I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did not have a great game. But I don't like making judgments on QBs this soon into in their tenure on a new team with a new offensive scheme. There have been a few times that TT made a play and I was lost for words it was so good. He provides a spark, there is no denying that. Let the kid grow into a bit. Hopefully we keep rex and roman and the bulk of the offense to have some continuity - if TT doesn't show growth after taking out the variables, then I will have no problem saying its time. But its been 10 games... not enough time - It wasn't enough time for EJ either IMO, but I digress.

Edited by PortlandiaEast

taylor's first bad game.

i say he's still injured , but is playing through it. certainly was injured at end of game.

He was bad vs. the Titans until the very end. He threw 3 INTs vs. the Pats the first time around which cost them. This isn't his 1st bad game. He's been good in some and bad in some, which is what you get with an inexperienced guy.

Still better than EJ, still the best QB on the roster, but he surely isn't the long term answer at QB.

I really wanted to believe, but he is another checkdown or scramble guy that can't consistently read the defense and throw down the field.

It's frustrating.

We were (to my understanding) supposed to be a ground-n-pound, impose-our-will, throw or scramble enough to keep the D honest type of team.

NE did a great job in last year's superbowl forcing RW to be a pocket passer and disrupting timing on the throws while stuffing the run. Props to their D.

They did a great job yesterday keeping contain on the run and keeping Taylor in the pocket. Propst to their D again.

If you were expecting Taylor to be the 2nd coming of Aaron Rodgers, you should have never believed. I would like to know when in the game he was injured, though.

All said and done, I will be very disappointed if we don't draft a QB high next year, but that's still only about a 30-50% proposition.

Edited by Hopeful

Maybe they can get Chad Kelly.

I was wondering how long before I would see his name for 2016. :)

Personally I would hate to come to play in Buffalo if I was Chad Kelly. People would immediately expect him to be Jim Kelly.

That is too big a burden on any rookie!

We were (to my understanding) supposed to be a ground-n-pound, impose-our-will, throw or scramble enough to keep the D honest type of team.

NE did a great job in last year's superbowl forcing RW to be a pocket passer and disrupting timing on the throws while stuffing the run. Props to their D.

They did a great job yesterday keeping contain on the run and keeping Taylor in the pocket. Propst to their D again.

If you were expecting Taylor to be the 2nd coming of Aaron Rodgers, you should have never believed. I would like to know when in the game he was injured, though.

All said and done, I will be very disappointed if we don't draft a QB high next year, but that's still only about a 30-50% proposition.

Given our personnel and where we are in the competition cycle (basically, "win now before age and the cap catch up with us"), and given who'll be available in the draft, it's more like take your pick of the available veterans other teams are giving up on: RG3, maybe Kap, Bradford and/or Foles, Cutler, Peyton Manning (!), try to grab Osweiler away from the Broncs (I think they'll sign him and he'll take over next year), Weeden, a McCown or two, you get the picture ... really, that's where we're at again. Same. Old. Story.

Given our personnel and where we are in the competition cycle (basically, "win now before age and the cap catch up with us"), and given who'll be available in the draft, it's more like take your pick of the available veterans other teams are giving up on: RG3, maybe Kap, Bradford and/or Foles, Cutler, Peyton Manning (!), try to grab Osweiler away from the Broncs (I think they'll sign him and he'll take over next year), Weeden, a McCown or two, you get the picture ... really, that's where we're at again. Same. Old. Story.

Honestly, I prefer TT and EJ over all those options.

I'm sorry to say it this way but some of you guys just don't understand football or watch enough of it. In get the sense that many posters here are so caught up in the echo chamber of their favorite team that they fail to observe how the league really works and what other teams go through.

Franchise QBs do not grow on trees. You don't find them overnight. QBs do not develop evenly, it takes time and there are ups and downs. Look at the seasons that Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson are having. There are games that Andy Dalton has had that, if looked at in a vacuum, would cause most posters to declare that he is not a franchise QB. Same thing for Carson Palmer for that matter.

As Kelly said, Tyrod has a high completion percentage and does not turn the ball over. More often than not he makes he right read and puts the ball where it needs to go. He has started 9 NFL games. He competed against the NFL's best last night, after beating an even better defense last week.

Relax and give him some time before declaring him a bust, please.

I'm sorry to say it this way but some of you guys just don't understand football or watch enough of it. In get the sense that many posters here are so caught up in the echo chamber of their favorite team that they fail to observe how the league really works and what other teams go through.

Franchise QBs do not grow on trees. You don't find them overnight. QBs do not develop evenly, it takes time and there are ups and downs. Look at the seasons that Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson are having. There are games that Andy Dalton has had that, if looked at in a vacuum, would cause most posters to declare that he is not a franchise QB. Same thing for Carson Palmer for that matter.

As Kelly said, Tyrod has a high completion percentage and does not turn the ball over. More often than not he makes he right read and puts the ball where it needs to go. He has started 9 NFL games. He competed against the NFL's best last night, after beating an even better defense last week.

Relax and give him some time before declaring him a bust, please.

Were you saying the same thing about EJ? Just curious.

Saying Tyrod sucks is going too far, but he certainly did not have a good game last night.

@thadbrown7

#Bills QB not good enough yet to beat NFL varsity. Locks in on receivers. Hardly ever looks both side of field. No intermediate throws.

"just give him more time"

I think people need to relax. Yeah did Tyrod Taylor have an absolutely awful game; Yes, he did. You have to put just as much of that loss on Greg Roman. The play calling for the last 4 games has been absolutely abysmal. Especially in this game and the Jets game. How many times did he run the same option play from the shotgun, 2 back formation on first down last night?

Tyrod underthrew about 5 deep passes. 2 or more TD's not scored from that.

BS, allowing only 20 points in Foxboro is a hell of a game defensively. We had plenty of chances offensively and we didn't execute.

I'm not sure how anyone pins this on Roman's play calling. He called a very good game IMO. Certainly good enough to win this one. This game was on McKelvin's turnovers, Taylor's inability to throw well on several deep passes - including two would-be TDs had he not floated those balls - and the coaches who are ultimately to blame for the disarray the various squads were in at critical times.

HTF do the coaches let McKelvin continue to return kicks after two turnovers? After the second one, every mistake he made was on the coaches who sent him back out there. Ridiculous.

I'll give the coaches credit for making the best out of Taylor, but a quality QB wins this game and that's not on them. To win against the best teams you have to have a QB who can contribute a lot more than Taylor can now. We can debate about where his development can eventually lead, but he sure is not where we need him to be right now. If I'm Whaley I'm looking to improve the position in the offseason and let Taylor compete with whomever I can bring in.

Maybe it'll come with time together and in the system, but the preparation of the two teams was very far apart last night. The Bills did not kill themselves with penalties, but they repeatedly looked disorganized. That's on the coaches. The Patriots never lost their composure and always seemed to know exactly what to do. Hell, Brady even knew the rule that stated the ball would be placed at the spot of the catch on the inadvertent whistle play. He started walking up the field mid explanation. That disparity was frustrating to watch.

Tom Brady sure looked pedestrian himself. I don't think he's a franchise QB. Not much of a future for him

Actually, he looked good. His completion percentage was sh*t because he smartly threw the ball away time and time again when the D had the play sniffed out. That's good QB play even if it doesn't show up in the stats.

He's there guys. He does not turn the ball over. That's his first year. Next year he will hit the stuff he missed tonight.

Wait are you saying it actually takes more than ten starts to learn the incredibly complex qb position in the NFL? You must be MAD.

And for those of you who said he missed shady on that td pass, what game were you watching? It was a perfectly thrown pass, like the majority of his long balls.