Refugee Crisis in the U. S. (?)

B-Man

TRUMP’S NEW TRAVEL ORDER LOOKS BULLETPROOF

President Trump rescinded his original travel order today, and replaced it it with a new one that is tailored to meet the legal objections that the first order encountered.

The order is generally similar to the first one, but Iraq is now treated differently from the other six countries of concern. The order retains the 50,000 refugee ceiling for the current year. It adds language that explains the logic of the order, cites constitutional and statutory authority, and negates the criticism that it is directed at Muslims.

WaPo’s Ignatius: 300 Possible Terrorists Travel Ban Would Have Stopped is a ‘Tiny Number’

How many terrorists and terrorist attacks in the US are acceptable to David Ignatius?

For David Ignatius, what is an acceptable number of terrorists and terrorist attacks in the United States? The question arises because on today’s Morning Joe, Ignatius, of the Washington Post, was discussing the Trump admin statement that since 9/11, 300 people admitted from countries on the reissued executive order have been subject to “criminal, counter-terrorism investigations.”

Sniffed Ignatius: that’s a “tiny number.” Really? If those 300 had not been caught up in counter-terrorism investigations, how many would have carried out terrorist attacks?

If only 1-in-20 had, that would be 15 terrorist attacks. Fifteen San Bernadinos, Pulses. Even one. Tiny?

(more…)

May I say, as a 10-year army vet who was deployed to Iraq in 03-04 and 05-06, and as a man with a degree in the history of western civilizations....I in no way desire to take in any refugees.

We took you in.

So Muslim travel ban 2.0 didn't get the big televised Trump roll out like 1.0. So when he has to admit he was wrong he leaves it to his minions to make the presentation. A Rex Tillerson sighting, after breaking precedent and being a no-show last week for the State Dept. annual human rights report. Muslim travel ban 2.0 won't take effect until March 16 (assuming it's now constitutional), and now doesn't include Iraq. So based on Trump's previous statements on the urgency of the issue, we should expect some bad dudes coming into the country this week.

Get off the computer and go riot you poser

Yeah....um, I was born in Batavia. Im an American and not a refugee.

If you're referring to the BBMB thingy...I've been here for years. Just never posted much.

You e been here for years? I have a few questions.

What's retatta? Did njsue ever figure out how to convert exchange rates?

What precious metal did Dwight drane say would be the best in the coming apocalypse?

Edited by meazza

You e been here for years? I have a few questions.

What's retatta? Did njsue ever figure out how to convert exchange rates?

What precious metal did Dwight drane say would be the best in the coming apocalypse?

Um...I have no idea what you're talking about. However, I just found out there was a political board here.

I read what y'all wrote but I never posted much because I knew the people at BBMB better.

But now that I found out there's a section for politics...I love this place!

But now that I found out there's a section for politics...I love this place!

There's definitely an acclamation period before you get used to things here, but once you get the flow it's pretty cool.

He also claimed he designed nuclear power plants.

Pretty sure his zip code is 10016.

iirc he spoke to a few members more personally - in doing so he talked about what he had done. he asid he was some sort of engineer - landscape maybe or somethign to do with outdoors and drainage, etc...

anyway, he helped design the landscaping of the plants to make sure they were environmentally sound.

do not know if he was the head dude or what, but he did know a fairly decent amount of that information

iirc he spoke to a few members more personally - in doing so he talked about what he had done. he asid he was some sort of engineer - landscape maybe or somethign to do with outdoors and drainage, etc...

anyway, he helped design the landscaping of the plants to make sure they were environmentally sound.

do not know if he was the head dude or what, but he did know a fairly decent amount of that information

So he's Mexican??

It's obvious that you !@#$s don't listen but talk instead. You post, but don't read. You claim to be citizens here but you know little about the former King of the Shoutbox, the one who lived in his mom's basement in Corry, PA, once put hot sauce on his dick for reasons he couldn't even explain and grew up in the 14787 zip code (thus dog14787). The only one here that got things even partially right was Boyst, but I attribute that to his extremely high IQ disirregardless of anything else.

A U.S. federal court on Friday refused to put an emergency halt to Republican President Donald Trump's revised travel ban, saying lawyers from states opposed to the measure needed to file more extensive court papers.

(Excerpt) Read more at reuters.com ...

The same federal judge who shot down Trump’s last travel ban doesn’t do it this time

Travel Ban 2.0 was launched this week to immediate protests from the usual list of suspects, but something seems to be different. The media was thrilled to announce fairly quickly that the revised order had been “dealt its first court setback,” but once you dug past the headline you found out that it really only applied to one specific family. (Reuters)

The real goal for Trump’s detractors was to relive their glory days from the first ban and have the entire thing brought to a screeching halt. For that they went back to their go-to man on the scene, Seattle U.S. District Court Judge James Robart. As you will recall, he was a favorite media figure in the last fight because he was a Bush appointee, so obviously this couldn’t be any sort of partisan chicanery, right? Unfortunately for the complainants, history didn’t repeat itself last night and the judge went the other way. (The Hill)

Extreme oversight by the Trump administration. Ban them all, and intern and remove the ones we've got.

I can't tell if you are (trying) to be sarcastic..............but, none of that BS needs to be done.

Just don't hide behind the fake charge of "Racism", when the necessary response against Radical Islamics needs to be done.

Then don't issue an executive order. Just instruct State to not issue any visas to residents of those countries.