If Chad Kelly declares... (Update - returning to Ole Miss)

YoloinOhio

Do you want the Bills to draft Chad Kelly?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. If Chad Kelly declares, do you want the Bills to draft him?

• Yes
    • No
    • He needs another year in college before I can decide

Kelly's measurables will be good. He has a cannon (maybe the strongest in the draft), he is really athletic (rushed for double digit TDs playing in the SEC) and has the pedigree. Chad Kelly will look impressive. My only reservation is his decision making on and off the field. In terms of skills he is fantastic.

two yrs behind tyrod would be ideal

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two yrs behind tyrod would be ideal

I don't disagree at all. I like Kelly and think that he has a chance to be a good pro QB.

If he is in Buffalo though there will be a large segment that want him starting yesterday. It will make for an ugly QB situation. This year was ugly and there was one guy that was light years ahead of the other 2. Imagine throwing a talented Chad Kelly in there?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I say no way at this point. As to being dumb, there was Terry Bradshaw. But Bradshaw had outstanding measurables. Does this kid?

I agree he may dumb as a rock as long as he has football iq and toughness. Jim kellh partied hard at Miami and was no genius, but he is tough and has that something special aboug him. This kid will end up on a roster when where for now long? Let it be Buffalo

He has NFL potential but I think he should come back to school another year

Yes...

Needs another year for sure...But that Ole Miss team probably won't be as good next year either...It's an interesting decision he has to make...It's not cut and dry...

I'd take him...I'm assuming he's matured a bit...I doubt very much he'll be a 1st round pick even if he comes back...Maybe mid-late 1st with a great 2016...I really don't think there's much doubt he has potential...I like his game...He's a competitive kid... B-)

I don't disagree at all. I like Kelly and think that he has a chance to be a good pro QB.

If he is in Buffalo though there will be a large segment that want him starting yesterday. It will make for an ugly QB situation. This year was ugly and there was one guy that was light years ahead of the other 2. Imagine throwing a talented Chad Kelly in there?

I really don't think the coaches care what the fans think as evidence of this yr (and any other for that matter) so if they are smart they will sit him till he is ready. Taylor is good enough to keep him on the bench so I don't think they would rush him out there (I hope)

Yes...

Needs another year for sure...But that Ole Miss team probably won't be as good next year either...It's an interesting decision he has to make...It's not cut and dry...

I'd take him...I'm assuming he's matured a bit...I doubt very much he'll be a 1st round pick even if he comes back...Maybe mid-late 1st with a great 2016...I really don't think there's much doubt he has potential...I like his game...He's a competitive kid... B-)

With Treadwell, Tunsil and others leaving he might be better off leaving. Nothing worse than coming back for another year and having a down yr like Cook ,who lost a lot of weapons, or a bad yr like Cardale Jones who just sux.

I would live with that disruption.....I want a talented guy at that number 2 qb spot

Smart decision, although I understand the temptation, especially in such a weak QB draft. I'm guessing he was informed that he wasn't projected to go in the first two rounds. If he stays on the same trajectory and can smooth out some of his mechanical issues, I think he stands a good chance of getting into the first round next year.

GO BILLS!!!

I think I read he has a very good left tackle ready to step in once the guy there gets picked top overall but replacing treadwell will be tough

Evan Engram is staying for his senior year, really good receiver. If he can build a rapport with Kelly, it could be useful for both of them.

Also has Damore'ea Stringfellow who's immensely talented but dumb as a rock. Got booted out of Washington.

Edited by Blokestradamus

So next year when we flame out and win 4 games we should be in a good position to grab him...

Ducks and runs for cover!

:bag:

What would be the most bills-y outcome?

1) he goes 2 picks before us because we won a late season game (against the team that selected him) after being eliminated... And he's a success

2) the Russell Wilson narrative recurring

3) we take him and it plays out like ej did

What would be the most bills-y outcome?

1) he goes 2 picks before us because we won a late season game (against the team that selected him) after being eliminated... And he's a success

2) the Russell Wilson narrative recurring

3) we take him and it plays out like ej did

I don't see him being EJ-ish...maybe more Losman like

You are totally correct though in your take...

If he wasn't Jim Kelly's nephew would this thread even exist? I've seen Chad play, some good and some bad...and he's got some issues that Jim, wild though he was, didn't have...

This year, as a junior, he ranked 9th in yds, 8th in tds and 13th in qb rating. That's really good when coupled with playing in the toughest conference. Does that mean we'd be talking about him.... No but it is the offseason.

This year, as a junior, he ranked 9th in yds, 8th in tds and 13th in qb rating. That's really good when coupled with playing in the toughest conference. Does that mean we'd be talking about him.... No but it is the offseason.

thst was really my point in the thread. Not that we would draft him simply because he's jims nephew. But givenhow he looks legit, would the part about who he is and where he's from and the potential negatives of that actually deter the Bills. Edited by YoloinOhio