Cordy Glenn Had a Kidney Removed Before Last Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he honestly cleared to play football with one kidney? I mean, I know it's his life and all that, and I don't think we should be paternalistic and tell everyone how to live their lives but.....

People with one kidney lead perfectly healthy lives - estimates are 1 in 750 or so people are born with 1 kidney and most don't know it until they have an xray or ultrasound. But people who are known to have one kidney, because of accident or donation, are usually counseled to avoid injury to the one kidney they have.

Seems like playing a game where behemoths regularly slam you around is not the best practice there?

It's a huge risk I would think. No more toradol for Glenn.

All because he had 17 posts. The 10K crew rule the roost.

emoulds was the ONLY one with a credible source on this topic. One "connected" poster in particular looked really bad in that thread--assuring us over and over it was no big deal.

i'm surprised they let him play again. He'll be fine health wise. I had a kidney removed when I was 4 because of congenital reasons. They gave me a clean bill of health but told my parents I shouldn't go out for football, hockey or dive from a high board (possibility of damaging my remaining kidney).

So one starting tackle just had a kidney removed the other has Crohn's disease. Wow. I can't recall any similar situations off the top of my head in terms of two teammates playing the same or similar positions both having those types of non-football illnesses.

I certainly wish Cordy the best and really hope that by continuing to play football he is not putting himself at risk for grave complications down the road. Can only assume he has good medical advice I guess...pragmatically speaking this has to affect his price in Free Agency. He's higher risk no different than someone who has had knee or concussion issues, for example.

Is it bad to hope this scares other teams away from a big offer?

Glenn has been solidly average this year. But how many O-lineman can they replace in one off season. Again I would not overpay. If they have to overpay then just tag him and make him play on the franchise tag for a year.

Hopefully they get Incognito to sign.

Then target a RT in FA or the draft.

So many holes at LB, NT, DE, #2 WR and #2 TE.... oh man how did it get this bad so quick...

I don't think you can ignore C either. Wood is killing us trying to run the ball up the gut. Watch the tape of him gettng handled against Foreskins on second and third and one form the one. Clearly cost us a TD. Its happened earlier in the year too. "Things are a bit more concerning in the run department. Wood was solid there in 2011 (ranked No. 17 among centers), but if the past three seasons are any indication (No. 32, No. 27, and No. 31 rankings, respectively), Wood might not ever emerge as one of the league's better run-blocking centers." He's gotta go too. Sign Glenn and RI. Hope Mller develops some.. Sign a premier FA RT. We really need a FART on this team!

This! Wow, people were burning emoulds. He was spot on.

Yep. And did anyone else notice that one of the posters in the tread, which was from July 2014, was already rocking the moniker "Tyrod's Tailor"??? Maybe more than one person had inside info.

Yep. And did anyone else notice that one of the posters in the tread, which was from July 2014, was already rocking the moniker "Tyrod's Tailor"??? Maybe more than one person had inside info.

when you change your screen name, the new one shows up as far back as you ever posted. I assume he/she changed it after he was signed.

I don't think you can ignore C either. Wood is killing us trying to run the ball up the gut. Watch the tape of him gettng handled against Foreskins on second and third and one form the one. Clearly cost us a TD. Its happened earlier in the year too. "Things are a bit more concerning in the run department. Wood was solid there in 2011 (ranked No. 17 among centers), but if the past three seasons are any indication (No. 32, No. 27, and No. 31 rankings, respectively), Wood might not ever emerge as one of the league's better run-blocking centers." He's gotta go too. Sign Glenn and RI. Hope Mller develops some.. Sign a premier FA RT. We really need a FART on this team!

Wood lost his ability to anchor and push when he had all the leg issues early in his career.(Including having his leg literally snap while trying to do exactly that)

But the Bills still run the ball ok up the middle when they use one of the bigger backs. It was weird seeing them force McCoy up the middle knowing that Wood can't get a push in the run game and that LeSean would turtle on contact.

Is that as in old FART??!! Well, they had one in Fred Jackson but they cut him.

Right now the oldest FARTs are Kyle Williams and Incognito, both are 32.