Refugee Crisis in the U. S. (?)

B-Man

There's nothing stopping "so-called president" Trump from retracting the unconstitutional EO and creating a new one that is vetted by the Justice and Homeland Security departments to meet constitutional requirements, except for his ego that prevents him from admitting he is wrong. So stupid and (small) ham-handed.

There's nothing stopping "so-called president" Trump from retracting the unconstitutional EO and creating a new one that is vetted by the Justice and Homeland Security departments to meet constitutional requirements, except for his ego that prevents him from admitting he is wrong. So stupid and (small) ham-handed.

As was already pointed out, this should be a positive day for anyone who actually values the constitution and principles under which this nation is supposed to operate. If anything it should assuage some of the more nightmarish scenarios being pushed by the fearmongers on the left and in the media.

Thus...the checks and balances start to come in to effect. The Oompa-Loompa-in-Chief, it turns out, can't do whatever the !@#$ he wants.

http://ijr.com/wildfire/2017/02/794398-this-magnificent-video-of-trump-listening-to-obama-clinton-on-immigration-is-just-what-the-worlds-been-waiting-for/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

While much of the nation is “shocked, shocked I tell you,” by President Trump's travel ban order, as well as his determination to enforce the country's borders, a video has come along that puts the faux hysteria into perfect context: Trump listening to former Presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama on illegal immigration.

One thing noticeably absent: Mobs of protesters torching buildings and assaulting citizens after Clinton and Obama spoke out against illegal immigration.

As was already pointed out, this should be a positive day for anyone who actually values the constitution and principles under which this nation is supposed to operate. If anything it should assuage some of the more nightmarish scenarios being pushed by the fearmongers on the left and in the media.

I'm thinking that someone who refers to Trump as the "so-called" president doesn't value the Constitution to any meaningful degree.

9th circuit's ruling is in...

Court shoots down the ban.

I just finished reading that decision. That's was transparent judicial elasticism at its finest. What a crock of crap. I'm not expressing an opinion on the administration's policy or how it was implemented. It does look like Trump's legal team vomited on itself, but that fact shouldn't permit the Court from making up crap just to take advantage of its own self-interest (and I'm not even saying that it is a politically-motivated decision).

The court was deciding a motion to reinstate the ban. They went out of their way to say that the States' marginal standing claim has merit "at this stage" of the proceeding. The logic they used to support standing to argue for the citizens of seven foreign countries is stupid. They say that Washington and Minnesota can argue on behalf of their State University faculty and students and their families affected by the ban. Okay, fine, but then the court could have/should have restored the ban to only State University students and faculty -- not EVERYONE. Later, they say that the 5th amendment protects "individuals" even who don't reside here and aren't green card holders, but who hold visas. How then does that apply to Syrian refugees who have no such status. Huh? How does that follow?

They went out of their way to say that their decision is only really in effect until the appeal of the district court order is decided and "at this stage" it appears that the government doesn't have a winnable case on the merits. The court's reasoning and logic was flimsy and disengenuous at best. It seems pretty clear that they don't care because their self-interest had to be to get the spotlight off of them for the time being.

Checks and balances are one thing (and one thing I was hopeful for no matter who won the election in November) but one branch can't make s**t up just to exercise restraint on another. That's abuse and it's lame and it is especially lame when courts do it.

Edited by snafu

Rest comfortably tonight Pasta Joe knowing that Isis is sending people to our country that want to cut your throat and burn your family alive.

Might wanna direct your ire from non existant demons to something more tangible to the safety of the republic....like say maybe pre-election negotiations with the russians.....

Might wanna direct your ire from non existant demons to something more tangible to the safety of the republic....like say maybe pre-election negotiations with the russians.....

Reset button

I'll have more flexibility after the election

http://ijr.com/wildfire/2017/02/794398-this-magnificent-video-of-trump-listening-to-obama-clinton-on-immigration-is-just-what-the-worlds-been-waiting-for/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

While much of the nation is “shocked, shocked I tell you,” by President Trump's travel ban order, as well as his determination to enforce the country's borders, a video has come along that puts the faux hysteria into perfect context: Trump listening to former Presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama on illegal immigration.

One thing noticeably absent: Mobs of protesters torching buildings and assaulting citizens after Clinton and Obama spoke out against illegal immigration.

I think I posted this yesterday.

I can't figure it out. Rational people can be shown this, and dismiss it. Close friends and family, people I respect, but they refuse to see the contradictions in their reactions.

