Twitter rumors about Bills new structure, fate of Rex/Whaley

YoloinOhio

I hope you are right.

IMO the biggest issue is the lack of real leadership on the football side of things for a long, long time. Fix that first and build the program. All this other chatter about Rex Ryan, Whaley, Mario, Tyrod, etc is just background noise/distractions.

Plug one leak, change a couple things, and others will spring up.

Great point!!

Plus I would argue that this years schedule was much easier than last year & is about as easy of a schedule as humanly possible to get. There is a decent chance that out of the 8 games we play against 2 different divisions(AFC South & NFC East) that not one team from either of the 2 divisions is going to finish over 500. Since the new scheduling format was put out has that ever happened before? All Rex had to do was not screw the defense up & be a decent game manager & this team could of caked walked to 11 wins. When you really break it down like that it truly is a fireable offense.

Agreed and agreed!!

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pegula has shown a few times that "it would look bad" doesn't guide his decision making. Lafontaine with the Sabres is one example. Legendary player hired as team president to great fanfare and gone a few months later. Embracing the tank is another.

IF he comes to the conclusion that Rex or Whaley isn't his guy he won't hesitate to make a move. Billionaires don't become billionaires by sticking with a crappy deal because they are worried about appearances.

Sometimes you are stuck in a crappy situation where you waste $$ either way. The question is which option gets you to a GOOD place faster.

Getting rid of a bunch of pro bowl defensive players that you invested $250 million in to bring in different guys for a coach you're not sure you like.

OR

Biting the bullet and paying the $20 million to get rid of the coach who refuses to use them properly on the field.

Who cares what people think? Do you take financial advice from your broke uncle?

Wouldn't be a bad thing as it may give the Pegulas no choice but to can Rexy.... By the way, who is actually going to watch this game?

No chance for me.

I'm definitely watching, 1st cause it's the Bills and 2nd cause I want to see what TT does... but 3rd cause I want to see and hear the fanbase.

By the way, who is actually going to watch this game?

I will watch Scott. I can't help it.

And I will spend the off season looking at you tube trying to find good blockers, DL and linebackers (the latter is simple, Alabama has 2 great lbs).

Then Spring will arrive, the Bills will draft a defensive back in round 1 and be doomed to failure.

But like I said, I can't help it.

Pegula has shown a few times that "it would look bad" doesn't guide his decision making. Lafontaine with the Sabres is one example. Legendary player hired as team president to great fanfare and gone a few months later. Embracing the tank is another.

IF he comes to the conclusion that Rex or Whaley isn't his guy he won't hesitate to make a move. Billionaires don't become billionaires by sticking with a crappy deal because they are worried about appearances.

Sometimes you are stuck in a crappy situation where you waste $$ either way. The question is which option gets you to a GOOD place faster.

Getting rid of a bunch of pro bowl defensive players that you invested $250 million in to bring in different guys for a coach you're not sure you like.

OR

Biting the bullet and paying the $20 million to get rid of the coach who refuses to use them properly on the field.

Who cares what people think? Do you take financial advice from your broke uncle?

Exactly. This isn't Ralph's team anymore.

OR

Great post and very true!

I think that Dallas is planning to start their 4th string quarterback. Seriously. Rex will not blitz him and will use Jerry Hughes in coverage. The corners will probably play 10-15 yards off the receivers. I also expect 10 penalties and at LEAST 2 wasted time outs.

Jauron was a bad coach, and I do mean a literal horror show. Ryan is worse, and one has to hear his nonsense as well as watch it. It's like a bad dream.

Plus Kellen Moore can't throw a tight spiral more than 15 yards which will even make it more maddening when old fat ass plays his corners 20 yards off the line of scrimmage.

OR

i agree that he won't be worried about the money or short term optics if it means a quicker path to success. However, they aren't "getting rid of a bunch of pro bowl players on the DL that they invest 250 mil in" just because of the scheme. They would be getting rid of 2 of the older ones who take up the most cap, and may have done that anyway to replace with cheaper, younger versions who can replicate or increase the production. I'm not for cutting Kyle necessarily, but I would cut Mario no matter what because he's shown his true colors with lack of accountability, effort, leadership, etc. and his cap hit makes him even more expendable. I just don't see it as keep Rex or keep Mario and Kyle. Dareus and Hughes aren't going anywhere. Edited by YoloinOhio

Tried last year's defense against NE but Brady beat it with quick release

first, sounded like Bills were shocked how NE avoided sacks, but not jamming receivers at los big mistake

The weird thing is how much pressure we got on the Pats in the 2nd game, and it seemed like - ah, finally this defense is clicking.

Then, nothing.

So i bet an expensive steak dinner with my boss that the Bills would be better than 8-8. I looked at it this way. Our D was top 5 and we brought in a defensive genius. On offense, we added a top 10 RB (if not top 5), a very good TE, much improvement at left guard, hopeful improvement at right guard and a good OC. The offense did improve significantly. The defense totally regressed. All Rex had to do was keep Schwartsy and they would be playoff bound. We were lucky to be faced with the weakest NFC division also. Soooo long story short, Rex is the only reason i can see for the team failure. Injuries, sure but who does not have them? The lack of prepapration and discipline only added insult to injury. I would have zero problem with The team moving on from him.