We Need A Real QB

The_Dude

I think this whole thread is ridiculous!! Of all the things to be pissed about today TT is not one. He has had a great season compared to the dreck qbs we have had in the last decade here. The reason we arent going to the playoffs is really bad defensive coaching. Our D was great now it it sucks with the same personnel. The coaches are to blame. why hasnt the offence been better? once again because of bad playcalling at crucial times. Roman is good but he isnt a genius. Once I saw TRENT DILFER win a SB, I realized ANY QB can win a SB. All you need is Great D and good coaching. TT is 100X better than pick6 Dilfer and fully deserves to be back at no1 next year.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the kid makes some plays, and leaves some out there.. but did anyone think our QB was gonna carry the team this season?

we needed an O that could score some points, and that would get us 3 more wins than last year's team got.. nope.. our Taylor led O held up their end - even with the injuries at the skill positions

Who said we was on Big Bens level?

I've always loved the saying, don't come to me with problems without having a solution.

Get rid of Tyrod, okay. What is your definite solution that can guarantee better results? Rookies are a crap shoot. If it was that easy, we would have done it after Kelly.

Tyrod is the best option we have and the best option out there. I'm all for drafting someone and let the best man win. But you make it sound too simple.

PREACH

the kid makes some plays, and leaves some out there.. but did anyone think our QB was gonna carry the team this season?

we needed an O that could score some points, and that would get us 3 more wins than last year's team got.. nope.. our Taylor led O held up their end - even with the injuries at the skill positions

Agreed. Tyrod is not the reason we are not in the playoffs. Horrible Defense and Special Teams and suspect Offensive play calling at critical situations. Agreed that Tyrod has been a slow starter...(Yesterday he had 27 yards passing in the 1st half). He did not have anyone to throw yesterday besides Watkins. Woods has really regressed and with no TEs, this was going to be a stop the other team kind of game and our D came up woefully short

The D puts us in a 21-0 hole early and it is the QB

2 complete of 8 passes. Have you thought that may be part of the problem? Tyrod has yet to prove he can dig a team out of a hole, he himself helped dig.

12 games has been enough for me to turn sour on him.

I think this whole thread is ridiculous!! Of all the things to be pissed about today TT is not one. He has had a great season compared to the dreck qbs we have had in the last decade here. The reason we arent going to the playoffs is really bad defensive coaching. Our D was great now it it sucks with the same personnel. The coaches are to blame. why hasnt the offence been better? once again because of bad playcalling at crucial times. Roman is good but he isnt a genius. Once I saw TRENT DILFER win a SB, I realized ANY QB can win a SB. All you need is Great D and good coaching. TT is 100X better than pick6 Dilfer and fully deserves to be back at no1 next year.

More on his great statistical performance? The stat that counts is W's and L's. He currently has a 6-6 record and most likely to end 6-8.

Blame the coaches, blame the O Line, blame the play calling, blame the O Line, and don't forget to blame the QB.

Give the kid a line, first of all. Second, I'm still waiting for some crossing routes, quick slants, and other play calling that complement Taylor's ability to deliver short passes with touch. Third, if Chad Kelly declares and he's viewed as 3rd or 4th rounder due to maturity issues and smaller body of SEC work, take the kid in the 2nd for good value.

Agreed. Tyrod is not the reason we are not in the playoffs. Horrible Defense and Special Teams and suspect Offensive play calling at critical situations. Agreed that Tyrod has been a slow starter...(Yesterday he had 27 yards passing in the 1st half). He did not have anyone to throw yesterday besides Watkins. Woods has really regressed and with no TEs, this was going to be a stop the other team kind of game and our D came up woefully short

I liked O'Leary's play yesterday. Tyrod was also in a hole because the line has fallen apart, the play calling sucked, and no, he didn't have his best day. But the kid was far from folding or falling apart. Roman's passing scheme is crazy. Everything's vertical and requires 4-5 seconds to develop. That will tax any line, especially one such as ours that is average at best.