I just finished reading that decision. That's was transparent judicial elasticism at its finest. What a crock of crap. I'm not expressing an opinion on the administration's policy or how it was implemented. It does look like Trump's legal team vomited on itself, but that fact shouldn't permit the Court from making up crap just to take advantage of its own self-interest (and I'm not even saying that it is a politically-motivated decision).

The court was deciding a motion to reinstate the ban. They went out of their way to say that the States' marginal standing claim has merit "at this stage" of the proceeding. The logic they used to support standing to argue for the citizens of seven foreign countries is stupid. They say that Washington and Minnesota can argue on behalf of their State University faculty and students and their families affected by the ban. Okay, fine, but then the court could have/should have restored the ban to only State University students and faculty -- not EVERYONE. Later, they say that the 5th amendment protects "individuals" even who don't reside here and aren't green card holders, but who hold visas. How then does that apply to Syrian refugees who have no such status. Huh? How does that follow?

They went out of their way to say that their decision is only really in effect until the appeal of the district court order is decided and "at this stage" it appears that the government doesn't have a winnable case on the merits. The court's reasoning and logic was flimsy and disengenuous at best. It seems pretty clear that they don't care because their self-interest had to be to get the spotlight off of them for the time being.

Checks and balances are one thing (and one thing I was hopeful for no matter who won the election in November) but one branch can't make s**t up just to exercise restraint on another. That's abuse and it's lame and it is especially lame when courts do it.

EUGENE KONTOROVICH: The 9th Circuit’s dangerous and unprecedented use of campaign statements to block presidential policy.

Urbana man charged with living, voting in U.S. illegally

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2017-02-10/urbana-man-charged-living-voting-us-illegally.html

URBANA — A Mexican national who has lived in Urbana since 2005, allegedly using a stolen identity, was arraigned Thursday on seven federal counts, including four related to voting by an illegal immigrant.

Miguel Valencia-Sandoval, 33, who allegedly had been using the identity of a Texas man named Ramiro G. Vasquez, pleaded not guilty to the charges before Magistrate Eric Long at U.S. District Court in Urbana

Same as the woman deported from Phoenix, using a stolen false identity.

Hey look, President Trump is going to take Pasta Joe's advice............... :lol:

BREAKING. Is Trump Planning To Issue A New Travel Order?

Moot & reboot: White House working on replacement travel-pause EO?

NBC: Trump Administration Rewriting Immigration Executive Order

Edited by B-Man

CHANGE: ‘We’re going to see more’: Sanctuary cities cave in face of Trump’s funding threats.

Unidentified 9th Circuit Judge seeks vote on further review of panel Order

AT THE NINTH CIRCUIT, a sua sponte motion for en banc rehearing of the immigration decision. Note that even if the court doesn’t go for rehearing, this opens it up for unhappy judges on the 9th who weren’t on the original 3-judge panel to file blistering dissents. Which will be there for the Supreme Court to read if it reviews the panel decision.

California Asks For $100B Despite Refusal To Enforce Immigration Laws.

California officials may not be happy with President Trump’s immigration orders, but they are eager to get a piece of the $1 trillion infrastructure plan that he has promised.

State officials proposed a list of infrastructure projects on Wednesday that would require $100 billion in federal funds. Some of the projects include improving roads, bridges, levees, ports and public transportation according to the Los Angeles Times.

Although California Democrats have been critical of President Trump’s immigration policies, state officials have praised his massive infrastructure proposal. Trump promised to repair roads and bridges across the country in his inaugural address and California Gov. Jerry Brown responded last month in his State of the State address: “And I say, ‘Amen to that, man. Amen to that, brother.’”

Now that’s a high-speed gravy train.

Obama-v-Trump.jpeg?resize=580%2C509

California Asks For $100B Despite Refusal To Enforce Immigration Laws.

California officials may not be happy with President Trump’s immigration orders, but they are eager to get a piece of the $1 trillion infrastructure plan that he has promised.

State officials proposed a list of infrastructure projects on Wednesday that would require $100 billion in federal funds. Some of the projects include improving roads, bridges, levees, ports and public transportation according to the Los Angeles Times.

Although California Democrats have been critical of President Trump’s immigration policies, state officials have praised his massive infrastructure proposal. Trump promised to repair roads and bridges across the country in his inaugural address and California Gov. Jerry Brown responded last month in his State of the State address: “And I say, ‘Amen to that, man. Amen to that, brother.’”

Now that’s a high-speed gravy train.

Obama-v-Trump.jpeg?resize=580%2C509

And they'll get it, too, when the courts decide that withholding it is a violation of the equal protection clause.

