am right I just dont remember so I cant say if he does that well. I do remembering him dropping into pass coverage this season LOL REX LOL

he played DE in college and that got him drafted 3rd over all and a few times in the pros (when we had kyle as the NT smh) He can play every line position in a 34 just because he is good at everything and has the size to do it. He excels as a 43 DT that is allowed to rush the passer. Dropping into coverage isn't something he should be doing along with kyle and mario. I don't know whether to shake my head or laugh about the coverage. Edited by Not at the table Karlos

Idea sounds a little Dan-Snyderesque.

No kidding. As we have seen, nothing relaxes a second contract D-lineman like $100 million.

Rex's defenses in his last three seasons in NYJ were mediocre to crappy in points allowed. There are no players who will help Rex. In fact, the Jets D got far better as soon as he and his magic scheme left NJ...

Kyle and Mario will be gone. Unloading those two contracts will free up cap space and Wilkerson is a Rex Ryan guy. Hughes will play OLB. The hard part will be getting Ngata to come to B-lo. Pick up a strong 3/4 captain MLB to run Rex's D. Here it is on paper. I am still not sure Rex will be successful but if he gets this personnel grouping and fails he is done coaching.

Marcel ---- Ngata ---- Wilkerson

Hughes --- Bradham --- ????? --- Brown

A. Williams Graham

Gilmore Darby

Kyle and Mario will be gone. Unloading those two contracts will free up cap space and Wilkerson is a Rex Ryan guy. Hughes will play OLB. The hard part will be getting Ngata to come to B-lo. Pick up a strong 3/4 captain MLB to run Rex's D. Here it is on paper. I am still not sure Rex will be successful but if he gets this personnel grouping and fails he is done coaching.

A. Williams Graham

Gilmore Darby

BTW I hate this and would prefer the Bills keep their current personnel, fire Rex and bring in Schwartz as Head Coach

More money spent on a DL and defense?

Fans are 20-30 years behind the times advocating a strategy to win with defense and more cap dollars toward that side of the ball.

You win with offense, specifically the passing game. Trying to do it any other way is a recipe for failure.

More money spent on a DL and defense?

Fans are 20-30 years behind the times advocating a strategy to win with defense and more cap dollars toward that side of the ball.

You win with offense, specifically the passing game. Trying to do it any other way is a recipe for failure.

Yep... That seems to be the blue print Seattle used Edited by Lenigmusx

Yep... That seems to be the blue print Seatle used

Except that they didn't spend hundreds of millions on defensive linemen who now don't fit the new HC's scheme.

And they never stopped trying to find a QB until they knew they had one.

And they have a GM and HC who are attached at the hip in terms of roster building.

Yep, pretty much the same thing...but different.

Except that they didn't spend hundreds of millions on defensive linemen who now don't fit the new HC's scheme.

And they have a GM and HC who are attached at the hip in terms of roster building.

Tyrod = Russell Wilson. I'll give you the HC-GM relationship but they definitely built Defense first which was your initial philosophical disagreement I thought. You said building Defense first is a 20-30 year old ideology, I believe. Yet, Seattle built Defense first and won the super bowl and have had multiple trips to the big game. Their offense is far from top 5 so I think this supports room for a defense first philosophy in today's NFL. Edited by Lenigmusx

Tyrod = Russell Wilson. I'll give you the HC-GM relationship but they definitely built Defense first which was your initial philosophical disagreement I thought. You said building Defense first is a 20-30 year old ideology, I believe. Yet, Seattle built Defense first and won the super bowl and have had multiple trips to the big game. Their offense is far from top 5 so I think this supports room for a defense first philosophy in today's NFL.

:blink:

In what sweaty, drug-fueled, fantasy is Tyrod anything CLOSE to Seattle's #3???

We had an EXCELLENT defense until Wrecks put his hooks into it... Running off the Schwartz was just ONE bad move in a STRING of TERRIBLE mistakes..

You want to bring in Ngata? -Fine.

Draft DE Shaq Lawson? -Ok.

While defense wins championships, offense is what wins GAMES. -Which get you to champioships... Those 5 TD's Wilson chucked in last week helped that defense alot. :lol: -Why does this team have an aversion to scoring points?????

Edited by #34fan

:bag:

God bless the Czar, may He straighten this mess out. :worthy:

Absolutely. They're both short QBs, can run really fast, and are about the same age. Pretty much the same guy. :doh:

Absolutely. They're both short QBs, can run really fast, and are about the same age. Pretty much the same guy. :doh:

Russell Wilson- rating 111.8

Tyrod Taylor- 101.8

Wilson has some years in a system etc... Tyrod is doing this as a first year starter. QB is not a problem.

If they sign Ngata, Kyle and Dareus both bump out to 2 gap ends, Dareus on the strong side.

I hate Kyle as a 5 or 4i; doesn't have the length to play the position the way Rex likes IMO.

Kyle could play nose in certain situations, but for me he'll always be a guy that belongs playing 3-tech

I'm hearing that the Chargers are hard-up for a true NT as well.. If I'm Ngata, I go with the good weather...

In Baltimore Ngata only rotated over the C's shoulder to play the 0 technique when the NT took a breather. He typically played the 3.

Edited by BarleyNY

In Baltimore Ngata only rotated over the C's shoulder to play the 0 technique when the NT took a breather. He typically played the 3.

Size and experience gives him a ton of versatility when it comes to techniques... Ngata works almost anywhere.

A. Williams Graham

Gilmore Darby

BTW I hate this and would prefer the Bills keep their current personnel, fire Rex and bring in Schwartz as Head Coach

A. Williams Graham

Gilmore Darby

Schwartz got fired twice in the past 5 years because he's an amazing coach then. And he has some super secret formula of defensive scheme that Rex and Thurman just can't grasp, so he's the only guy that can coach it.

Size and experience gives him a ton of versatility when it comes to techniques... Ngata works almost anywhere.

He's on the wrong side of 30.

But every time I read Haloti's name, I shake my head and think Donte Whitner and John McCargo, and the presser where Tom Modrak explained how he had McCargo and Ngata rated the same. :doh:

So if you get those 2 who do you let go on the squad now !

Hughes, & Dareus they just signed to multi year huge contracts for a lot of money so you sign Ngata & sit Dareus & have him only be a depth player ? :wacko:

If Mario isn't happy which he doesn't seem to be then they may bring Wilkerson in but they have others already on the team they need to keep. Gilmore, Glenn & others are priority .

So if you get those 2 who do you let go on the squad now !

Hughes, & Dareus they just signed to multi year huge contracts for a lot of money so you sign Ngata & sit Dareus & have him only be a depth player ? :wacko:

If Mario isn't happy which he doesn't seem to be then they may bring Wilkerson in but they have others already on the team they need to keep. Gilmore, Glenn & others are priority .

Dareus is a 3-4 DE Edited by Lenigmusx