Have you experienced a championship as a fan of another team

YoloinOhio

Have you experienced a championship as a fan?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Have you experienced a championship as a fan of another team?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, which sport?

• NBA
    • NHL
    • MLB
    • College Football
    • College Basketball
    • Soccer
    • Other
    • N/A, I am still waiting

To those who have won mutliple championships, either consecutive, or really close to one another, what's it like? It seems to me that after the first one, the next one, and the one after, just won't feel the same as that first.

When the Giants won the World Series in 2010, it was a great feeling. After so many years of being in San Francisco and not having won a championship and losing in 2 World Series prior to; it was fantastic.

The second time they won in 2012 was just as sweet, because they swept the Tigers, and were not given much credit to win it all in that series.

Ironically, the third time in 2014 was probably the best feeling. Because nobody said the Giants had a chance in the playoffs. They said the Pirates were the better team in the wild card game. The Giants won. There was no way the Giants were going to beat the Super Strong Nationals in the NLDS. The Giants won. By then the Giants had earned more respect, but they weren't going to go to Saint Louis and win the NLCS against the Cardinals. The Giants won. Finally, the World Series. The Kansas City Royals were the team of destiny. The Giants would put up a good fight, but their luck was running out, the Royals were going to win it all. You know what happened. Watching Madison Bumgarner win that World Series all by himself was incredible.

Edited by Mark Vader

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You root for a Boston team? Geez, that surprises me

i know, right? I mentioned it earlier but my Dad raised us as Celtics fans. He became a Celtics fan when the Braves left Buffalo. I was born into it! We even got shares of Celtics stock for xmas and bdays. When I was growing up, no one hated the Pats. They sucked, mostly. So it didn't seem as weird. But I've never lived in a city that had an NBA team, and just stuck with the C's. I've tried to be a Cavs fan, but it's not the same. Edited by YoloinOhio

i know, right? I mentioned it earlier but my Dad raised us as Celtics fans. He became a Celtics fan when the Braves left Buffalo. I was born into it! We even got shares of Celtics stock for xmas and bdays. When I was growing up, no one hated the Pats. They sucked, mostly. So it didn't seem as weird. But I've never lived in a city that had an NBA team, and just stuck with the C's. I've tried to be a Cavs fan, but it's not the same.

As odd as it may be, I also began to root for the Celtics after the Braves left. (We split season tickets to the Braves and my sister used to babysit for one player.) Odd because, they were the team that kept booting us out of the playoffs as I recall. I love my college hoops now, but pay little attention to the NBA these days.

Mets in '86, Syracuse hoops '03. Neither came close to what it would feel like if the Bills or Sabres won.

Had my heart ripped out by those teams in the finals five times plus the Sabres in '99. Plus the four SBs. So my teams are 2-10 in the finals.

Yes Angles when I lived in SoCal and Giants when I lived in SF. The Angles was the best seeing we followed them very closely.

Ayyy a fellow Bills/Angels fan here. We are a rare breed.

life long lakers fan

Winning a championship is unreal.....winning multiple championships is super unreal

Also a lifelong lakers fan and it definitely makes up for being a Bills fan. A few years ago we were winning one pretty much every other year it seemed. Edited by Uffalo Ills

MLB:

Oakland A's are my baseball team since 1970.... Had multiple WS Championships.

NBA:

Miami Heat are my team since 1993... Multiple Championships

NY Knicks 1970-1993 -Multiple Championships (only time I ever changed rooting for a team. I moved to Miami and worked for a company that had the Heat as a client and we had box seats. I met the players and became a fan)

NFL:

Bills ---- :(

NHL:

Sabres -- :(

Edited by BillsRdue

No.

Sabres, no.

Canisius basketball? They won a MAAC title when I was a senior in high school, the year before I went there. They are pretty good this year though, watch out.

Colorado Rockies, no.

I started rooting for Wyoming football a few years back and ever since, they have completely sucked.

Denver Nuggets, no.

Those are all my teams. Nothing.