Yeah but when we secede we'll be on our own baby. We don't need no stinking federal mon.......oh !@#$!

Leave if you must, but the nukes, Navy ships, Air Force planes, the soldiers, sailors, and airmen all belong to us.

On the other hand, all those evacuated armed forces bases will make swell neighborhoods for the hundreds of thousands of new Mexicans and Guatemalan Demi-citizens.

Leave if you must, but the nukes, Navy ships, Air Force planes, the soldiers, sailors, and airmen all belong to us.

On the other hand, all those evacuated armed forces bases will make swell neighborhoods for the hundreds of thousands of new Mexicans and Guatemalan Demi-citizens.

Why do we need a military? People love California! They really love us!!

THIS POLITICIAN MAKES THE MOST SENSE ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

I have been waiting a long time for a politician to come along who has exactly the right view of illegal immigration. Finally, I have

I guess this was before the Democrats figured out that there was lots of money, and quite a few votes, to be had by being scofflaws. Note that Obama is quite a bit to Trump’s right on immigration. Trump is actually a squish, if you take his pronouncements seriously. He has never talked much about going after employers, which is pretty much the whole ball game.

A commenter at InstaPundit has a great idea:

President Trump ought to use these exact same words in his next speech and then we can see how the left and the media react.

THIS POLITICIAN MAKES THE MOST SENSE ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

I have been waiting a long time for a politician to come along who has exactly the right view of illegal immigration. Finally, I have

I guess this was before the Democrats figured out that there was lots of money, and quite a few votes, to be had by being scofflaws. Note that Obama is quite a bit to Trump’s right on immigration. Trump is actually a squish, if you take his pronouncements seriously. He has never talked much about going after employers, which is pretty much the whole ball game.

A commenter at InstaPundit has a great idea:

President Trump ought to use these exact same words in his next speech and then we can see how the left and the media react.

He pretty much did that with Clinton 1996 speech.

You can throw this in the Trump haters faces, and they just move on. I pointed it out to my mom, and her response was "well, that just proves how divisive he is. It's the combativeness of the way he presents it. He is tearing the nation apart!"

:doh:

It doesn't matter how many points you make, they are either brainwashed, or so deeply entrenched in their position (because they have publically put their reputation behind attacking Trump) that they can't come back. They are beyond reason. At this point they would have to admit to being completely wrong about some the beliefs that they have built their ego's around.

They won't do it, instead it's just fervent denial. I mean, they can't even admit he actually won the election.

Maybe they need a hashtag that provides a soft opening for them to express consent...

"#IhateTrumpbut...his immigration policy is exactly the same as Bill Clinton's"

"#IhateTrumpbut....it seems like he is saving some American jobs"

"#IhateTrumpbut....Common Core is kinda kooky"

Edited by HoF Watkins

"#IhateTrumpbut...he won the election" :nana:

I looked on Twitter, and there is one guy, one guy in the world, that has used that hashtag, and only once. I don't have a Twitter account (don't want one), so I can't get it rolling, but there needs to be an outlet for the haters to give soft praise.

#IhateTrumpbut....I have to admit, Melania is hot.

Edited by HoF Watkins

No real surprise...............

Poll: Americans oppose sanctuary cities, support Trump’s immigration agenda

A poll released today found that Americans are overwhelmingly against sanctuary cities. From the Hill:

A survey from Harvard–Harris Poll provided exclusively to The Hill found that 80 percent of voters say local authorities should have to comply with the law by reporting to federal agents the illegal immigrants they come into contact with…

A majority — 52 percent — say they support Trump’s two executive orders allowing for the construction of a southern border wall, increasing the number of immigration officers by 10,000 and finding a way to revoke federal funds for sanctuary cities.

The crackdown on sanctuary cities is the most popular feature of those actions, followed closely by the directive to increase the border patrol, which is backed by 75 percent of voters.

A Reuters story published last month estimated the nation’s top 10 sanctuary cities could lose $2.3 billion in federal funds if they refuse to cooperate with Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Democratic mayors in Chicago and New York have vowed not to cooperate with any efforts to end sanctuary city policies. However, other parts of the country have voted to end the policies. Miami-Dade county dropped its sanctuary status last week.

Overall, this is a very positive poll for Trump. The one exception is the construction of a southern border wall. When this one piece of his agenda is separated from the rest, poll respondents opposed the wall 53-47.

Everything else Trump has proposed, including his temporary travel ban on immigration from 7 nations, has majority support. Support for the travel ban went as high as 60% when the question described the 7 countries that are the targets of the ban as “Muslim majority countries.”

Edited by B-Man