"The kid has a line. No vision is what's killing him. If he is truly as good as his stats indicate the hike the ball and throw the damn thing immediately. Don't wait for the rcvr to get wide open. Hit Sammy on his crossing pattern over the middle and don't wait for him get past the middle before you throw it.

Yes, I may a bit harsh today, but so is the team.

Wilson won a Super Bowl thanks to a great defense and great running game. Yes, he's been great the last 4 weeks but I can't say that prior to this spell has he been what I consider above average. I agree with the sentiment that if a guy like Goff or Cook falls to us on draft day we snatch one of them.

So Russell Wilson isnt that good, according to you, and won a SB bc of a great d and runnin game.

Well, since you think TT isn't that good, it sounds like all we have to do is bring back Schwartz to run the D and draft a few good OL for the right side and we should be in the superbowl!!!

So why do you want to get rid of TT again?!?!?

I'm so sick of "Tyrod's not the reason we lost" crap. True, Tyrod has played well enough for us to win games we've lost. But in those games he didn't play well enough to win them. And that's why we will never be good with Tyrod.

Yes, we can beat teams without great QB's like the Texans if everything goes to plan. But when things don't go as planned we don't have a guy who can sling it and win.

I'm watching the Steelers right now. Tyrod is no where near Rothlisberger and he never will be. Tyrod will never be able to out duel Rothlisberger, Brady, Rogers, Brees, Newton, Wilson, and so on...and those are the guys that are always scrapping for the Lombardi.

Tyrod can get us to the playoffs if all things go according to plan. But that's it. We're not winning much else with him.

That is why we don't resign Tyrod, we let him play out next year while the QB we should draft in the 1st or 2nd round sits a year. That HAS to be the plan. If it isn't, then shame on OBD.

Newton is always scrapping for the Lombardi?

Perhaps every team without the QBs you mentioned should just give up?

After next year, they should just let TT go and start whoever you imagine will be our freshly drafted backup QB? This HAS to be the plan?

I'm so sick of "Tyrod's not the reason we lost" crap. True, Tyrod has played well enough for us to win games we've lost. But in those games he didn't play well enough to win them. And that's why we will never be good with Tyrod.

Yes, we can beat teams without great QB's like the Texans if everything goes to plan. But when things don't go as planned we don't have a guy who can sling it and win.

I'm watching the Steelers right now. Tyrod is no where near Rothlisberger and he never will be. Tyrod will never be able to out duel Rothlisberger, Brady, Rogers, Brees, Newton, Wilson, and so on...and those are the guys that are always scrapping for the Lombardi.

Tyrod can get us to the playoffs if all things go according to plan. But that's it. We're not winning much else with him.

That is why we don't resign Tyrod, we let him play out next year while the QB we should draft in the 1st or 2nd round sits a year. That HAS to be the plan. If it isn't, then shame on OBD.

He might not be the "answer", but he certainly has played well enough to make the playoffs this year if the defense hadn't played putrid most of the season.

Obviously he is no where near a finished product but I'm baffled at how a guy with a consistently high QB rating that can make plays with his feet, throws a great deep ball and rarely turns the ball over can be viewed as "the problem".

You realize he hasn't even played a full season of games in the NFL yet...

Edited by matter2003

Tyrod has played well enough for us to win games we've lost. But in those games he didn't play well enough to win them. And that's why we will never be good with Tyrod.

He played well enough for us to win when we have lost. But in games he hasnt played well enough to win, we haven't won. And thats why he isnt good...

Thats deep bruh...

The QB class this tear sucks, none rated in top 50 but some if you think there's 3 first rounders! What ranking system are you reading! Keep TT and draft a QB in mid round and develop him! Patients!

Remember when Geno Smith and Ryan Nassib were sure fire franchise QBs? Boy I do. :doh:

He played well enough for us to win when we have lost. But in games he hasnt played well enough to win, we haven't won. And thats why he isnt good...

Thats deep bruh...

Sounds like sh!t you say when you are higher than high on weed that everyone is like "Whoa man...that's deep!!" But then once you are back to reality you realize that it made no sense then and even less now...lmao