Have you experienced a championship as a fan of another team

YoloinOhio

Have you experienced a championship as a fan?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Have you experienced a championship as a fan of another team?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, which sport?

• NBA
    • NHL
    • MLB
    • College Football
    • College Basketball
    • Soccer
    • Other
    • N/A, I am still waiting

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michigan Hoops 1989, since then 3 appearances in the final game and all losses.

San Francisco Giants 2010, 2012, 2014.

Football is #1 with me. Still waiting for the Bills, and to actually witness Michigan win it all. And no, I do not count 1997, because it was a shared title with Nebraska. I want the whole damn thing!

Never.

I found myself tearing up twice while watching, "The Four Falls of Buffalo." Beebe and Polian's testimony on how linked their SB wins were emotionally to the team and community of Buffalo had me choked up big time.

I'll tell you this...if the Buffalo "football" Bills win a SB in my lifetime, I'll probably sob for 24 hrs straight, for sure fly out to Buffalo for the parade (I'm on the west coast) and spend a week in town taking it all in. Would be the ultimate dream come true.

Love this team. Always have, always will.

LET'S GO BUFFALO

I just saw my Houston Cougars win the conference championship this year. I know it's not the national championship, but it's the farthest a middle of the road team is gonna get any time soon. I've been a fan since I moved here five years ago, it was exciting, but not as exciting as the Bills/Sabres winning it all one glorious day. Probably because it's a mediocre championship at best, I didn't go to the school, and I didn't grow up with the team and became a fan when I was about 20.

Also, I was there when the Bisons won the Governor's Cup in 2004. I know that's minor league, but I was a huge fan, went to about 15-20 games a year, and even watched a lot of games online, so it felt major to me.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

how do people name multiple teams in the same league?

WRT the NFL

My wife is a Saints fan as well as a Bills fan and we lived in Raleigh at the time the Panthers were brought it.

And AFC team and an NFC team. I might get to enjoy a Panthers SB this year.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

The Jays in 92-93 - and I was too young to understand how spoiled we were then.

Yep! I was in high school so really didn't appreciate what it was all about.

2006 Italy World Cup....that was a doozie.

Maybe honorable mention to the recent Canada Olympic hockey golds, that was a big deal as a country, but not really applicable at the team level.

A Bills Superbowl would be insane as it would only apply to a smaller group of us like minded individuals. I hope we all get to see it someday.

I live in St. Louis now, so the Cardinals have been a nice team to follow. Also, the Rams were fun to watch when they were going to Super Bowls. I am still a Yankees fan, and I consider myself a Syracuse fan forever. So I've had some joy on occasion.

But none of that compares with being a fan of the Buffalo Bills.

Huge success on the college level while I was in college. Multiple championships in both football and basketball. Honestly, it was glorious, but it sets you up to be entitled and unrealistic afterwords...there's always a fall. Nonetheless, it sure beats sucking.

Huge success on the college level while I was in college. Multiple championships in both football and basketball. Honestly, it was glorious, but it sets you up to be entitled and unrealistic afterwords...there's always a fall. Nonetheless, it sure beats sucking.

i couldn't agree more about the negatives of being a fan of a winning program. Which school?